Week 3 Official Loss Thread - CHI @ KC, 9/24, 3:25PM CDT, Bears -50, O/U 72

adam

2 hours ago, 50england50 said:

I think there are still a lot of unanswered questions with Fields before we can move on to drafting another QB. I don’t know if the oline is currently good enough for any QB to thrive and are Flus and Getsy up to the job. Poles definitely has some hard decisions to make.

The oline is not the problem. The qb is 110 percent the problem. He sucks. He is awful. His only chance is running a non nfl offense that is not like any ran in the league beyond say Baltimore. 

Fields would suck anywhere. He is a bad quarterback. The dline and defense sucks too.  The coaches probably stink as well - but Justin Fields is straight up bad. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

When he threw he was much more decisive although there were a few times he hesitated in the pocket. It surely didn’t help that Moore dropped a great pass earlier in the game (then miraculously caught one one-handed in slop time) and another tipped pass resulting in an INT were not on Justin.  His receivers need to catch.  I think Getsy isn’t the solution and if Flus has any chance to save face he’s gonna hafta cut bait.  

Watching the tape agree he looked a bit better. But he still holds onto the ball too long and doesn't see the field. On one play they had 8 in the box and the announcer said perfect time for a play fake, instead he stuck to the script and handed off for no gain. And Getsy is not getting it done. As a matter of fact, I don't think any coach on our squad is getting it done. We are a bad team and we'll see how pathetic we are next week against the Broncos.  

5 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

Watching the tape agree he looked a bit better. But he still holds onto the ball too long and doesn't see the field. On one play they had 8 in the box and the announcer said perfect time for a play fake, instead he stuck to the script and handed off for no gain. And Getsy is not getting it done. As a matter of fact, I don't think any coach on our squad is getting it done. We are a bad team and we'll see how pathetic we are next week against the Broncos.  

I just can’t make excuses anymore. Bottom line he doesn’t throw guys open and you can’t win in the nfl with a qb that limited - especially not running a system like they are running.  

23 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I just can’t make excuses anymore. Bottom line he doesn’t throw guys open and you can’t win in the nfl with a qb that limited - especially not running a system like they are running.  

I'm with you.  Best case scenario is to trade Fields to someone arrogant enough to think they can fix him.  Sean Payton and Denver is an excellent choice.  I'm convinced the issue is Flus, because we suck on offense and defense.  Commentators and the old eye test says that QB's can bake a cake waiting for one of our front seven to get home.  Fields stating that he feels over-coached starts at the top.  Our D is not playing fast and instinctive equally to the offense.  Since it is both sides, it has to be the top.  I wasn't joking about bringing in Lovie in to help the defense.  This staff has ruined Justin.  My days of seeing cerebral coaches come in and change the world is over.  I like guys that have lived and live for football.  Let the players be individuals and live by their own merits.  Most football players are complete type A dicks that don't need a HITS principle to be great at what they do.  Sharks respect sharks and Flus ain't no shark.  I remember when we hired Flus and the boys on ESPN1000 had Dan Dakich on the show because of remarks he had made on the Flus hiring.  Dan was not shy about letting Carmen and Jurko know what a huge mistake the franchise made.  It's clear the players have already tuned this bullshit out.  The Bears traditionally don't fire coaches in season, but hopefully Poles is a new breed that has autonomy to do what's right.  Damn this crap sucks.  Rant over...

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

The oline is not the problem. The qb is 110 percent the problem. He sucks. He is awful. His only chance is running a non nfl offense that is not like any ran in the league beyond say Baltimore. 

Fields would suck anywhere. He is a bad quarterback. The dline and defense sucks too.  The coaches probably stink as well - but Justin Fields is straight up bad. 

100%. The experiment is over. Fields sucks. And the D line has zero pass rush, although we saw that one coming.

Eberflus is probably a competent coach - meaning he is able to organize all the meetings, coaches and practices. he's a pro. There must be thousands like him out there.

A much smaller number of coaches actually improve your teams chances of winning. They give you an edge. Eberflus and Getsy will never be one of those. There is literally no downside to firing them and trying someone else. Then in the offseason you can go for that Jim Harbaugh (the Bears would never have the balls to get him) or similar disciplinarian.

The next coach shouldnt be a friendly positive guy. He needs to be a hard-ass like Ditka was. This team has no culture. And that means no accountability.

Flus was calm and philosophical at the press conference. He's the wrong guy. I dont want to hear that he presents one face to the press and another to his team. After that performance there should be some emotion. And if not outright anger then that quiet cold killer's stare that Belichick has. This positive crap is for children and losers.

27 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Sharks respect sharks and Flus ain't no shark.  I remember when we hired Flus and the boys on ESPN1000 had Dan Dakich on the show because of remarks he had made on the Flus hiring.  Dan was not shy about letting Carmen and Jurko know what a huge mistake the franchise made.  It's clear the players have already tuned this bullshit out.

Amen.

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

So I lost the feed to the game for a little bit but did Fields get hit at some point?  Enough where he had to go through concussion protocol?  https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1706079605495300558?s=46&t=KrpJmhSTc4DI1sACtjisOQ

He got punched in the face on a tackle near the end zone on 3rd down. He was a little shaken up, should've been a penalty. Moore noticed he was groggy, and grabbed him and directed him off the field. 

18 minutes ago, adam said:

He got punched in the face on a tackle near the end zone on 3rd down. He was a little shaken up, should've been a penalty. Moore noticed he was groggy, and grabbed him and directed him off the field. 

He also should have never taken the hit - cause Kmet was wide open for a touchdown on the play.  

The tape is brutal. Fields needs to be benched. He is beyond repair, at least on this team.

He either doesn't see the wide open players (bad vision, not looking that way, etc), or he sees them but can't process the visual information fast enough to trigger his body to physically throw the ball. Don't get me wrong here, but he may have a neurological impairment that prevents that sort of processing. If that is the case, I really feel sorry for him.

If you need to understand what's wrong with Fields, and that it isnt just the coaching (which is also terrible), just look at the first play of this tape.

He's looking right at Moore. Moore is open. Fields is protected. There is a passing window. But the ball doesnt come out.

Why? Who the hell knows, but Fields is done.