Introduction thread

balta1701-A

My name's Jason. I saw all the Bearstalk guys bashing on NFLFans and decided to check out the site. Never was much consistent Bears talk going on over there. I am 30. Originally from Carpentersville, IL. I am in the Air Force and stationed in Altus, OK (Just East of Nowhere). I am surrounded by Cowboys fans, so I need a dose of real fans every now and then. Don't spend a lot of time on the computer at home, and the AF is now blocking us from other AF sites (much less messageboards)...so I don't know how often I'll post, but I will check in often.

Question: The terms of agreement said posts could not be sexually oriented. If I call my cousin (the Packer fan) gay, is that breaking the rules?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: The terms of agreement said posts could not be sexually oriented. If I call my cousin (the Packer fan) gay, is that breaking the rules?

Welcome aboard. I lived in C'ville back in the early 80's, bought a home on Cardinal.

Take care of yourself. My brother was 22 yrs in USAF (retired). I was USN. :)

Packer bashing is a-ok :bears

My name's Jason. I saw all the Bearstalk guys bashing on NFLFans and decided to check out the site. Never was much consistent Bears talk going on over there. I am 30. Originally from Carpentersville, IL. I am in the Air Force and stationed in Altus, OK (Just East of Nowhere). I am surrounded by Cowboys fans, so I need a dose of real fans every now and then. Don't spend a lot of time on the computer at home, and the AF is now blocking us from other AF sites (much less messageboards)...so I don't know how often I'll post, but I will check in often.

Welcome aboard...good to have you here!!!!

Real name is Drew, I am 24 and a bears fan since berth. I work in Indy and can no longer stand the Colts. I don't post much, but read a lot, and since I got this new job I don't have time to read much even. I was a member of bearstalk and am happy to see everybody made it over. Looked at a lot of different boards, and the bearstalk guys are the most loyal fans I have ever seen. One other thing I haven't seen mentioned, we are like a family, and the thing I like most about the bearstalk guys is that they stick together in real life and know what matters most. Football is a game, and friends and family are #1. Glad to see so many people made it over and look forward to all the bears talk.

Great to see you join us!! I know things are a bit different but if you play around with the options available you will be surprised how smooth this works. We have lots of amenities here we did not have before and no commercial ties for the first time EVER, so hopefully this will be the last stop on the long line of sites since Da Shrine first launched.

kledanhoj here...

Same name since the days of Da Shrine.

Seems like Bearstalk.com lasted the longest though.. even with a few resets along the way.

Good to see most of the guys made it over..

Stll need to get used to the new diggs though..

Great to see you onboard kledanhoj! Hey, if I can figure out most of the bells and whistles her, anyone can!

• 1 month later...

My name is Joel, 33 and since 2000 home is Parker, CO. I grew up on the Southside of Chicago and remain to this day a loyal Bears & Sox fan living in Bronco land. By the way I can't stand the local sports talk radio.

I graduted from Southern Illinois and then received my Master's from the University of New Mexico where I was lucky enough to watch the last 2 years Urlacher was a Lobo. I have been a Directv NFL Ticket holder since 1998 - cant miss a game!

I found the orginal bearstalk a few years ago but hardly ever posted. I really found that website difficult to use and this new one is great! I enjoy reading the variety of post but especially enjoy the chatter during the offseason and draft time.

My name is Joel, 33 and since 2000 home is Parker, CO. I grew up on the Southside of Chicago and remain to this day a loyal Bears & Sox fan living in Bronco land. By the way I can't stand the local sports talk radio.

I graduted from Southern Illinois and then received my Master's from the University of New Mexico where I was lucky enough to watch the last 2 years Urlacher was a Lobo. I have been a Directv NFL Ticket holder since 1998 - cant miss a game!

I found the orginal bearstalk a few years ago but hardly ever posted. I really found that website difficult to use and this new one is great! I enjoy reading the variety of post but especially enjoy the chatter during the offseason and draft time.

Great to have ya aboard :cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm a Bears fan from Gothenburg, Sweden! I've been lurking here for a while and I must say I enjoy your board!

Became a Bears fan 'by name' in 1987 when the Bears played the Vikings in the preseason here in Sweden. Due to bad NFL coverage here the only football I got to see during the ninties was the Superbowls so I didn't got the Da Bears much. Really started to follow the game during the last part of the 04-season. So I am still learning the finer parts of the game! Had the pleasure to see two live games with the Bears so far, the 06 Giants game and the 07 Lions game in Detroit.

Bear Down!

Glad to have you on board!

Hi!

I'm a Bears fan from Gothenburg, Sweden! I've been lurking here for a while and I must say I enjoy your board!

Became a Bears fan 'by name' in 1987 when the Bears played the Vikings in the preseason here in Sweden. Due to bad NFL coverage here the only football I got to see during the ninties was the Superbowls so I didn't got the Da Bears much. Really started to follow the game during the last part of the 04-season. So I am still learning the finer parts of the game! Had the pleasure to see two live games with the Bears so far, the 06 Giants game and the 07 Lions game in Detroit.

Bear Down!

Hi!

Bear Down!

Welcome aboard, great to have another Bears fan around!!!!

Hi!

Bear Down!

Answer me this... what percentage of the girls in Sweden are actually smoking hot?

Hi!

Bear Down!

Hi mate... :cheers

you back home or back in the States?

Answer me this... what percentage of the girls in Sweden are actually smoking hot?

Smoking hot? about 5% maybe. The kicker is that the average girl is hotter than in US!

Hi mate... cheers.gif

you back home or back in the States?

Hi Adi!

I'm back in Sweden! I left the job that got me visiting to the States regularly. You get bored with Detroit quite fast...

clnr,

You have to confirm for me...a freind that visisted the lovely Sweden mentioned that there is not so much violence on TV, but a lot more sex. If true, it sounds like the priorities are far more correct than in the US! ...with the exception of football of course!

Smoking hot? about 5% maybe. The kicker is that the average girl is hotter than in US!

Hi Adi!

I'm back in Sweden! I left the job that got me visiting to the States regularly. You get bored with Detroit quite fast...

That is true. In general Swedes believe that violence is more dangerous than sex when it comes to TV or movies. We have a "suitable for 11 year olds" and "suitable for 15 year olds" ratings for movies and violence rates stronger than sex or foul language.

Hi Adi!

well around here its 80% "WIDE LOAD" and 20% old slapper..... :blink: