Justin Fields injury

ASHKUM BEAR

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Hopefully a couple weeks to clear his mind helps and then he can get after it. 

What’s also good to know is that the day of the injury he allegedly reset the dislocation (OUCH!!!) and wanted to get back into the game.  Sometimes players hold back when they’re injured so as to avoid getting hurt again.  Take Rex ‘glassman’ Grossman for example.  The oft injured QB who was known to flinch and sometimes have his eyes closed a lot of times as he was passing the ball.  

Fields doesn’t have the issue of injuries haunting him and manages to knuckle down in these type situations.  

Fields is a stud. By all accounts he is the first one in and the last one out. He is disciplined, and trying his hardest. Everyone likes him.

He has amazing physical tools. The throws a great ball. He's a tough kid. He wants to play through the injury. You really want to love him.

But he's just too slow processing and has some extra movements in his release, both of which cause the ball to be late. His footwork still isnt set or natural, and he fails to identify defenses, blitzes and adjust protections and routes. If he could overcome those things, he could be a top 5 QB easy. BUt it's basically the core job of being a QB that he's missing.

And for whatever reason, it doesn't get any better. The team around him has improved, and when they arent injured, the team itself looks like it is on the cusp of taking a step. But Fields is still slow. He still doesnt see the open guys in rhythm. When he does see them, he gets the ball there late.

I love his moxie. I want him to come back and get better as fast as he can. id love to see him show me he understands the tempo, but I still havent seen it.

Even in the Denver and Washington games, people were open, he got protection and he completed some passes etc, But it wasnt crisp.

Compare it to Bagent's tempo. Now Bagent has his own issues, but in terms of making decisions and throwing with anticipation, In that sense, Bagent is a great example of what Fields needs to do. If he can do that, he can get his extension. But so far, I havent seen any real flashes of it. ANd certainly nothing sustained.

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

He has amazing physical tools. The throws a great ball. He's a tough kid. He wants to play through the injury. You really want to love him.

This.  And it's going to be hard to get rid of him.  His ghost will linger in the locker room until Bill Murray gets un-slimed.  IE: Bagent 😜