So knowing Flus is the guy:

DABEARSDABOMB

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I was as big a proponent of firing Eberflus as anyone here, but the errors he made should be mitigated by good coordinators. It's not a reason to keep someone as head coach in my opinion, but I dont think it dooms us either. If the coordinators are experienced and strong in the room, then the worst about Eberflus is the missed opportunity to have someone better in there, but I dont think Eberflus will sink the ship. When he wants to be overcautious, Ron Rivera or Leslie Frasier or someone like that should be able to push back.

As long as they get the coordinators right, I am much more worried about the Fields decision hurting us in the long run.

I guess, let's see who's desperate enough to take the jobs...

17 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

I guess, let's see who's desperate enough to take the jobs...

well theres that.

This is the same old Bears thinking.

If we dont reach for greatness from this pit we are in, we will get trapped at 9-8 for the next decade. Just good enough to say "well get em next year" and "at least we got to the playoffs" and bad enough to miss out on the top talent and ever get GOOD. You know the story, we've all lived it for DECADES.

We bought a ticket for change by living through the 2022 season - remember that? We stripped down and endured it so we could be here, and what do they do? They revert to safe loserthink. This is Poles version of a big prevent zone. If they keep Fields we are screwed and all this talent we have will be too expensive to keep by the time a QB is ready.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

well theres that.

This is the same old Bears thinking.

If we dont reach for greatness from this pit we are in, we will get trapped at 9-8 for the next decade. Good enough to say "well get em next year" and bad enough to miss the top talent. You know the story, we've all lived it for DECADES.

Spot on assessment!

1 hour ago, jason said:

Bingo. Rivera would be my choice as DC.

As for OC, I just want someone opposite of journeyman Getsy, whose resume is not that impressive.
WR Coach, Offense QC, WR Coach, OC, QB Coach (w/ Rodgers as QB), and then hired by Bears.  

I want someone who has a proven track record of offensive success, preferably at multiple locations with multiple sets of players. My dark horse selection is Ryan Grubb from Washington. Dude is a stud. Everywhere he goes there is offensive success. A huge reason Washington went from "who?" to the National Championship game.

Washington
2022-23: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Fresno State
2020-21: Offensive Coordinator/Assoc. Head Coach/Quarterbacks
2019: Offensive Coordinator/Assoc. Head Coach/Offensive Line
2017-18: Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
Eastern Michigan
2014-16: Offensive Line
Sioux Falls
2010-13: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2007-09: Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
South Dakota State
2006: Wide Receivers
2005: Running Backs

He had offers last year, likely in the college ranks for HC, and chose to stay with the one who brung him.  He's already making $2mil/yr which should make him quite happy.  I'm always leary of the college transition to the NFL because of the rule differences.  Then there is the fact he's on the west coast (Pac 12 for now) a region not known for good defense.   He's a good coach but given where we are now I don't think this is the time to gamble on someone without NFL experience.  

1 hour ago, jason said:

Bingo. Rivera would be my choice as DC.

As for OC, I just want someone opposite of journeyman Getsy, whose resume is not that impressive.
WR Coach, Offense QC, WR Coach, OC, QB Coach (w/ Rodgers as QB), and then hired by Bears.  

I want someone who has a proven track record of offensive success, preferably at multiple locations with multiple sets of players. My dark horse selection is Ryan Grubb from Washington. Dude is a stud. Everywhere he goes there is offensive success. A huge reason Washington went from "who?" to the National Championship game.

Washington
2022-23: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Fresno State
2020-21: Offensive Coordinator/Assoc. Head Coach/Quarterbacks
2019: Offensive Coordinator/Assoc. Head Coach/Offensive Line
2017-18: Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
Eastern Michigan
2014-16: Offensive Line
Sioux Falls
2010-13: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2007-09: Offensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
South Dakota State
2006: Wide Receivers
2005: Running Backs

Did he coach last year? I thought Bieniemy was the OC?

16 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Where’s the old Mad who used to be the “eternal optimist”?  

Decades of ineptness has been chipping away at my passion!  :P   Glad to be here and chat again.  I don't want my new found negativity to permeate too much...but I will be as honest as I can!

7 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

Decades of ineptness has been chipping away at my passion!  :P   Glad to be here and chat again.  I don't want my new found negativity to permeate too much...but I will be as honest as I can!

Good to “see” you again.  I get it.  But maybe a sip of Lagavulin will take the edge off?  🥃