The Caleb Williams story

Stinger226

26 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Been to 27 countries but never been to PR, will have to plan a trip there, heard that from several people. Cabo is safe but Im not out at 2 in the morning by myself drunk. That may be a different animal.

Between Giggling Marlin and Happy Ending, a lot of bars with live music, good place to go. Cabo Wabo is on the first street away from the Marina behind those bars. 

You would love it.  We want to move there in a few years.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Been to 27 countries but never been to PR, will have to plan a trip there, heard that from several people. Cabo is safe but Im not out at 2 in the morning by myself drunk. That may be a different animal.

Between Giggling Marlin and Happy Ending, a lot of bars with live music, good place to go. Cabo Wabo is on the first street away from the Marina behind those bars. 

Ah yes.  Giggling Marlin...remember that place too.  Another good one.

59 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Shannon (aka Mongo) struggles with what to do with Fields. I would agree that the least they could do, if they trade him, is to send him to Atlanta. With all the tools there AND it’s his hometown!  Yikes.  

But Skip!  At the end of the day, he said get rid of Fields.  C'mon Skip.  I went back to Steven A for this...🤣

59 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Shannon (aka Mongo) struggles with what to do with Fields. I would agree that the least they could do, if they trade him, is to send him to Atlanta. With all the tools there AND it’s his hometown!  Yikes.  

As much as I hate Sharpe, that was respectful.  As much as I'd love to see Fields come to fruition, the Bears cannot pass on the chance.  I've seen Caleb regress this season under top teams and his backup destroy Stanford in the bowl game, who also beat ND, but I will trust the so called experts that label him as the next best. 

The weight on Poles is tremendous, he can get a kings ransom to trade down or take the next coming at QB.  I neglected Mahomes for having the smallest hands in his class and look at him now. You need a QB that can produce and build around.  If JF would be happy to go to ATL, it would be respectful to make that happen.

On 2/7/2024 at 11:00 PM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

As much as I hate Sharpe, that was respectful.  As much as I'd love to see Fields come to fruition, the Bears cannot pass on the chance.  I've seen Caleb regress this season under top teams and his backup destroy Stanford in the bowl game, who also beat ND, but I will trust the so called experts that label him as the next best. 

The weight on Poles is tremendous, he can get a kings ransom to trade down or take the next coming at QB.  I neglected Mahomes for having the smallest hands in his class and look at him now. You need a QB that can produce and build around.  If JF would be happy to go to ATL, it would be respectful to make that happen.

Big mistake. The "experts" have been screwing up evaluation and drafts for the Bears for over 30 years.

14 hours ago, jason said:

Big mistake. The "experts" have been screwing up evaluation and drafts for the Bears for over 30 years.

It's funny.  I watched a video today, where Stephen A, Shannon Sharp and "the experts" were killing KC for moving up to draft by Mahomes.  One of the experts said he had non-existent footwork and that Big 12 QB's don't translate to the NFL.

I do trust Poles though.  Going into year three, gives me hope for to his track record so far.  This will be the biggie of all biggies.

18 hours ago, jason said:

I don't disagree and have been on the trade down for some time, but I also see why they will most likey draft a QB.  The Bears are in a better place than the past 10-20 years with a young core.  On offense, their high needs are C and WR 2.  They can use upgrades at LT, LG and WR3, but can get by with what they have.  Would a C and WR2 make JF a top 10 QB? Maybe with Waldron calling the plays, but if not then we might not have a shot at getting a QB who can without trading future draft cap to do so. The best case scenario on trading down is to get the #1 pick again in 2025, but will there be a QB as good as this class or better than what we have in JF.  If not, then we are drafting in the 20s for years and might have to trade draft assets to get a Cutler or pay JF the 40 mil/ year and hope a switch flips on his pass play. The latter scenario I think will cost players and draft capital that trading down will net.

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

It's funny.  I watched a video today, where Stephen A, Shannon Sharp and "the experts" were killing KC for moving up to draft by Mahomes.  One of the experts said he had non-existent footwork and that Big 12 QB's don't translate to the NFL.

I do trust Poles though.  Going into year three, gives me hope for to his track record so far.  This will be the biggie of all biggies.

Totally trust Poles to make the right decision, no matter who is the QB, he made that decision with complete scrutiny. He has made some mistakes but I think he made the Claypool and V Jones decisions  because he was listening to everyone saying he had to get more weapons. Now he's going to do to make the right decisions and forget outside noise.  Williams, Field's, Maye or McCarthy, I don't have to be right , just him getting it right. It's about what's best for the Bears future.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Mongo3451 said:

LOL! That’s great! Honestly, that’s why I think it’s all BS and the people who say “oh, they know way better than you because they’re in the NFL” are wrong. I know what my eyes see, and it doesn’t take someone with 20 years in the league to have the same draft success the Bears have had. That shit can be done by a drunk and a dart board.