The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Also, sheer numbers don't mean anything unless you watch the games. I remember Colt Brennan from Hawaii put up gaudy numbers every season, then was drafted in the 6th round.

I have now watched several games of each of the top QBs. I like them all, but Williams stands out. He makes all the throws, and then has so many wow passes. If I didn't know their ages or injury history, I would probably go Williams, Penix, Daniels, Nix, Maye, then McCarthy. They all may turn out good/great, but I think when you are looking at ceilings and floors, Williams' highs are above everyone elses. 

People talk about Mahomes comparisons but I think Aaron Rodgers is a better choice. 

He moves around the pocket, arm strength similar. Wouldn't it be ironic to have the next Rodgers while GB has Jorden Love.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

People talk about Mahomes comparisons but I think Aaron Rodgers is a better choice. 

He moves around the pocket, arm strength similar. Wouldn't it be ironic to have the next Rodgers while GB has Jorden Love.  

I agree, I would say Rodgers is a better comp too. That would be funny as long as Love only ends up as slightly above average.

20 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Im glad Latu and another trade down or second round option are coming in

theyre definitely doing their due diligence at least

2 hours ago, adam said:

That is a smoke screen. Some GM wants him to drop.

We also have DJM, KA, and Kmet as mentors for a young wide receiver who needs structure. This reminds me of Randy Moss when he entered the draft. He slid down the first round, and teams passed him because of off-field issues. We passed on Moss. Let's not make the same mistake and pass on this kid. If Nabers is there at 9, I say run, do not walk, to turn in the card.

57 minutes ago, Pixote said:

We also have DJM, KA, and Kmet as mentors for a young wide receiver who needs structure. This reminds me of Randy Moss when he entered the draft. He slid down the first round, and teams passed him because of off-field issues. We passed on Moss. Let's not make the same mistake and pass on this kid. If Nabers is there at 9, I say run, do not walk, to turn in the card.

for sure.

17 days left until Caleb Williams is QB1 for the Bears. Pretty crazy that we may have the best QB in franchise history on the roster in less than 3 weeks. Key word "may" but man, I am pumped.

I have not been this excited about a draft pick since the failed Trubisky pick. The trade up absolutely killed me, because when Pace did that, I was so sure it was going to be Watson. WTF was he thinking?

2 hours ago, adam said:

17 days left until Caleb Williams is QB1 for the Bears. Pretty crazy that we may have the best QB in franchise history on the roster in less than 3 weeks. Key word "may" but man, I am pumped.

It sure is a good time to be a Bears fan. To possibly finally have a long term answer at QB is like winning the draft for a decade.  Get a DE or WR at 9 and the draft is a W, regardless of whoever else is taken rd 3 and 4.  Come 2025 draft, the rebuild process will get the finishing touches and the Bears should be in Superbowl contention. 

22 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

I don’t ever remember being this excited to be a Bears fan. C’mon CW let’s go to the playoffs!

As we've all said repeatedly, it starts in the trenches.

If our OL can give CW a clean pocket, with the offensive weapons we have, there is no reason why CW can't help us become a top 5 offense.

If we can support Sweat in pressuring the quarterback (requiring a 3T and Edge to complement him), there's no reason we can't boast a top-five Defense. Our DB group is poised to shine.

Now, we all need to stay healthy and safe so we can enjoy another Super Bowl Victory.

I agree with everyone on here but I'm at the point now where I'm in rehab over what is about to take place. Before we were fighting over Justin vs everyone, I had something to focus on , now it's just reality of Caleb and (WR) or (DE).

Would you? 

Trade pick 75 and 2025 2 nd round pick next year to pick 5 and grab MHJ.

Top 10 picks every year should be ( classified) at top blue chip players. 

In 2019, 2020, and 2021 only 12_ players lived up to those expectations.  

Now some turned out to be good players but not the status of a top 10 pick and some were complete busts. 

If we can get 2 of those blue chip players, I will be very happy.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/draft.htm

On 4/7/2024 at 5:33 PM, killakrzydav said:

Im glad Latu and another trade down or second round option are coming in

Worthy will go in round one.   It’s not just speed he has some nuances to his route running that make him effective.   He doesn’t have the best hands or he’d be in the top 20 discussion.  

I’n other news I saw Steve Smith review Brian Thomas.  I respect his opinions on WRs.  He’s saying he’ll end up  a #1 WR.   

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Worthy will go in round one.   It’s not just speed he has some nuances to his route running that make him effective.   He doesn’t have the best hands or he’d be in the top 20 discussion.  

I’n other news I saw Steve Smith review Brian Thomas.  I respect his opinions on WRs.  He’s saying he’ll end up  a #1 WR.   

He would be top 10 if not for the 3 WRs listed ahead of him on the rankings. Also Adonis Mitchell is getting high praise. Josh Lucas said he will end up being the second best WR in this draft.

• adam unfeatured this topic