Week 12 Official Game Thread - CHI @ MIN, NOV 27th, 7:15PM, MNF (CHI -3.5 / O/U 45.5)

adam

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

JJ looks like he's ready to be a player. I think he's getting a taste of what it takes to play at a high level int he league, and he's pushing for it now - good to see. That could really help him get that deal.

Yeah for what it’s worth I think they should keep him only to avoid making another hole/need (similar to what someone else said).  However both Stevenson and to some level Smith are both making cases he could become expendable. 

ouch, running the QB as a matter of practice is gonna get him killed.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah for what it’s worth I think they should keep him only to avoid making another hole/need (similar to what someone else said).  However both Stevenson and to some level Smith are both making cases he could become expendable. 

I guess the way i see it is you have a generic cap allotment in mind for a team with a rookie QB deal and a team with a franchise QB deal - its the ideal amount of cap space you would spend on each position, and it includes a set of skills and productivity the big money players have to have.

It's almost for sure that theres a budget for a great CB in that generic allotment for Poles or anyone.

So you ask yourself whether you think a player is at the level you need to commit to them as that guy. And you always have options; sign the guy youve got, trade for someone, get a free agent, draft someone. So you look at how each player fits the role you envision spending your bank for. If the guy's got it, you sign him, if not, you dont no matter how much he is your best short term options or loyalty or anything.

So from that point of view, JJ is making his case, and that's great to see.

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Getsy needs to figure some better plays.  The Bears are not getting any push on inside runs. 

The Vikings are loading the front like Detroit did, challenging Fields to beat them with quick throws from the pocket. I suspect every team will do this to us for the rest of the year to some degree.

Oh JJ! You almost had number 2! Start to expect them on every snap dude, thats the path to greatness. Dont be surprised. Envision that you KNOW one is coming on every snap.

I really think we are going to be much better next year, this roster is better than our record.

5 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I get they have to get the ball out quick with that rush but have they ever heard of a slant play?

exactly! you throw a slant to the hole the blitzing LBer left - thats high school football stuff. It requires standing int he pocket and making a read. The Bubble screen is a readless throw, I am surprised Fields threw that ball into the DEs chest. But he wasnt reading, its a scripted throw.

The west coast blitz beating stuff youre talking about (and I agree) takes a QB and a WR (or TE to Grizz's point) to read it together.

Maybe Getsy it hiding a weakness? Or maybe he's just an idiot. Or could be both LOL

They can't let the defense dictate the plays, that is tail between the legs play calling by Getsy. Does he not have any blitz beating plays? Everything can't be horizontal, they can easily rally to the ball. I am so confused by Getsy. Why stop what was working? Kmet had 6 targets on the 2 FG drives, none since, and the last 3 drives were punts. Roschon needs more touches too.

Defense has played great again, but man, those penalties. Two on Gordon were weak. 

Santos misses a FG indoors?

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

exactly! you throw a slant to the hole the blitzing LBer left - thats high school football stuff. It requires standing int he pocket and making a read. The Bubble screen is a readless throw, I am surprised Fields threw that ball into the DEs chest. But he wasnt reading, its a scripted throw.

The west coast blitz beating stuff youre talking about (and I agree) takes a QB and a WR to read it together.

Maybe Getsy it hiding a weakness? Or maybe he's just an idiot. Or could be both LOL

We will find out after this season. Either Getsy is gone, Fields is gone, or both are gone. I doubt both will be back, unless the Bears win out.

This is two weeks in a row where the defense is giving the offense the ball and they are not scoring or only getting FGs.

Also, this is trending towards another game with a huge turnover margin and time of possession lead and a loss. Can they beat +3 and over 40 mins? Right now they are +2 and at 19:47.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

Right they do anything but ask Fields to stand in the pocket and make a read.

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

Fields can't throw a slant.  It's one of his fatal flaws.  Can't hit deep middle either.

This game is making that glaringly obvious. I can't believe he just blindly threw the ball into the chest of a huge DE. That is playing robotic.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Gary Crowton, John Shoop, Msrk Trestman, Matt Nagy, Luke Getsy - hey bubble screens all the time!

The screens aren’t fooling anyone so tired if this chicken $$;&;& play calling.  The more compressed the box gets the closer to the line of scrimmage Getsy calls.  Have we even attempted anything down the field?   Two weeks straight we dominate time of possession, offensive plays, and yet have next to nothing to show for it. 

Can we just drop Getsy off somewhere in Minny?   

Fields on pace for 270 passing yards and 42 rushing yards. That would be 312 combined yards, which is higher than the best QB in the league for combined yards. He needs TDs, and sack avoidance. I hope he can keep the INT-less streak going (currently at 45 attempts). 

3 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

The screens aren’t fooling anyone so tired if this chicken $$;&;& play calling.  The more compressed the box gets the closer to the line of scrimmage Getsy calls.  Have we even attempted anything down the field?   Two weeks straight we dominate time of possession, offensive plays, and yet have next to nothing to show for it. 

Can we just drop Getsy off somewhere in Minny?   

it's so true. I dont mean to harp on it but they have to really not trust Fields to make reads.

Defense playing tough though - that's good to see.