Bears OC search

ASHKUM BEAR

Should be this weekend for the announcement or very early next week.   HC interviews are ongoing and some will be settled by next week.  It’s obvious the Bears want their pick of the OC litter.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Should be this weekend for the announcement or very early next week.   HC interviews are ongoing and some will be settled by next week.  It’s obvious the Bears want their pick of the OC litter.  

They could be waiting on Kubiak, who has a game on Saturday night. If they beat GB, he is hired. If they lose to GB, the Bears go in a different direction, lol.

2 hours ago, adam said:

They could be waiting on Kubiak, who has a game on Saturday night. If they beat GB, he is hired. If they lose to GB, the Bears go in a different direction, lol.

lol everything about the Bears decisions this offseason go down to the very last game the player played or the coach coached :P

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

lol everything about the Bears decisions this offseason go down to the very last game the player played or the coach coached :P

Pretty much lol, recency bias at its finest.

Also interviewing Zac Robinson, Passing Game Coordinator/QBs Coach for the Rams 

and Marcus Brady, he is currently on the Eagles staff and was the OC in Indy under Reich, worked with Flus. 

3 hours ago, OmahaBear said:

here is an interesting spin on the OC search.. wonder if there is any merit to this.. https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/latest-chicago-bears-oc-interview-reveals-a-clever-plan-is-in-motion/

I used to follow Lambert but he posts a lot outrageous posts and has no contact in the organization. Greg Gabriel called him out several times for outright lying on several posts.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

If they hire Kliff, it says a lot about Poles thinking process just like if we hire Roman and what it might indicate.

It could also be to get intel on Caleb. Now they are making teams really hedge their bets as you really don't know which way Poles is going to go.

Just now, adam said:

It could also be to get intel on Caleb. Now they are making teams really hedge their bets as you really don't know which way Poles is going to go

Totally true , NO ONE knows what their thinking. A smart person talks to football people to learn everything you can when trying to analyze a prospect. Every person gives their opinion on every QB option available.

10 minutes ago, adam said:

It could also be to get intel on Caleb. Now they are making teams really hedge their bets as you really don't know which way Poles is going to go.

right - whoever they hire as OC, they didnt hire the others, even if they liked them too.

This time of year you never know what anything means. Not until theyre signed anyway.

My updated preference list:

1. Shane Waldron 
2. Klint Kubiak

— Tier Break —

3. Zac Robinson (McVay experience, former QB)
4. Kliff Kingsbury (move him to top tier if drafting Caleb)
5. Thomas Brown (OC experience, former RB)

— Tier Break —

6. Marcus Brady (OC experience, former QB)
7. Liam Coen (former QB)
8. Greg Roman (move him to 2nd tier if keeping Fields)
9. Greg Olson

4 hours ago, adam said:

My updated preference list:

1. Shane Waldron 
2. Klint Kubiak

— Tier Break —

3. Zac Robinson (McVay experience, former QB)
4. Kliff Kingsbury (move him to top tier if drafting Caleb)
5. Thomas Brown (OC experience, former RB)

— Tier Break —

6. Marcus Brady (OC experience, former QB)
7. Liam Coen (former QB)
8. Greg Roman (move him to 2nd tier if keeping Fields)
9. Greg Olson

Whoa...is Aaron Leming your ghost author name?

IMG_6426.jpeg

4 hours ago, adam said:

And Kliff, now things are getting interesting:

There would be negative zero chance that they hire him and NOT draft Caleb.

A few days ago Colin Cowherd said ‘he was told by reliable sources’ that if Antonio Pierce is kept as HC in Vegas, Kingsbury will be “tapped as OC”.  Today he seems to think otherwise… guess we’ll see.  

IMG_6427.jpeg

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Have they fulfilled the Rooney rules yet? That will clue you in if they are done yet with the job hunt? If someone impressed them, they can stop at anytime, if they wait for a specific coach, then it will take some more time.

Yes, they hit that with Thomas Brown and Marcus Brady. 

24 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I like whoever Poles thinks is the best fit for the job. He's in the interviews not me, I trust his judgement and don't care who it is.

The good thing is this group is light years ahead of the one where they picked Getsy from. They learned their lesson.

16 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

A few days ago Colin Cowherd said ‘he was told by reliable sources’ that if Antonio Pierce is kept as HC in Vegas, Kingsbury will be “tapped as OC”.  Today he seems to think otherwise… guess we’ll see.  

IMG_6427.jpeg

He flip flops like a salmon running. 

Kingsbury is not my top pick, but would definitely be higher with his knowledge of Williams' game. It is good to at least see the Bears not being cheap with this hire. 

I am kind of excited by the OC process so far. Really Olsen and Roman (if you draft a new qb) are the only two candidates I don’t want as OC. But I am good with Olsen / Roman as qb coach and run game coordinator. 

I ripped Kingsbury as HC forever but the concept and idea of him as an OC is really growing on me. And if nothing else / they should get some good intel on Caleb, but more importantly he has done a lot of innovative things on offense, has tons of experience calling plays, has had at least some success creating successful nfl offenses (yes he also was HC for some epic Eagle like end of season collapses). 

He also just spent a year with an offensive guru in Lincoln Riley. 

18 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Also just hit me - Kliff coached Mahomes in college and I recall Patrick was very high on Kingsbury helping him become the qb he is. I think Kliff is moving way up my list. 

At least I think Kliff/Patrick worked together. 

Good one! I just googled it and Mahomes worked with Kingsbury at Texas Tech.