Week 5 Official TNF Palate Cleanser Loss Thread - CHI @ WAS, THU, OCT 5, 715PM CDT, Amazon, +6.5, 44.5 O/U

adam

well well well - how nice to see.

Fields had good protection, and was getting the ball out in rhythm. The whole team had urgency, you could see in the first half Eberflus had the eyes of a killer. Hopefully they learned something by having their backs against the wall.

One thing i did notice is that with Jenkins in there, the team is 100% different. ANd then when Whitehair went to center that was even better.

I did also see they rested Jenkins in the third quarter. I suppose they had enough of a lead to do that, but suddenly we were slowed down again. But with Jenkins in there, the OL looks MUCH better, especially against a good defensive front.

It doesn't need to be said but DJ Moore is a stud. I cant say enough good things about him, but I've felt that way about him all along. What a winner. In two games, he's halfway to 1,000 yards. Impressive.

Im worried about our RB situation, but one assumes D'Onta Foreman will be active next week.

Even the defensive line got in on the energy. And you can see that Dexter looks like he's lost some weight, and isn't slow off the snap anymore.

I'm not ready to say the team has turned around or that Eberflus should be kept. But this is a step in the right direction, and I'm not going to diminish that tonight.

When the OL is healthy and plays this well, that's a point for Poles for sure.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God the streak is over. A win and they didn't allow 25 pts. 

Fields currently leads the NFL in passing TDs (11) and total TDs (12). He is on pace for 3,954 passing yards and 37 TDs. 

Moore on pace for 1,805 yds and 17 TDs. Moore now 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards lol. 

I want to see that replay of Moore on the sideline, I don't think he stepped out. 

3 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I give a game ball to the Oline.  They held their own against one of the best Dlines in the NFL.  DJ Moore was the biggest beneficiary of that time in the pocket.  

How about the backup secondary too? Interception and a forced fumble. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields leads the NFL in passing TDs and total TDs. He is on pace for 3,954 passing yards and 37 TDs. 

Moore on pace for 1,805 yds and 17 TDs. 

If they keep this up, Caleb can stay at USC.  When Fields has the fire, he makes the team exciting. Wright, Davis, and Jenkins make the line nasty.  I would love to see the Bears build on that. 

25 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I give a game ball to the Oline.  They held their own against one of the best Dlines in the NFL.  DJ Moore was the biggest beneficiary of that time in the pocket.  

That's how I see it too. Jenkins and LG and Whitehair at C made a HUGE difference. And give any QB that kind of time and they will do well. Not to take anything away from JF tonight. He played very well. Got the ball out fast too.

31 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If they keep this up, Caleb can stay at USC.  When Fields has the fire, he makes the team exciting. Wright, Davis, and Jenkins make the line nasty.  I would love to see the Bears build on that. 

Word! 

I was curious how the team would respond tonight.  Generally speaking the Bears don’t do well on prime time and when traveling.  I was thinking if they came out slow that Flus had lost them but I don’t think thats the case. They looked motivated, prepared and ready to win.  Good job Bears on all fronts . 

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

2 games 8-361-5    DJ Moore . I listen to some national people say he wasnt top 25 WRs today. HaHaHa 

man as much as i have questions on JF, I have NONE of DJ Moore - I saw enough of his film from Carolina to know who he is - he's a total stud. Always has been.

37 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields currently leads the NFL in passing TDs (11) and total TDs (12). He is on pace for 3,954 passing yards and 37 TDs. 

Moore on pace for 1,805 yds and 17 TDs. Moore now 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards lol. 

I want to see that replay of Moore on the sideline, I don't think he stepped out. 

Watched that play a couple times and I didn’t see him step out of bounds I think he got robbed there. And I think that’s why he reacted like he knew he got robbed. 

That said, when we were up big at halftime I was thinking the same thing all Bears fans were. Were we going to come out flat in the second half and blow another 20+ point lead and lose.   I spent the third quarter and up the DJ Moore TD in the 4th thinking “here we go again.”  The offense got stagnant, the D forgot how to tackle. I have to give this team major credit.  Injuries piling up there was no quit. To play with rookies and third stringers on D and our fullback as our only RB for most of the 4th.  The 14 game streak, the eerily similar feel of the game last week.  They could have folded but kept fighting.  As discouraging as last week was this was an encouraging performance on the road on short rest.  Enjoy the W guys you earned it. Then get back to work.  This mini bye is much needed to get some guys healthy.  

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

I agree. Not the same Mooney we are accustomed to seeing. The only way we sign him is as a WR3. He will probably walk, which is fine. I'm sure Poles won't overpay.

I thought he looked great yesterday and there were a few throws that fields just missed an open Mooney and Mooney had a td ball he probably wishes he had back. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

There is no way he stepped out. Why was there no replay shown by Amazon. But that was fun. Still not a complete game and I want to see more wideouts involved but Fields looks like he has so much more confidence and tempo. And he has Moore who can get open and Fields still missed on a few open throws - a couple to Darnell and one td to Moore. Crazy fun. 

They should be healthier coming out of bye week - with Eddie Jackson and Gordon set to come back and Jenkins should be healthier. I think Jaylon Johnson is back too and hopefully Roschon and Herbert are ok and ready to go next week. 

20 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

He needs to work on his shotgun hikes.  Justin saved at least two potential TOs.  But blocking wise he’s better than Patrick…by a little 

Oh yeah! Great point. The high snaps were awful! I was just thinking about his blocking, and especially how he gets to the second level on his blocks. I think he's a good deal better than Patrick at that. But you're right about those shotgun snaps!

As much has the OL has been a challenge,  Poles vision of his starting 5 when Jones comes back may be a winner. A good OL helps Fields be his best self. I think another key is we have run for more than 170 yards in 2 games. That could be a sustained combination that could produce some more wins.

I absolutely want Fields to succeed but what would he be worth in a trade if he has a top 5 season and Poles gets the chance to draft Caleb Williams? It gives the cap space a break for 4 more years. 

Scenario 2 , we Draft Marvin Harrison. What would Harrison and DJ look like together with Mooney ,Kmet and  Tyler Scott to throw to? Our pick grabs us a  Brock Bower and  we now have the best offense in the league?

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

As much has the OL has been a challenge,  Poles vision of his starting 5 when Jones comes back may be a winner. A good OL helps Fields be his best self. I think another key is we have run for more than 170 yards in 2 games. That could be a sustained combination that could produce some more wins.

I absolutely want Fields to succeed but what would he be worth in a trade if he has a top 5 season and Poles gets the chance to draft Caleb Williams? It gives the cap space a break for 4 more years. 

Scenario 2 , we Draft Marvin Harrison. What would Harrison and DJ look like together with Mooney ,Kmet and  Tyler Scott to throw to? Our pick grabs us a  Brock Bower and  we now have the best offense in the league?

Running game could take a big hit due to injuries, though we have 10 days before the next game. Herbert's injury looked nasty, but he came back. Johnsons concussion could be over by the next game, I hope.

Conundrum: If Fields does continue to progress, do we win more games, taking us out of the early draft spots? Still, we always have the Panthers to get us that golden ticket. I'd have to see Fields bring us back in several games to buy into him as our ultimate QB. I hope he does, but not convinced yet. He's gonna have several opportunities to prove it the rest of the season. Oh, and what happened to Getsy? Did we have any quick LOS throws that end up losing yards? Play calling was a great improvement.

16 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

He needs to work on his shotgun hikes.  Justin saved at least two potential TOs.  But blocking wise he’s better than Patrick…by a little 

How many QBs in the league recover those high snaps? Having an athletic QB has its advantages. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic