Introduction thread

balta1701-A

If there's going to be a "who are you" thread for the people from BearsTalk to ID themselves, then as one of the mods here, I'd like to add this thread as a place for everyone to say hello. Welcome to this way of organizing the words "Bears" and "Talk"! I'm one of the guys who came over from Soxtalk when this board was created, and it'll certainly be nice to have some new minds around here to pick!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's going to be a "who are you" thread for the people from BearsTalk to ID themselves, then as one of the mods here, I'd like to add this thread as a place for everyone to say hello. Welcome to this way of organizing the words "Bears" and "Talk"! I'm one of the guys who came over from Soxtalk when this board was created, and it'll certainly be nice to have some new minds around here to pick!

We can also add a little about ourselves.

NeoBear

41yrs old

Been around since 99 with DaBearsShrine

Ok. How about a bit of background on the Soxtalk board? I didn't realize another group was joining us. - Not that I'm xenophobic or anything, just surprised.

I'm LT2_3. I've been around since Dabeasshrine and do salary cap stuff occasionally and hope to have some numbers soon.

Ok. How about a bit of background on the Soxtalk board? I didn't realize another group was joining us. - Not that I'm xenophobic or anything, just surprised.

I'm LT2_3. I've been around since Dabeasshrine and do salary cap stuff occasionally and hope to have some numbers soon.

Soxtalk is a White Sox website (not a Bears site) that I run (it is on the same server as this forum and uses the same software). There are quite a few members of that site that are Bear fans and I'm sure we'll see some of them join on up here and start posting amongst us.

Looking forward to that Salary cap analysis. Once you got it posted, we can throw up a link on the header portion so people can have access to it throughout the season.

Nice to have a numbers whiz!

I am not an original soxtalk'er, but I believe it was originally just Soxtalk with people to talk White Sox baseball, and then around 1-2 years ago, or something like that, they expanded to make forums for most chicago sport teams. There aren't a whole lot of regulars from talkbears though, only about 10, maybe a couple more then that.

Nice to have a numbers whiz!

I am not an original soxtalk'er, but I believe it was originally just Soxtalk with people to talk White Sox baseball, and then around 1-2 years ago, or something like that, they expanded to make forums for most chicago sport teams. There aren't a whole lot of regulars from talkbears though, only about 10, maybe a couple more then that.

But we are an annoying bunch.

And a few of us smell.

I won't tell you which ones. :headbang

Hello Guys,

My username is Uncle Buck though on the old site for a number of years I went by Kingston Bob. I don't post too often as I usually don't have much to say but love to read the threads. I sure as heck hope everyone makes it over here. As a side note for the admins; how is Pixote doing?

Hello Guys,

My username is Uncle Buck though on the old site for a number of years I went by Kingston Bob. I don't post too often as I usually don't have much to say but love to read the threads. I sure as heck hope everyone makes it over here. As a side note for the admins; how is Pixote doing?

Hey Kingston. Its been a long time, good to see ya over here. From what I know Pixote is doing good. I know he's been working hard but hopefully he can chime in on this thread (he registered today and is working on sending out the email to all the members of Bearstalk).

ASHKUM BEAR, I've been with Bearstalk for about 5 years. I'm glad we can have a site to hopefully keep the good ole boys together. There's nothing like feeling the heat when cracker, nfo, choad, travd and many others get debating our Bears beliefs.

I'll be here just like with the old board, thanks DBDB.

wow, DaBearsShrine...that were i got my start on Bears message boards

Boston Boxer

40yrs old

MSgt (E-7) U.S. Air Force

Born and raised in Boston for 22 yrs until i joined the Military

Now Stationed in Omaha Nebraska

Will be moving to Colorado Springs in Jun 08 and assigned to Peterson AFB Co

I love all Boston based sports as well as the Bears

I sometimes make stupid posts in the middle of a game or when i have had too much to drink

I've been with the Bearstalk board for a few years now.

I'm glad to see so many old bearstalker's here, along with new folks from other sites!

Glad to be here!

Cheers!

da_bears.jpg

Hi guys -

Pattymac, member on the old board since 2004. My name's Pat (huge surprise, I know), Im 24 years old, live in Rogers Park, and right now all I am hoping for is that some of our young guys get some good game experience over these final 3 weeks.

Glad to be here.

Name is Frank, been hanging around in good times and bad since the Bearsshrine days. Soon to be 43 and I grew up in the west suburbs (Naperville) when it was the far-west suburbs. It's a little different these days with everything completely built up on all the old farms. After college in Iowa (Cyclones!) spent a few years in the Air Force in Texas. Now my stomping grounds are in the Phoenix area.

Best Bears experience...going to Soldier Field to watch the '85 Bears beat the Giants in the playoffs. Had seats in the corner of the endzone where all the action was. And yes, it was cold that day!

hi all

my name is sean

i am from england uk i have been a bear fan since the 84 season when the first nfl game i saw on tv was bears v new orleans at soldier field when i saw walter payton breaks jim brown's rushing record i just knew i had found my team and i was luckly enough to meet the great man along with jim mc at the america bowl in 86 i am also mad liverpool fc (soccer)fan i found the bears talk forum awhile back don't post a lot but i love the read every post i can

I'm one of the talkbear'ers, and I'm awesome :)

But, what I add to these forums are good draft/college football insight (at least I think), and strong Bear Pride!

However, I'm still young (17) and still have a lot to learn.

You forgot to mention your obsession with how awesome Benson is

To save you the time, yes, I forgot to mention how awesome I think Grossman is

Hello everyone "The Lemonhead" has showed up and since this season is basically a wash I will dive head first into one of my "other passions" the NFL Draft. I'll be looking forward to some interesting discussions about some players that we all think the Bears could use.

I've been a member for around 4 1/2 years at BearsTalk I'm 48 years old and currently reside in Villa Park Ill.My earliest memories of Bears football date back to 1966 Gayle Sayers and Dick Butkus' second year in the league.So I've seen a lot of bad football from this team but this year seems to be almost as disappointing as the 86/87 season.