Week 6 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI, SUN 10/15, Noon, FOX, Bears +3, O/U 46.5

adam

Just now, adam said:

Unfortunately, we are done with the season a month earlier than last season. Fields will more than likely go on IR. There is no point bringing him back quickly if you are 1-5. There is even a remote chance they shut him down for the year to preserve his trade value. So he may have played his last snap as a Bear as crazy as that sounds. 

If he doesnt get more playing time to prove anything, I think youre right.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Bagent is the future or the best QB ever or anything, but I think we can now see CLEARLY how slow Fields is in making his reads.

After the mountain of BS the last two weeks, can we see how bad JF is at playing QB?

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I'm not saying Bagent is the future or the best QB ever or anything, but I think we can now see CLEARLY how slow Fields is in making his reads.

After the mountain of BS the last two weeks, can we see how bad JF is at playing QB?

Yeah, things have to be much cleaner and clearer for Fields to play well in the pass game.

Bagent may not be the guy, but he is a guy that looked much better in the pocket. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Yeah, things have to be much cleaner and clearer for Fields to play well in the pass game.

Bagent may not be the guy, but he is a guy that looked much better in the pocket. 

Yeah Im not really saying anything about the future of Bagent (yet!) but he sure exposes Fields so bad.

Just look at the spark our team has right now. They believe in Bagent more than Fields. Maybe they didnt even know that about themselves, but it's right there on the field.

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah Im not really saying anything about the future of Bagent (yet!) but he sure exposes Fields so bad.

Too small of a sample size right now, but if he leads another TD drive and the Bears take the lead? 

Just now, adam said:

Too small of a sample size right now, but if he leads another TD drive and the Bears take the lead? 

LOL It's a great start, I dunno what it means for Bagent, but it sure indicts JF as a real problem.

3 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Why not enjoy pulling within a score instead of bashing Fields. We have lots of holes that need addressing instead of using a no. 1 pick on another lottery pick. 

Its not an emotional thing - its on tape. You change that one variable, and everything looks markedly different, how could we NOT notice?

I want the Bears to be good. Im a Bears fan more than I am a fan of any player or coach on the team - especially when they are holding us back.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

So players are either,  MVP or cut him? Fields didnt have any time and bad play calling, so he is crap? 2 weeks of Fields  playing  well was just bullshit? Hopefully Poles visits here so he knows he  needs to cut him before he plays well again.

Damn he had Moore, arm got hit. Moore came all the way back to force a fumble but not enough offensive players in pursuit to grab the fumble. 

This is still a badly coached, weak rostered team. Poles built this and we are now a year and a half into this and the team is arguably worse than it was when he took over. 

Outcoached every game. 

Now knowing they will run the ball, you now can't stop them. 

Just now, Stinger226 said:

So players are either,  MVP or cut him? Fields didnt have any time and bad play calling, so he is crap? 2 weeks of Fields  playing  well was just bullshit? Hopefully Poles visits here so he knows he  needs to cut him before he plays well again.

dude its two+ years of bad play from Fields. Hes been taking forever to throw his entire NFL career. The idea was maybe he would learn and grow so his other extra skills could make him dangerous.

Here you saw an experiment. same defense same day, and the difference was obvious. Bagent was an undrafted rookie in his first start with no preparation before coming off the bench.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

ah! arm got hit as he threw - damn. That was gonna be a TD too. The reason the defender was able to get back to the ball was that he was beaten by the receiver.

Bagent comes in and fumbles the ball and then throws a terrible interception, we need to cut him. 

Improvement is not linear, but it also shouldn't be so volatile. There are very few average games for Fields. He is either really good or really bad. 

The defense held the Vikings to 13 pts. If Bagent's fumble doesn't get returned for 6, the Bears were in FG range to take the lead before that duck INT.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Damn he had Moore, arm got hit. Moore came all the way back to force a fumble but not enough offensive players in pursuit to grab the fumble. 

This is still a badly coached, weak rostered team. Poles built this and we are now a year and a half into this and the team is arguably worse than it was when he took over. 

Outcoached every game. 

Now knowing they will run the ball, you now can't stop them. 

I think Poles is doing OK. We started with nothing, and I think the 2024 roster will be tight.

The rest? You know I agree 100%.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic