Bears redo 2024

Stinger226

I seen this and some is okay some I wont do. 

What do you think? I give the guy  credit its an Adam like effort to do this.

That's right Bears fans, Fatstradomous 👳🏿‍♂️ is ready to kick some information on you thats guaranteed to be heavy...Its time once again to look into my crystal 🔮 Let's 👀 what we got...
FFW to January 8, 2024 JF1 plays well enuff to knock the Bears out of the Quarterback draft slots in the 1st Round. Bears finish with a 7-10 record which gives them the 7th overall pick. Carolina finishes with enuff wins to give the Bears their #4 overall pick.
Still, (2) picks in the Top 10 of the 2024 NFL but not high enough to select Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.
Poles can't trade up because Minnesota & Denver both need Franchise QBs and are not willing to move down. Now Poles is stuck with Fields. If he can't get one of the Top (2) QBs in the draft, he does the next best thing and FINALLY surrounds Fields with the help he needs.
Kevin Warren is NOT happy. He sits down & has a meeting with Poles and let's him know that he has to fire his buddy Everlose & friends. Warren tells him, "No Playoffs, not winning enough games, the fan base is restless, they're bad for business & its effecting our leverage with stadium negotiations its impacting our bottom line, either THEY go or you ALL go!!!"
Poles gets the message and gives Everlose and his pal Getsy the boot and changes the access codes on the door on they way out. Then he immediately starts his search for the Bears next Headcoach. His first choice is Lions OC Ben Johnson but, Dan Campbell promotes him to Assistant Headcoach so they won't lose him to their Conference rivals. So he's off the list.😔 His next option is Eric Bienemy. Like his 16 others, the interview with Eric doesn't go so well but he's an option just in case. Poles has a talk with George Mccaskey and gets his blessing to call Jim Harbaugh Coach of the University of Michigan. George tells Poles about the story of his Grandfather writing the letter to Ditka asking him to consider coming back to the organization to be the Bears Headcoach. Well Poles is encouraged and inspired so he makes the call to Jim.
Poles knows he needs an Offensive minded HC who had success in the league who brings credibility to the table that the players will respect & believe in. Not coaches learning for the first time on the job.🙄 Someone who has developed an offense and had success with QBs in the league that can get the most out of Justin Fields. Since Ben is off the table, the only 2 candidates left are either, Jim & Eric with Jim as Option 1.
Jim comes in at 60 years old with a winning resume, winning formula, a former Bear (just like Coach Ditka), he's gone to the Superbowl & finished Top 5 in the National standings multiple years at Michigan, a former starting QB in the NFL, schemed and developed offenses, loves to run the ball, actually knows how to call plays to throw to the TEs, & likes his teams to play tough defense. PLUS + he took an athletic mobile QB in Colin Kapernick used his skills and abilities to get them all the way to a Superbowl so he knows how to use a running QB like Justin Fields. He ✅️ all the boxes 📦 👍🏿
Jim has the complete historical identity which embodies Chicago Bears football, Bear fans will Love this hire....
Before he agrees to take the job, Jim requests 2 things from Poles...total autonomy of the 53 man roster/staff + Jim wants to be invited to the meetings and have a say in helping pick the players on Draft day. Poles is not opposed to those request and he's not insecure because he already has Ian Cunningham assisting him as well so he agrees to Jims request. The 2 men shake hands and Jim becomes the new Headcoach of our Chicago Bears. Call the media foe the Press Conference
Jim quickly gets to work. He comes in and is NO Non-sense. He hires his staff which includes bringing Vic Fangio back to Chicago. He's able to steal him away from Miami & that 3 year deal he recently signed by hiring him as his Assistant Headcoach. But he'll wear duel hats and be the DC as well. The 2 are very close friends and worked in San Francisco together. He works with Poles to clean house of the lazy 🗑 players who can't win one-on-one's currently on the roster.
Players like:
Lucas Patrick- GONE
Cody Whitehair old ass - GONE
Justin Jones - Outta there
Chase Claypool- See yah
You get the picture 📷 🤷🏿‍♂️
Poles has $98M in Salary Cap space #2 in the NFL so he & Jim collaborate to start looking for available UFAs that Jim wants to run his offense & defense
#1 on the list:
* DE Chase Young (Washington)
- Young will be the only top UFA DE that will be available. The rest will either be Franchise Tagged or Re-signed but since the Commanders have 2 (Montez Sweat) they gotta choose 1 or the other and Young has been injured the past couple of years plus his sack stats are not near Sweats. But since he's 21 yrs old Bears will pay him $15Ms/yr on potential alone plus Harbaugh believes in him since he had to face him every year at Michigan. He can anchor the Defensive Line.
* The Next UFA that Jim Harbaugh wants is LG Ezra Cleveland from the Minnesota Vikings. He watches the tape and sees the problem with Justin is that he doesn't have a clean pocket on every snap. He replaces an aging Cody Whitehair with a young 25 year old Veteran stud in Cleveland who's been keeping Kurt Cousins clean the past couple of years. Poles gives him $12Ms/yr.
* They keep building the trenches with the signing of DT Javon Kinlaw from the 49ers to add veteran presence & depth on that line to rotate with the young guys Dexter & Pickens. They pay Kinlaw $9M/yr
* Poles turns his attention back to the offense and re-signs Darnell Mooney to a team friendly deal for $12Ms/yr. Mooney had (1) 1000 year season BUT he's been injured as well so he agrees to a descent deal. Chase Claypool on the other hand is greedy and delusional, he wants way more money but his stats and play won't justify it so Poles let's him walk.
* CB Jaylon Johnson receives the Franchise Tag and the $19M contract for the year.
Re-Cap 2024 UFA:
* DE Chase Young (Commanders)$15Ms
* LG Ezra Cleveland (Vikings) $12Ms
* DT Javon Kinlaw (49ers) $9Ms
* WR Darnell Mooney (BEARS) $12Ms
* CB Jaylon Johnson (BEARS) $19Ms - FRANCHISE TAG
GRAND TOTAL $67Ms on top UFAs
Now on to the Draft...Bears will have #4 & #7 overall
2024 NFL DRAFT will go as such:
1. QB Caleb Williams- Broncos
2. QB Drake Maye - Vikings
3. WR Marvin Harrison Jr - Raiders
4. LT Olu Fashanu - BEARS
5. DE Jared Verse - LA Chargers
6. LT Joe Alt - Titans
7. DE Dallas Turner- BEARS
BEARS 2024 DRAFT: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
R1a - LT Olu Fashanu (PSU)
R1b - EDGE Dallas Turner (BAMA)
R2 - WR Rome Odunze (Washington)
R3 - C Sedrick Van Pran (Georgia)
R4a - DT T'Vondre Sweat (Texas)
R4b - FS Rod Moore (Michigan)
R5 - QB JJ McCarthy (Michigan)
2024 Offensive Starters:
QB1 - JF1 (HIM)
QB2 - McCarthy R5 ⭐️
RB1 - Roshon Johnson
RB2 - Khalil Herbert
FB - Khari Blasingame
TE - Cole Kmet
LT - Olu Fashanu R1a⭐️
LG - Ezra Cleveland UFA (Vikings) 💰
C - Sedrick Van Pran R3 ⭐️
RG - Tevan Jenkins
RT - Darnell Wright
WR1 - DJ Moore
WR2 - Rome Odunze R2 ⭐️
WR3 Slot - Darnell Mooney 💰
WR4 - Tyler Scott
WR5 - Velus Jones
WR6 - UFA (1-yr deal) 🪙
2024 Defensive Starters:
LE - Chase Young UFA (Washington)💰
DT - Zaach Pickens
DT - Gervon Dexter
EDGE - Dallas Turner R1b ⭐️
WLB - TJ Edwards
MLB - Tremaine Edmunds
SLB - Noah Sewell
LCB - Jaylon Johnson 💰
SS - Jaquan Brisker
FS - Eddie Jackson
RCB - Tyrique Stevenson
NCB - Kyler Gordon
2024 Bears Take the North become Division Champs, go to the Playoffs but lose in the 2nd Round to Jims Ex team San Francisco.
2025 Super Bears Superbowl CHAMPS 🏆
May 2026 - Virginia, George, Kevin, Ryan, Jim, & Justin all wearing hard hats at the press conference in Arlington Heights with shovels in dirt at the ground breaking ceremony foe the new Bears Village megaplex and stadium.
* THE END *

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several flaws out of the blocks:

Bringing back V Jones. ????

Doesn't mention Braxton Jones or Trev Jenkins.  Jones may not be the LT next year but swing T ? Jenkins definitely an injury risk but the rest of the year will tell that story.

Don't see Poles turning over control to Harbaugh, why would he? 

Suggesting 7 wins at this stage of the year is quite a stretch. If we lose tonight and win 7 games, are you going to fire everyone after going 7-5 ? Probably not.

Oi

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I stopped reading after he had Poles chasing Lions OC for HC.    This time last year there wasn't a person on the planet that wanted anything to do with anyone in Detroit.  

And look at Detroit now. They are a solid organization after years of disfunction. Hell yeah I'd take a stab at the Lions' OC. Once upon a time the Steelers were the bottom feeder of the league and then the organization turned around in the 70s. We are now the bottom feeder and imDo Poles is doing a good job of building for future success. Flus and staff have to go, Not sold on Field's ability to read D's yet so he may need to go too. But yes, I' look at the Lion's OC for sure. 

I would be shocked if the Bears and Panthers both played their way out of the top 3, but if they did, a lot went right. If that much goes right, do the Bears keep their current coaching staff?

The Bears have $111M in cap space for 2024 and if they release Whitehair, that will free up even more. I would assume they go for a free agent Center if they don't like Whitehair there.

Nate Davis is completely omitted from that projection, and based on his dead money, he and Jenkins are the Guards for 2024.

I think the Bears bring in a top Center, top Edge, and top DT in FA. Depending on what they do with Jackson, they may also get a new FS, Jackson has a $18M cap hit.

Guys that won't be back on offense: Patrick, Whitehair, Tonyan, and Homer. Guys that won't be back on defense: Green, Ngakoue, Robinson, and Jones. I am on the fence on Jackson, but the cap hit makes me think they will part ways with him at 30. He has never been the same guy from 2018. I really think that injury changed him and he just never recovered. 

Edge and 3T are such huge needs, you can't wait until the draft, and with Dexter and Pickens already drafted, they will probably lean Edge for the draft. 

If they trust Braxton Jones at LT, then Center is the only need spot on the O-Line. As critical of a position as it is, I think they have to address it in FA. They can still double down on G/C in the draft.

If Fields is the guy, he will be in for a massive pay day, so the team they have in 2024 won't look like the team in 2025 because you will have to cut even more fat to squeeze in $40-50M per year for Fields. I don't know if Poles can do that, and if he can't win with Fields on his rookie deal, he is definitely not building a winning roster with Fields making $40M a year. That's why I think no matter how well Fields plays, he will be traded.

I think everything you said is realistic. The 2024 OC FA room is pretty thin, Tyler Biadez from Dallas? I think an outlier would be FA OG from NO Cesar Ruiz has played some OC and has a tough attitude. I think better than to go thru the  growing pains of a rookie. 

Also depending on the growth of Fields, if they have to go QB early that means it didnt go well foe the rest of the year and one of the high picks is gone. That would leave the other pick to have to be an edge player. 

So that would mean Jones stays our LT and would probably bring back Mooney, no problem with either of those choices. Can we bring in another edge, 3T, FS with the FAs available and middle round draft picks? Would need a strong team to support a rookie QB.

3 hours ago, ChileBear said:

And look at Detroit now. They are a solid organization after years of disfunction. Hell yeah I'd take a stab at the Lions' OC. Once upon a time the Steelers were the bottom feeder of the league and then the organization turned around in the 70s. We are now the bottom feeder and imDo Poles is doing a good job of building for future success. Flus and staff have to go, Not sold on Field's ability to read D's yet so he may need to go too. But yes, I' look at the Lion's OC for sure. 

Not sure of other candidates but definitely have to consider him. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think everything you said is realistic. The 2024 OC FA room is pretty thin, Tyler Biadez from Dallas? I think an outlier would be FA OG from NO Cesar Ruiz has played some OC and has a tough attitude. I think better than to go thru the  growing pains of a rookie. 

Also depending on the growth of Fields, if they have to go QB early that means it didnt go well foe the rest of the year and one of the high picks is gone. That would leave the other pick to have to be an edge player. 

So that would mean Jones stays our LT and would probably bring back Mooney, no problem with either of those choices. Can we bring in another edge, 3T, FS with the FAs available and middle round draft picks? Would need a strong team to support a rookie QB.

I like Ruiz, another option is the trade market. 

The draft is going to be super interesting. I think no matter what happens with Fields, if the Bears get the #1 pick, it has to be Williams. You can't chance another Mahomes situation. There is a chance that the Bears actually keep Fields and draft Williams. The longest wild card that no one is talking about lately is Bagent. Super long shot, but look at Purdy.

My best guess:

1. If #1 pick

Option A - Draft Williams, trade Fields (most likely if #1 pick) 
Option B - Trade pick for splendor, keep Fields (this would be the Mahomes scenario)

They are either drafting Williams or trading the pick. I don't see a scenario where they would keep the #1 and not draft a QB.

2. If not the #1 pick

Option A - Draft BPA (WR, OT, DL), keep Fields (most likely if they are not in the top 3). 
Option B - Trade top pick for splendor, keep Fields (this would be kicking the can down the road to 2025, if you add an extra 2025 1st).
Option C - Trade both 1st rounders and Fields to move up for Williams

I don't really see any other scenario unless the Bears get the #2 pick and consider a QB other than Williams. However, for QBs, Williams is the only one I would replace Fields with, otherwise I would give him WR and a new DLineman. 

3. The Nuclear Poles Smartest Guy in the Room Draft (if not in the top 3)

Option N - If he misses on Williams and Harrison, he trades the first of the two 1st's for an extra 2025 1st (would then have 2x 1st's and 2x 2nd's in 2025), then drafts BPA for first pick (Edge, DL, OL), but for the later 1st round pick, he takes a developmental QB, Sanders, Penix, etc.

If you believe that Williams is a generational talent at QB, then you have to do everything you can to get him, no matter any other considerations.

QB is the most important position in football by far, and there is nothing that offsets that. If Payton Manning / Patrick Mahomes etc is sitting there in the draft, no combination of defensive linemen, wide receivers, offensive linemen and future picks is worth passing them for.

The point of all of this is to win, and there is nothing more important than a true franchise QB in achieving that.

Even if Fields was playing well, if you think Williams is that guy, you grab him. Just like you don't pass on Walter Payton because you still have Matt Forte under contract for two more years.

Now, if you don't think Williams is that guy, or you have questions about how he will translate to the NFL, that's an entirely different question. But if you think he is that guy, there is no other decision to make than to draft him if at all possible. EVEN IF it takes both of your first round picks and Fields in trade.

4 hours ago, adam said:

If Fields is the guy, he will be in for a massive pay day, so the team they have in 2024 won't look like the team in 2025 because you will have to cut even more fat to squeeze in $40-50M per year for Fields. I don't know if Poles can do that, and if he can't win with Fields on his rookie deal, he is definitely not building a winning roster with Fields making $40M a year. That's why I think no matter how well Fields plays, he will be traded.

Agree. Unless Fields turns into a Mahomes or Lamar J clone it would be counter-productive to building a long-term winner here. And that's what Poles is about, right? 

41 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

Agree. Unless Fields turns into a Mahomes or Lamar J clone it would be counter-productive to building a long-term winner here. And that's what Poles is about, right? 

and Poles didn't draft Fields. The only way to reset this with the proper timeline, same President, GM, HC, OC, and QB is to draft Williams, get a new OC and HC with Poles and Warren. That would be the first time all of those have been aligned since the Angelo/Lovie/Grossman era.

23 minutes ago, adam said:

and Poles didn't draft Fields. The only way to reset this with the proper timeline, same President, GM, HC, OC, and QB is to draft Williams, get a new OC and HC with Poles and Warren. That would be the first time all of those have been aligned since the Angelo/Lovie/Grossman era.

yes

The most idea situation would be for Fields to play well, to have a good  record 6-7 going forward. If Carolina gets one, take Williams, get a couple 1st rounds picks for Justin. Still have a top 12 pick. Load up with players and have Williams on a rookie contract.  

47 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The most idea situation would be for Fields to play well, to have a good  record 6-7 going forward. If Carolina gets one, take Williams, get a couple 1st rounds picks for Justin. Still have a top 12 pick. Load up with players and have Williams on a rookie contract.  

I think Justin would get a single 3rd rounder. If we could get even a single first rounder for Fields (after the season) I'd take that immediately.

Well he didn't SAY it officially, it's a rumor that's been floating around. Maybe it's even true right now, but give it time. With a new staff to entice him, his agent will explain to him what would happen if he won a super bowl in Chicago.

But boy would I hate him if that played out.

As far as a plan B, it's too early for me to have any answers, but there are always alternate plans. In any case, I don't think the answer would be Fields for us.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Well he didn't SAY it officially, it's a rumor that's been floating around. Maybe it's even true right now, but give it time. With a new staff to entice him, his agent will explain to him what would happen if he won a super bowl in Chicago.

But boy would I hate him if that played out.

As far as a plan B, it's too early for me to have any answers, but there are always alternate plans. In any case, I don't think the answer would be Fields for us.

Long way to go before next April. He's got a lot to think about between now and then, why would he mouth off about HIM selecting the team at this time? Only inflates his ego at this point.  

1 hour ago, ChileBear said:

Long way to go before next April. He's got a lot to think about between now and then, why would he mouth off about HIM selecting the team at this time? Only inflates his ego at this point.  

agree

I doubt that is real. 

If Williams has a chance to go #1 and goes back to school for NIL, he risks injury before cashing in on a lot more guaranteed money. 

He is going #1 to whoever has that pick. KC, BUF, MIA, and PHI are probably the only teams that wouldn't pick him if they had the #1 pick. Every other team would and should. 

12 hours ago, adam said:

I doubt that is real. 

If Williams has a chance to go #1 and goes back to school for NIL, he risks injury before cashing in on a lot more guaranteed money. 

He is going #1 to whoever has that pick. KC, BUF, MIA, and PHI are probably the only teams that wouldn't pick him if they had the #1 pick. Every other team would and should. 

A lot can change in the rest of the season but for sure he is the #1 prospect in the draft. Does his ( I will only play for these teams ) affect his draft status? Does the prospect of pairing Marvin Harrison with DJ change that narrative? The worst teams will need Williams the most and they will already be picking high. Does Poles do another trade #1 back a couple spots and still get Harrison, a couple more #1s and another #2 in two consecutive drafts?

Who's going to be bad?   Denver-Raiders-Minny-Arizona  Arizona has 2 firsts this year but to move back one or two spots still gets us Harrison.

How would a trade back with Minny, draft Harrison and make them throw in Hockenson?

How would Kmet-Hockenson-DJ-Harrison and Mooney in the slot look?