The Bears hire Flus future replacement

Stinger226

The Bears hired Jennifer King as the assistant RB coach. Been in the NFL a few times working for Ron Rivera  at Carolina and last year at Washington. I joke but it's nice women at least get chances at becoming serious football coaches. 

Note: not a former player.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The Bears hired Jennifer King as the assistant RB coach. Been in the NFL a few times working for Ron Rivera  at Carolina and last year at Washington. I joke but it's nice women at least get chances at becoming serious football coaches. 

Note: not a former player.

Agreed.  I don’t personally think it a prerequisite to have been a player to be a coach.  It helps but isn’t a necessity. 

7 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agreed.  I don’t personally think it a prerequisite to have been a player to be a coach.  It helps but isn’t a necessity. 

I don't mind them being assistant coaches.  However, I do have a problem with them going further than that.  A lot of the NFL mentality comes from getting the shit beat out of you from peewee football on.  Unless a woman has been through that, I don't want to hear her opinion on how I'm going to run through a hole or pickup a blitzing linebacker.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't mind them being assistant coaches.  However, I do have a problem with them going further than that.  A lot of the NFL mentality comes from getting the shit beat out of you from peewee football on.  Unless a woman has been through that, I don't want to hear her opinion on how I'm going to run through a hole or pickup a blitzing linebacker.

I totally agree.

Anyone should be allowed to do anything they are qualified for. If a woman is good enough to play in the NFL for example, then I havent really heard anyone object to that. There have been some female goalies in the NHL for example. Cool.

But if you're not qualified, then I don't think this trend of giving out spots just for increased representation is a good idea at all.

It's the different between equality of opportunity vs equity of outcome. Everyone deserves a good shot at opportunity, but you dont gain anything by ignoring merit, ability and experience just to make the outcome look diverse.

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I could list a myriad of reasons why and how I would wholesale disagree with you but what would that accomplish?  Rather than hash that out I'll leave it as 'we'll agree to disagree'.  Signed - Skip

19 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I could list a myriad of reasons why and how I would wholesale disagree with you but what would that accomplish?  Rather than hash that out I'll leave it as 'we'll agree to disagree'.  Signed - Skip

I understand.  It's a polarizing opinion.

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I doubt you ever see a woman in a higher position of power that as assistant to positions. Like you said, how will a player respect a woman telling you to run through a wall . 

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agree with you, Alaskan. And just can't wrap my head around Mongo's "logic".

I'm watching Eberflus' presser, and so far a couple things stand out.

1) He feels more serious. The easy goofy smile is gone. His energy feels a little tougher. Im thinking that getting his butt kicked around this offseason has got his attention. This could be a good thing.

2) He mentioned that the Jennifer King was a 7 time All American in tackle football. She played 12 seasons as QB and WR in the womens league on the Carolina Phoenix. Cool. That assuages my worries earlier. If shes a dynamic competitor with experience playing professional football, then I feel differently about what I said earlier.

She held the same position "assistant running backs coach" for the Washington Commander the past three years.

She also coached at the Senior Bowl.

Honestly, I didn't know there really was a womens pro tackle football league other than some gimmick ones like the lingerie league. And some of those girls are freakin intense too, but playing in lingerie makes me take it less seriously LOL

But anyway, she seems qualified AND experienced.

Why not her but women coaching in the league is still kind of an experimental stage. Remains to be seen as how successful she may be. If she's an alpha she will eventually gain the respect of the players but that's not going to happen walking  in. Lots of huge egos in the NFL and some will just be turned off by it. How many players have had domestic abuse cases over the years. Clearly don't respect women the same let alone in a boss situation. Team leaders will ( Fields R Johnson)  but hard to sell th people like an Edmunds, or Brisker that play with violence.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Why not her but women coaching in the league is still kind of an experimental stage. Remains to be seen as how successful she may be. If she's an alpha she will eventually gain the respect of the players but that's not going to happen walking  in. Lots of huge egos in the NFL and some will just be turned off by it. How many players have had domestic abuse cases over the years. Clearly don't respect women the same let alone in a boss situation. Team leaders will ( Fields R Johnson)  but hard to sell th people like an Edmunds, or Brisker that play with violence.

I was talking to my buddy today.  He played D1 college and and German pro football untill he was 35.  He said, football players don't respect some men that played and coach, let alone women.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:56 AM, Mongo3451 said:

I was talking to my buddy today.  He played D1 college and and German pro football untill he was 35.  He said, football players don't respect some men that played and coach, let alone women.

I  was a plumber my whole life and there were a few women that broke into the trade. They were babied when it come to the physical work ( I did it to) and always given easy tasks. Only one I  could say I ever showed a true respect for, but took years to gain that respect. The others always took advantage of the male population trying to get close to them. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:35 PM, BearFan PHX said:

2) He mentioned that the Jennifer King was a 7 time All American in tackle football. She played 12 seasons as QB and WR in the womens league on the Carolina Phoenix. Cool. That assuages my worries earlier. If shes a dynamic competitor with experience playing professional football, then I feel differently about what I said earlier.

She held the same position "assistant running backs coach" for the Washington Commander the past three years.

She also coached at the Senior Bowl.

Honestly, I didn't know there really was a womens pro tackle football league other than some gimmick ones like the lingerie league. And some of those girls are freakin intense too, but playing in lingerie makes me take it less seriously LOL

But anyway, she seems qualified AND experienced.

FYI-Don’t let any of that fool you.

I’ve reffed 4 different “pro” women’s leagues, with teams stretching the entire southeast, and they’re all virtually the same. The level of play is atrocious. The athleticism is nearly nonexistent. It’s like a bad high school varsity team strictly because of the player size. I could give you dozens of examples, but it’s definitely not as legit as playing in high level varsity, let alone NCAA.

A few examples:
1. A team traveled 10+ hours and forgot their pads in the “other truck.”
2. A team quit mid-3rd Qtr with injuries piling up and because one player said “we got jobs tomorrow.”
3. Team owner was also coach and RB. In other words, she footed the bill. In little league this is called “Daddy Ball.”
4. Nearly every player for one team, including “skill” positions, had a visible beer gut, or post pregnancy weight lingering. 5. I told two coaches at half of one game that if they wanted the game to continue with refs, they’d relay to their entire team that we are tired of hearing they’re uninformed complaining. They were absolutely clueless about the rules and never shut up.

I could go on and on. I can’t speak about the time with the Commanders, but all women’s pro league resume building is like listing your HS job at Burger King when applying for a professional job in your 40s.

53 minutes ago, jason said:

I’ve reffed 4 different “pro” women’s leagues, with teams stretching the entire southeast, and they’re all virtually the same. The level of play is atrocious. The athleticism is nearly nonexistent. It’s like a bad high school varsity team strictly because of the player size. I could give you dozens of examples, but it’s definitely not as legit as playing in high level varsity, let alone NCAA.

A few examples:
2. A team quit mid-3rd Qtr with injuries piling up and because one player said “we got jobs tomorrow.”
3. Team owner was also coach and RB. In other words, she footed the bill. In little league this is called “Daddy Ball.”
4. Nearly every player for one team, including “skill” positions, had a visible beer gut, or post pregnancy weight lingering. 5. I told two coaches at half of one game that if they wanted the game to continue with refs, they’d relay to their entire team that we are tired of hearing they’re uninformed complaining. They were absolutely clueless about the rules and never shut up.

I could go on and on. I can’t speak about the time with the Commanders, but all women’s pro league resume building is like listing your HS job at Burger King when applying for a professional job in your 40s.

Savage...🤣

1 hour ago, jason said:

A few examples:

yikes - thank you for the info.