Trade scat or talk

Alaskan Grizzly

or he will find out no one else will trade for him at the number he wants, and agree to our lesser deal

when you dont offer a guy a top 5 $ deal, and they think theyre worth it, sometimes you tell them to go find a trade (and of course a deal they like) and when they cant, sometimes they come back, and sometimes they go to detroit and run well LOL

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

or he will find out no one else will trade for him at the number he wants, and agree to our lesser deal

This 👆🏼

And he may get traded and not get the deal he wants.  I personally don't want to see him go.  He is a young solid corner.  They aren't easy to find.  We can't continue to throw rookies to the wolves without a good mix of solid veterans to show them the way.  

What we don't know, is what the staff knows about Johnson.  If he's good in the locker room or is he not.  We know he can play in different defenses, but don't know if he's under or over achieved in them.  

He is on the SCORE once a week and is a down the earth guy. I heard they offered him 13+ and he asked for 20+. They have to bring in a edge rusher this off season that they will have to pay 25. So by comparison , you pay a 5 sack a year buy 20+? He came here in 2020 when we had a pass rush and it didnt effect his TO total. Just not enough wow plays. 15 a year is fair, 20+ DOESNT WORK.

18 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Bill Cosby was great in public too.  Some of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever worked with did their best BS in weekly meetings.  What he does on the score is meaningless.

You can judge someone by the way they talk. Never once showed an ego, I grant anything he says in public means nothing  but that  you can get a certain impression from talking. You ever see Antonio Brown interviewed?

If he is asking for 20+, then goodbye. I would say 17M is the max.

The issue is Poles keeps bleeding talent. Smith (1st Round) > late 2nd Rounder+5th;  early 2nd rounder > Claypool + 7th > 6th. So Poles turned Roquan #8 pick into a late 2nd rounder and a 5th, turned the #32 pick and a 7th into a 6th. Now Jaylon (#50 - 2nd rounder)? He needs to at least get a late 2nd or something like a 2024 3rd and 2025 4th. 

You have to pay someone.

It just seems like Poles is not loyal to picks that weren't his. Kmet is the only one done and Johnson is arguably the best of the group that needed an extension. 

Now if Poles can add Young or Sweat and a mid round pick for Johnson, then I would be ok with that because Edge is a massive hole on the team right now.

15 minutes ago, adam said:

The issue is Poles keeps bleeding talent. Smith (1st Round) > late 2nd Rounder+5th;  early 2nd rounder > Claypool + 7th > 6th. So Poles turned Roquan #8 pick into a late 2nd rounder and a 5th, turned the #32 pick and a 7th into a 6th. Now Jaylon (#50 - 2nd rounder)? He needs to at least get a late 2nd or something like a 2024 3rd and 2025 4th. 

You have to pay someone.

It just seems like Poles is not loyal to picks that weren't his. Kmet is the only one done and Johnson is arguably the best of the group that needed an extension. 

Now if Poles can add Young or Sweat and a mid round pick for Johnson, then I would be ok with that because Edge is a massive hole on the team right now.

He said when he got here, he wasnt going to overpay for FAs. So many teams have over paid for vets and got themselves in cap trouble and release that player 3 yrs later. Once you overpay and get bite, its a long road out of that. I heard he offered to match Montys contract last year, but Monty didnt feel wanted here. Last year we were in on M. McGlinchy and he made 17.5 per year and has been bad. How would that look if we gave him 18 mil? Not good.

8 hours ago, adam said:

Between his potential asking price and the Bears allegedly wanting a minimum 2nd round pick, it appears we are back to square one with Jaylon.  His options now I suppose are FA at the end of the year, franchise tag or get an extension.  

Let’s see if adding Sweat does anything for his takeaway stats.  Right now 3 total INTs in his career isn’t jaw-dropping.  Until the game against LV his career total of 1 INT equaled that of Kindle Vildor.  

IMG_5840.jpeg

33 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

He's asking for DIggs money. Diggs the all pro and two time pro bowler with 18 picks.  GTFOH

Yeah I’ve never been a huge fan of Johnson’s.  He’s a capable corner but not elite by any means. Still think he’s benefited from the opposing corner (and until recently safety coverage) not being so good and VERY inconsistent.  But he is an ok enough player that should be considered to keep so as to avoid having to start over.  What the price tag on that is?  Couldn’t say.  

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

I had to chuckle when, in an interview, JJ claimed to be the best CB in the NFL therefore deserved to be paid accordingly.

I agree with you killa... 13-15 per would be in line, anything more, not a chance in hell.

I'd have to study how much he does shut down other teams WRs.  I know we use INTs as a gage, but if he is one of the best at shut downs, he does need credit.  Not 20 but maybe that 16-17. Seems the Bears get a little scared to re sign their own, but Poles did say they were getting close and the JJ went awol not countering and demanding a trade.