Mongo3451

Here's my wish list for 2024.  

Ryan Poles GM

Ben Johnson HC

Vic Fangio DC asst HC

Joe Brady OC

Poles has done a great job of bringing in talent, despite the bungling of Flus.  I'm not sure if the failure of Getsy is a result of Flus being too conservative or Getsy just not getting it. Too bad you sad.   You had your shot.  I'm sure Poles has already passed judgement on Justin.  What he thinks,  I don't know. But, for some reason,  I trust him.  Regardless of anything,  Flus has to go.  There is no room in the NFL for conservative coaches.  Modern players just don't respond to it. 

1 hour ago, madlithuanian said:

Maybe we throw Dave Toub as a possibility?

Now this would be someone I'd like to see have a go at it.  I had to see where he was these days and turns out he's been with KC since he left us in 2013. And what's more he's been holding the title of Asst. HC there since 2018.  I'm a little leery of hiring another KC - Andy Reid tree guy but I know he's innovative and tends to lean aggressive.  He's been around Reid since 2001 (when they both with Philly) so I would think he's more in tune with Reid's style of coaching than Nagy or even Bienemy might be. 

41 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Now this would be someone I'd like to see have a go at it.  I had to see where he was these days and turns out he's been with KC since he left us in 2013. And what's more he's been holding the title of Asst. HC there since 2018.  I'm a little leery of hiring another KC - Andy Reid tree guy but I know he's innovative and tends to lean aggressive.  He's been around Reid since 2001 (when they both with Philly) so I would think he's more in tune with Reid's style of coaching than Nagy or even Bienemy might be. 

I hear ya.  But, the Asst. HC title and that he worked here before...  It's better than the last crops of dolts hired!

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Toub has interviewed for HC jobs before and never got one. I wonder why. 

It’s a fair question.  The article below does specifically address some of those points.  Some of the ‘cons’ listed are that he’s never held another position outside of ST.  Another was that he wasn’t exciting enough and teams  with the more exciting hire or next best thing. In one instance he lost out to Trestman.  

Some of the ‘pros’ listed are that he’s been in the NFL coaching for so long that he could surround himself with a very experienced staff from all walks of backgrounds.  Another is that as the ST coach he’s worked with just about every position in the NFL, not just the offense or defensive side .  Lastly the one that to me is the most intriguing. Although not many ST coaches end up as HCs, one in particular, John Harbaugh, has been since 2008.  That seems by itself a good comparison. And like MadLith says, he’s familiar with the Bears organization.  

https://ontapsportsnet.com/bears/dave-toub-future-head-coach-nfl-bears-chiefs-special-teams-coordinator