Week 16 Official Game Thread - Cards at Bears (Tankathon Bowl), DEC 24th, 3:25pm, FOX, CHI -4.5, O/U 44.5

adam

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

are there many precedents for keeping position coaches thru a staff change? I seem to remember some when Lovie left. Does anyone know if its common at all?

It definitely happens, probably not common, but not that crazy. This offseason is going to be wild.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Fields with 84 yards passing and 30 yards rushing and a TD. This is the dual threat we have been looking for.

he's had a couple ofgood passes from the pocket, and a few more he was late on. DJ Moore on the play he was injured on, and a nice timing throw to Kmet on the left sideline (not the long pass) were the two examples I saw. They were both in the first drive scripted pre-digested plays though.

I am looking forward to more of them - they are so valuable.

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Let the new HC pick his staff if you are going to fire Flus. It is not good to handcuff your hire

fully agree! Im only saying if the new coaches want them. What youre saying here is 100% right.

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

He’s not wrong. Stats being what they are.

what hes wrong about is that hes saying we here on the board look to criticize Fields unfairly. He is saying that we take things out of context to blame him unfairly.

But I havent seen much of anyone attacking Fields on stats. I've been talking about reading defenses and they dont keep a number on that. Im talking about plays where Fields has guys open and doesnt pull the trigger. If we are running more that doesnt affect that, so the snide comment makes no actual sense. It's just like he's taking criticisms of Fields personally.

It wasnt a comment he was making about Fields or even answering a specific criticism, it was just a fighty, sarcastic personal attack on the character of people on the board. It's a small thing, but for many years they were aimed at me by name, and after a while and hundreds of them they build up to become very childish and unpleasant not to mention disrespectful.

On pretty much every post I make about Fields, I also say he is one of the best broken play QBs of all time. I routinely say that if he added reading defenses, hed be one of the best QBs in the league. I talk about his athletic skills, and his personality. He's likeable. Ive said all that dozens of times.

I've even said you can beat lesser teams with hero ball.

I just wish we could keep the debate to the players and such and not to the character of members of the board.

Last thing Ill say about this: I ramped up obvious over the top personal attacks against this stuff on purpose so that we would finally be told to all stop. If it seems ironic that im calling for no personal attacks, maybe that helps explain it.

• adam unpinned this topic