The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

Pix, Im just not gonna fight with you. When youre nice to me, I respond the same. Youre in control of the tone of your own words, and Im gonna stop even explaining it. Its your choice, and honestly whichever way you go is fine. And Ill just be symmetrical.

Im SO sick of talking about this. Whatever you need dude, I wont bother explaining it anymore.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Pix, Im just not gonna fight with you. When youre nice to me, I respond the same. Youre in control of the tone of your own words, and Im gonna stop even explaining it. Its your choice, and honestly whichever way you go is fine. And Ill just be symmetrical.

Im SO sick of talking about this. Whatever you need dude, I wont bother explaining it anymore.

You're idea of being nice is always agreeing with you . Its just opinions, why get mad.

38 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I remember the game where he went 15-16,( something like that)

Technically speaking, you may be referring to the game where JF threw for 16 complete passes in a row.  Nothing but a franchise record. 

And since I’m here, been looking for a place to drop this.  IMG_6727.jpeg

Here is my list for Day 2:

Curtis Samuel, Josh Reynolds, Tyler Boyd - WR
Braxton Berrios - WR/PR
Gerald Everett, Adam Trautman - TE (signed Everett 2/12M)
Evan Brown, Brian Allen - C
DJ Reader, Poona Ford, Sheldon Rankins - DT
Danielle Hunter, Chase Young, DJ Wonnum, Shaq Lawson - Edge

Barring a Danielle Hunter signing or something, it’s shaping up to be a pretty underwhelming FA haul for the Bears, IMO. Sounds like it’s the Jags or Pats for Ridley. Really needed a potential #2 WR and upgrade at DE, plus maybe someone to compete at C and maybe we get one of those? Maybe? Things can change, but I’m not thrilled. 

6 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Barring a Danielle Hunter signing or something, it’s shaping up to be a pretty underwhelming FA haul for the Bears, IMO. Sounds like it’s the Jags or Pats for Ridley. Really needed a potential #2 WR and upgrade at DE, plus maybe someone to compete at C and maybe we get one of those? Maybe? Things can change, but I’m not thrilled. 

I expect Bears will get one of the 5 best wideouts.  I also will admit - when you look at the big FA signings over last handful of years, more miss than not, so I don't mind the - be strategic on where you are taking your initial swing - than be measured and see what market is and find next wave of guys at your price and where you can where you think you have reduced risks.

I presume Everett is one of those - reduced risks - team knows him very well.  Not sure about Byrd - we have gotten a lot of people from Tennessee so maybe familiarity there.  

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tee Higgins? I know he's a bit more complicated but he wants out of Cincy and would be (IMHO) a decent #2. 

I was thinking more on the FA side. I am sure there are a few trade options, but with the expected salary that Higgins is demanding (more than Moore), I doubt they commit that much of the cap to WR.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Tee Higgins? I know he's a bit more complicated but he wants out of Cincy and would be (IMHO) a decent #2. 

If Bears had a 2nd round pick - I would think it would be a legit option.  But they don't. So unless Bengals will trade Tee HIggins to move up to 9 (and Bears get their pick - which I think is like 16th).  Bears basically move down 7 spots but pick up and pay a wideout big money ($25M per year) to pair with Moore.  Still have a FRP which they probably use on defense or oline (or maybe they move down a few more spots again and grab a center). Say move down to 23 or 24 - pick up a late 2nd / early 3rd - grab an olinemen or linemen with FRP and than draft a wideout with the other pick and than use our own draft pick on another olinemen (maybe someone we think could develop into an interio player).  

8 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

MHJ or Odunze in the draft?

Those two and Nabors could be gone by #9. Plus you can’t count on a rookie to be your #2 WR. If they are, great, but you sure can’t count on it. And your current #2 is Equanimous St. Brown or Tyler Scott. 

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If Bears had a 2nd round pick - I would think it would be a legit option.  But they don't. So unless Bengals will trade Tee HIggins to move up to 9 (and Bears get their pick - which I think is like 16th).  Bears basically move down 7 spots but pick up and pay a wideout big money ($25M per year) to pair with Moore.  Still have a FRP which they probably use on defense or oline (or maybe they move down a few more spots again and grab a center). Say move down to 23 or 24 - pick up a late 2nd / early 3rd - grab an olinemen or linemen with FRP and than draft a wideout with the other pick and than use our own draft pick on another olinemen (maybe someone we think could develop into an interio player).  

Yeah I actually just read an article explaining a bit more about the complexity of Higgins' situation and right away realized 'never mind'.  They said Cincy had a nearly identical situation come up with former Safety Jessie Bates a few years ago and even though Bates wanted out he was tagged and ended up playing for the Bengals for another year.  The article also mentioned that Bates and Higgins both have the same agent.   

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Oh I was thinking more like at #2, or #3 when they trade #1.  😉👍

At this point, that might be the only logical explanation for the Bears’ decision making . . . 

This is a good place as any "OPEN THREAD" to share this interesting nugget of information.  Saw it this morning flash on the screen (NFL Network?) while they were updating the current FA movement.  Seems crazy to think that newly acquired Jones has very similar stats to current 'Franchise QB' (and former overall #1 pick) Trevor Lawrence in Jacksonville.  I guess Lawrence has Jones soundly beat when it comes to rushing...but that's not what we want a QB to do...right?

image.png

1. FS - Jackson (58.6/646) > Byard (72.8/1187)
2. DB - Blackwell (28.5/21)> Owens (59.6/927)
3. RB - Foreman (74.0/267) > Swift (66.5/669)
4. TE - Tonyan (49.6/319)> Everett (65.6/570)
5. G - Feeney (44.8/90) > Bates (78.7/35)

1. G/C - Patrick (50.5/953) > Rookie
2. C/G - Whitehair (45.0/787) > FA/Rookie
3. WR - Mooney (55.2/764) > Rookie
4. DT - Jones (49.3/740) > Rookie
5. DE - Ngakoue (39.9/592)> Rookie
6. DE - Green (50.6/385) > FA
7. TE - Lewis (77.1/330) >  FA
8. WR - St. Brown (55.1/211) > FA
9. WR - Taylor (51.8/121) > FA
10. LB - Cole (50.1/3)> FA

Between G and C, the Bears need to make up 1740 snaps. Some will be made up by having Davis full time, but the other half will need to come from a full time Center. Next is WR2 at 764 snaps, then DT at 740, and Edge at 592.  So interior lineman, WR, DT, and Edge need to come soon.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

we also signed a DB from Green Bay today - not a big contract - probably a special teamer.

Wrong, Bears sign Simone Biles! Jonathan Owen's will get to attend games on the sideline as part of the deal.

1 hour ago, adam said:

5. DE - Ngakoue (39.9/592)> Rookie
6. DE - Green (50.6/385) > FA

Now that Hunter is out of the picture (signed with Houston), how about DJ Wonnum who also played along the Vikings Defensive Front?  He finished out his rookie contract (4th year) with Minnesota last year and racked up 8 sacks while doing so.  He's scheduled to visit with Chicago on Thursday (after visiting Carolina on Wednesday).

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bears_also_hosting_de_dj_wonnum_for_visit/s1_17039_40098621

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Now that Hunter is out of the picture (signed with Houston), how about DJ Wonnum who also played along the Vikings Defensive Front?  He finished out his rookie contract (4th year) with Minnesota last year and racked up 8 sacks while doing so.  He's scheduled to visit with Chicago on Thursday (after visiting Carolina on Wednesday).

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bears_also_hosting_de_dj_wonnum_for_visit/s1_17039_40098621

Houston is on superbowl or bust mode. They will be a team to reckon with. 

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

we also signed a DB from Green Bay today - not a big contract - probably a special teamer.

Dang for a special teamer backup, he's a good depth player.  Had 84 tackles for GB last year and 125 the year before with Houston

To compare;  Brisker had 105 and 104 the last two seasons and Byard 75 and 47

23 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Wrong, Bears sign Simone Biles! Jonathan Owen's will get to attend games on the sideline as part of the deal.

FWIW my wife and younger daughter will have more reason to watch Bears football now.  Maybe we'll have our own version of Swifty football?  

28 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

hahaha it's our Taylor Swift - we finally have a modern franchise hahaha

• adam unfeatured this topic