Caleb Williams

Stinger226

12 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I saw someone else post that Eberflus said he wasn’t sure whether Fields would be the starter next year. Haven’t been able to find that but that could be a telling indicator of things to come…if it were true. 

It was in his presser the other day. He said it is all part of the offseason evaluation. Which led people to connect the dots. If he was going to be, he would have no issues saying that, but by not saying it or saying they have to assess the situation, leads people to believe that they are moving on from him.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, adam said:

It was in his presser the other day. He said it is all part of the offseason evaluation. Which led people to connect the dots. If he was going to be, he would have no issues saying that, but by not saying it or saying they have to assess the situation, leads people to believe that they are moving on from him.

The Bears fandom has been so crazy this year. If something wasnt worded exatly , a lot of writers are assuming he meant something else. No way at this time he would say , any player wasnt going to be here next yr or lose there job, they have 2 gamrs left. 

I have moved on from Justin looking for a higher ceiling but I keep seeing former players praise Justin. For me it will be the evaluation of the rookie QBs more than Justin ,as is , but my opinion is subject to change going forward. Former players are 85% in Justin's corner. That's amazing. Its hard to ignore their opinion.

I heard something pretty damning on the radio this morning.  There is audio out there of the USC players celebrating and saying "we're a team now" during their bowl game without Williams.  There were also other things heard, rumblings about selfishness and ego.

I can see where it's easy to be that way in today's atmosphere, but a humbling must happen before he can succeed at the pro level.  Given our past, I'll go the George Pickens and and Jalen Carter route and let him be someone else's problem.

6 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I heard something pretty damning on the radio this morning.  There is audio out there of the USC players celebrating and saying "we're a team now" during their bowl game without Williams.  There were also other things heard, rumblings about selfishness and ego.

I can see where it's easy to be that way in today's atmosphere, but a humbling must happen before he can succeed at the pro level.  Given our past, I'll go the George Pickens and and Jalen Carter route and let him be someone else's problem.

It's definitely something to consider. If they go with a new QB, that guy has to win over the locker room while also replacing Fields, who by all accounts is a great teammate and leader. 

20 minutes ago, adam said:

It's definitely something to consider. If they go with a new QB, that guy has to win over the locker room while also replacing Fields, who by all accounts is a great teammate and leader. 

I hope Jayden Daniels can hide in the shadows because he has the likeability teammates will get behind and talent.  Trade 1 for 4 can be enough to carry the draft torch of building a long term winner.

I don't see the price as high from NE, but imagine 2025 having 2 first and 3 seconds to build behind Fields/Daniel's.  The Bears can afford to play/pay Fields while grooming JD.  I don't see Fields becoming a distraction if he knows it is his job to lose. He will have a better cast to keep his job or increase his trade value. Maybe Sean Payton would be interested now that Wilson is done in Denver. 

PFN_MDS_Result__1703960432398.png

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It's all part of the evaluation process. Everything matters.

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I hope Jayden Daniels can hide in the shadows because he has the likeability teammates will get behind and talent.  Trade 1 for 4 can be enough to carry the draft torch of building a long term winner.

I don't see the price as high from NE, but imagine 2025 having 2 first and 3 seconds to build behind Fields/Daniel's.  The Bears can afford to play/pay Fields while grooming JD.  I don't see Fields becoming a distraction if he knows it is his job to lose. He will have a better cast to keep his job or increase his trade value. Maybe Sean Payton would be interested now that Wilson is done in Denver. 

PFN_MDS_Result__1703960432398.png

I just did a draft that had the same 7 top picks except for a different WR.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It's like no one going to Bo Callahan's birthday party in "Draft Day"

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I just did a draft that had the same 7 top picks except for a different WR.

Brian Thomas Jr seems like a great kid who will get better and better.  He is a high IQ and multi-gifted athlete who could have went with basketball.  At 6-4 205, he would be a great complement to Moore and be a familiar face to Daniels. 

All I will say is that I absolutely, 100% do not want Caleb Williams. He's a prima donna punk and horrible for the locker room. It would be like when the Bears unnecessarily drafted Cedric Benson when they had Thomas Jones, and the entire locker room hated it. Internal mutiny.

He skipped the bowl game. Lacks mental toughness. Apparently his teammates don't like him. Not a good leader, or the Trojans would have been better.

Great arm talent. Bad intangibles. Pass. Aside from that, trading the #1 is much better for the Bears because they need more than one rookie to take a leap.

1 minute ago, jason said:

All I will say is that I absolutely, 100% do not want Caleb Williams. He's a prima donna punk and horrible for the locker room. It would be like when the Bears unnecessarily drafted Cedric Benson when they had Thomas Jones, and the entire locker room hated it. Internal mutiny.

He skipped the bowl game. Lacks mental toughness. Apparently his teammates don't like him. Not a good leader, or the Trojans would have been better.

Great arm talent. Bad intangibles. Pass. Aside from that, trading the #1 is much better for the Bears because they need more than one rookie to take a leap.

Agreed. Williams is a prima donna and I want us to get a king's ransom for the no. 1. There are other QBs in this draft that can sit behind Fields while Poles builds a balanced, deep team.

1 minute ago, ChileBear said:

Agreed. Williams is a prima donna and I want us to get a king's ransom for the no. 1. There are other QBs in this draft that can sit behind Fields while Poles builds a balanced, deep team.

And that doesn't even include the ridiculous thing where he wants part ownership.

What if all the GMs secretly agree with us and Maye and Daniels are off the board 1 and 2 - and trading down damns us to Caleb Williams. This is a real inflection point for the next 10 years of this franchise. I cant predict it - Poles needs to get it right. He needs information, vision and some luck too.

2 minutes ago, jason said:

And that doesn't even include the ridiculous thing where he wants part ownership.

assuming the Bears dont end up with him, after all this shit, and epscially dissing the Bears a couple of times I will be rooting SO hard against him. I haven't had a player to truly hate in a long time. i wanted to hate Rodgers, but he was really good. But I'm gonna HATE Caleb Williams, assuming he is not a Bear of course. God help us.

I'm off the Williams bandwagon, to many questions to answer with him. Today I heard someone speak of the Fielfs hysteria with the most sense. No one in the NFL stands in the pocket and makes 20 read and throw in rtythum plays in a game. Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, and Prescott doesnt do that. Fields just needs to do it 5-6 times a game. You have play action, RPOs, roll outs and QB rushes in a game. Fields can do that especially with a MHJ or a Bowers, new center, LT maybe, or edge rusher. I'm back in bed with Fields and trade the pick for a haul.