The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

3 hours ago, Pixote said:

Does he have anything left in the tank?

I read he is on the downside of his career at age 30? 

Also, cut for salary cap reasons? What will he demand?

With all of the safeties hitting FA, surely there must be a young stud on the rise.

Poles looks to youth all the time but he was a Titans leader , maybe he needs that. The DBs looked up to Jackson.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

No.  Poles said he'd have to be blown away by a QB prospect before he would replace Fields.  

That being said, he hasn't had the chance to be blown away by the big three, unless you count interviews.  Therefore, the decision on Fields has yet to be made.

I think we would all be disappointed in Poles if he didn't perform his due diligence.

Fields is one of his options. With no medicals on the logical number I option , he can't trade him.

I think if Poles gets a decent offer in Fields he will trade him before Caleb's medicals are in. If he doesnt get that offer we will never know who was right, but i think Poles has enough data to make a decision now rather than lets a decent offer go stale and possible lose it?

Bears meeting with Safety Kevin Byard today - a perennial all pro who played most of his career in Tennessee. He's 30 years old, so probably a 2 year deal to fill a hole and then draft a replacement next year if we make an offer at all.

Expected to command $7.2M a year.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Bears meeting with Safety Kevin Byard today - a perennial all pro who played most of his career in Tennessee. He's 30 years old, so probably a 2 year deal to fill a hole and then draft a replacement next year if we make an offer at all.

Expected to command $7.2M a year.

He would be better than any rookie we would draft this year. I also think they interview a couple others. 

Just now, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He would be better than any rookie we would draft this year. I also think they interview a couple others. 

out of the gate, for sure. Poles has shown an ability to find later round defensive backs though - I think this is more a matter of not having as many picks as we might like, and needing stop gap measures for a couple years to fill a hole?

He might also be doing his due diligence on this guy in case Byard doesnt get signed quickly due to age, and is available on a cheaper one year type deal later. Who knows.

The next few weeks are sure to be interesting.

NE trades Mac Jones. It sets up a biding war for pick one. 

Washington VS NE. That would still leave us a QB or MHJ?  the ninth pick and a ton of draft capital.

Poles is a magician --- Could he trade 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and back again. I can't imagine what that would bring us.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

NE trades Mac Jones. It sets up a biding war for pick one. 

Washington VS NE. That would still leave us a QB or MHJ?  the ninth pick and a ton of draft capital.

Poles is a magician --- Could he trade 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and back again. I can't imagine what that would bring us.

it would bring us a crappy QB.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

it would bring us a crappy QB.

You might be right but it's an unknown right now. Maybe Poles likes another QB better and makes a trade and still gets his guy. If Poles doesn't draft Williams, he has a reason we don't know about. All options are available until they get eliminated. We will know in the next 10 days. 

I follow Greg Gabriel on X and he has personally messaged me several times. He said they have not decided yet, that Caleb is the most talented QB in the draft but has a few issues that are not public which may turn Poles away from Caleb. He thinks Daniels will end up being the better Pro.  He thinks they  could trade Justin but until Poles decides, they could still keep Justin. He thinks he could draft Daniels and keep Justin. 

Greg Gabriel is full of crap. He says he knows secret bad things about Caleb but wont report on them.

OK I know secret bad things about Justin too - and if you knew them WOO BOY youd want him gone. So many bad secrets about Justin, but I just wont say them.

Right.

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

Greg Gabriel is full of crap. He says he knows secret bad things about Caleb but wont report on them.

OK I know secret bad things about Justin too - and if you knew them WOO BOY youd want him gone. So many bad secrets about Justin, but I just wont say them.

Right.

You may be right but I think a person that has worked their before , has many friends still in football circles is more reliable than you. If you follow him , you would know he doesn't push bullshit. He tells you it's his opinion or what he was told.

It’s early, but I’m not  thrilled that the Packers and Vikings are both making bigger upgrades than the Bears so far:

Vikings - Greenard, Van Ginkel

Packers - Jacobs, McKinney

Really need to close the deal with Danielle Hunter, IMO. 

17 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Guess my earth is flat post wasn't too far off

nope LOL I think there are a few on this board deep in the JF Kool Aid, but reality is pretty apparent to the rest.

• adam unfeatured this topic