Week 13 Bye Week Open Thread

adam

38 minutes ago, adam said:

I am starting to see national media turn positive for the Bears. Gordon, Brisker, Johnson, Edwards, and Sweat are getting a lot praise nationally. On offense, I keep hearing about Kmet, Moore, Jenkins, Wright, and Braxton Jones. When Foreman was playing, he was getting some attention, and now I see that put on Roshcon, which is nice to see. Fields always got attention, so that is hard to decipher, but hearing about 10-12 Bears plays nationally on a regular basis has me hopeful for a turnaround.

Many are even saying the record is not indicative of the talent on the roster and that if they keep trending like they have been, they are going to be a tough out down the stretch. I would like to believe that and see that.

I hope everyone enjoyed their bye week and college football. Now we get to sit back and watch the tankathon standings for CAR's pick.

In the past I didn't watch that many college games, but I ODed on them this week. Some amazing games. Loved the Washington/Oregon matchup with two top QBs in the draft facing each other. Then Alabama defeating Georgia and knocking them out of the Championship playoffs. Amazing!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, adam said:

Many are even saying the record is not indicative of the talent on the roster and that if they keep trending like they have been, they are going to be a tough out down the stretch. I would like to believe that and see that.

If the defense had managed to play against Denver like it is now and the game in Detroit stayed the way it was for the first three quarters, we’d be having a different discussion right now 

17 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’m not sure what I think about Florida State losing a seat in the playoffs to ‘Bama. 

Sucks. At least they are going to go to a 12 team playoff next year. Florida State & Georgia should both be in the playoffs. Has to be disappointing to players on those two teams, especially seniors.

18 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Sucks. At least they are going to go to a 12 team playoff next year. Florida State & Georgia should both be in the playoffs. Has to be disappointing to players on those two teams, especially seniors.

4 is too few. 8 would have been OK with me too, but 12 certainly gets the job done.

Some interesting games for tankathon. ARZ (2 wins) is leading 10-3 in PIT, Trubisky now in. Crazy to think if Mitch plays bad, he can actually help the Bears draft position. 

The Chargers (4 wins) only have a 6-0 lead on the Patriots (2 wins).

The Falcons are leading the Jets (4 wins) 13-8.

The Titans (4 wins) have a 17-16 lead against the Colts. 

Commanders (4 wins) getting destroyed as expected, they will fall to 4-9 and bump the Bears to the 5th pick.

Lions hang on to beat the Saints. After starting 21-0, the Saints outscored the Lions 28-12. The Saints got the ball back down 5 with 5:54 to go, get into Lions territory and Winston couldn't find the magic.

LaPorta was 9-140, while all other players had 7-73. Seriously, the Bears need to take this guy out of the game next week. 

The Lions are 3-1 in their last 4 games. They beat the Chargers 41-38 with a last second FG. They beat the Bears (we know how that one went), they lost to 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Thank you Mitch Trubisky!  24-3 Cards, in Pittsburgh. Crazy.

Patriots are the bigger threat now to steal it from CAR. It's so hard to believe the Pats arent gonna win like 3 games. Just so weird to see them so bad.

8 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Patriots are the bigger threat now to steal it from CAR. It's so hard to believe the Pats arent gonna win like 3 games. Just so weird to see them so bad.

Yep. Just watched the Chargers game and the Pat are really bad. 

Of the 4 win teams that could impact the Bears actual pick: Commanders lost, Jets lost, Titans lost, and the Bucs are playing the Panthers. So it is a double win for the Bucs to beat the Panthers for the Bears. 

If the Bears win against the Lions next week, they drop to #8 or #9 depending on the outcome of the Bucs/Panthers game.

28 minutes ago, adam said:

Of the 4 win teams that could impact the Bears actual pick: Commanders lost, Jets lost, Titans lost, and the Bucs are playing the Panthers. So it is a double win for the Bucs to beat the Panthers for the Bears. 

If the Bears win against the Lions next week, they drop to #8 or #9 depending on the outcome of the Bucs/Panthers game.

Adam, if we win out, are we out of the top 10 picks?

13 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Adam, if we win out, are we out of the top 10 picks?

Winning out is more than likely Wild Card 3, so that would be #19 or #20. Just say they win out and miss the playoffs, they would more than likely be the best non-playoff team at 9-8. That is pick #18.

27 minutes ago, adam said:

Winning out is more than likely Wild Card 3, so that would be #19 or #20. Just say they win out and miss the playoffs, they would more than likely be the best non-playoff team at 9-8. That is pick #18.

If we end up with 8 or 9 wins, that is quite a turn around for a 0-4 start. I know that's dreaming but nobody we play  are world beaters.

27 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If we end up with 8 or 9 wins, that is quite a turn around for a 0-4 start. I know that's dreaming but nobody we play  are world beaters.

After how the Bears looked against DET, they should win out. Block Garrett and you can beat CLE. Then ARZ and ATL should be wins. That leaves GB Week 18 which would basically be a play in game. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic