Drafting Williams would be insane

jason

56 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think we have guys on the roster with definite talent. I think DJ Moore is a stud.

In fact, I can imagine that Moore doesnt need a coach who yells at him, or is insistent on reaching deeper. But most of them do. Very few players have the football IQ that Moore has. Moore sees the entire field and is a master of spacing. He is like an offensive sided Mike Brown. He knows exactly where everyone is going to be, and how to get to the right spot.

Sweat is a monster too. Kmet is developing nicely. i think our LBs are extremely talented, but need more coaching.

I think Wright is gonna eat the league this year. I like our running back situation. Our corners are all players, and Brisker is great too. if Jenkins stays healthy, hes a stud too. I think Davis has it in him to play well. But theres a player that seems like he needs motivating.

So Im not mad at most of the roster. And Im not mad at the position coaches. The offensive coaches look promising too.

A lot of what's been built is solid.

But I still dont trust Eberflus. Hopefully, all the good coaches around him will keep him from getting too safe or too weird in situations.

But could you imagine Andy Reid being described as "laid back" as the first thing that comes to mind? or Belichick, or Shanahan, or any of the coaches in the playoffs this year?

It's football, and it shouldnt be this big mystery. We know what winners look and sound like.

Flus has a long way to go to be anywhere near those names.  I wish they went with offensive guru and maybe Poles sees that with Waldron and has him as a contingency plan in the future. Especially if they draft QB.  I think most were hopeful for Harbaugh but for whatever reason they were not making a change this year. Drafting a QB then making a coaching change would be as the title suggests insane.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Flus has a long way to go to be anywhere near those names.  I wish they went with offensive guru and maybe Poles sees that with Waldron and has him as a contingency plan in the future. Especially if they draft QB.  I think most were hopeful for Harbaugh but for whatever reason they were not making a change this year. Drafting a QB then making a coaching change would be as the title suggests insane.

yup. but Caleb could survive it if Waldron was moving up, and probably with a new offensive coach too. it would just be an unnecessary extra step.

But its done, and we just need to get the right QB. :)

I know there are some additional differences in the different routes they can go, but ultimately for 2025-2026, it seems like it comes down to essentially something like this:

Plan A: Williams + $52M for: $24M Edge (FA) + $20M DT (FA) + $8M TE2/WR3 (FA) 
Plan B: Fields + 2024 1st + 2025 1st + 2026 2nd 

Both plans roughly have a $62M cap hit with 4 roster spots filled. 

* Assumption is 1st Round 2024 (#9) used on WR2, 2nd Round 2024 used on Center for both plans (Fields trade or trade down from #1), negating each other. The cost controlled vet like Moore would cancel out with a FA in Plan A as well (cap wise). 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I know there are some additional differences in the different routes they can go, but ultimately for 2025-2026, it seems like it comes down to essentially something like this:

Plan A: Williams + $52M for: $24M Edge (FA) + $20M DT (FA) + $8M TE2/WR3 (FA) 
Plan B: Fields + 2024 1st + 2025 1st + 2026 2nd 

Both plans roughly have a $62M cap hit with 4 roster spots filled. 

* Assumption is 1st Round 2024 (#9) used on WR2, 2nd Round 2024 used on Center for both plans (Fields trade or trade down from #1), negating each other. The cost controlled vet like Moore would cancel out with a FA in Plan A as well (cap wise).

In 2025, if you kept Fields his cost is around 23  million, not sure how you come up for cost on rookie draftees?