Combine..

Mongo3451

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's my view for the day.  Sitting with the Michigan parents.  And got to talk to coach.  I told him I wished he was our coach.  "They didn't want me"20240301_172707.jpg20240301_172337.jpg20240301_172337.jpg20240301_172255.jpg

20240301_172702.jpg

Cool you got to sit there in that moment in time. My claim to fame was playing poker with Red Foxx one time in Vegas and eating pizza with Howie Mandel.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Cool you got to sit there in that moment in time. My claim to fame was playing poker with Red Foxx one time in Vegas and eating pizza with Howie Mandel.

Red was my favorite.  My ringtone is the theme song from Sanford and son.

Another tidbit kinda caught me with Harbaugh.  He asked me if I knew when the quarterbacks were working out tomorrow.  I told him, then interjected that I was disappointed that the big three weren't throwing.  He told us that he knew what we've all been hearing, but don't buy the hype.  He said JJ is going to be a player.  He was like, "mark my words.  He's going to be great".  He was saying cold dead serious and knew we weren't media.  I also talked to his new DB coaches wife for a half hour.  She was absolutely gorgeous inside and out.  She said Harbaugh is the truest person she has ever met and that he doesn't waste any words playing games or BS ing anyone.  Totally loves him. Then after all of that, I found out they know my sister from when she was a PT for the University of Kentucky on the early 2000's.  More to come...

47 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Red was my favorite.  My ringtone is the theme song from Sanford and son.

Quincy Jones! Great piece of music.

31 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Another tidbit kinda caught me with Harbaugh.  He asked me if I knew when the quarterbacks were working out tomorrow.  I told him, then interjected that I was disappointed that the big three weren't throwing.  He told us that he knew what we've all been hearing, but don't buy the hype.  He said JJ is going to be a player.  He was like, "mark my words.  He's going to be great".  He was saying cold dead serious and knew we weren't media.  I also talked to his new DB coaches wife for a half hour.  She was absolutely gorgeous inside and out.  She said Harbaugh is the truest person she has ever met and that he doesn't waste any words playing games or BS ing anyone.  Totally loves him. Then after all of that, I found out they know my sister from when she was a PT for the University of Kentucky on the early 2000's.  More to come...

That must have been amazing. Im such a fan of his.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Those are moments you remember when other things get forgotten. Might Poles thinks JJ could be great and takes him at 9? I never underestimate Poles to not do what is expected.

Scenario: trade back a couple spots and get extra picks and draft MHJ plus grab McCarthy at 9, I could live with that. 

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Those are moments you remember when other things get forgotten. Might Poles thinks JJ could be great and takes him at 9? I never underestimate Poles to not do what is expected.

Scenario: trade back a couple spots and get extra picks and draft MHJ plus grab McCarthy at 9, I could live with that. 

13 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Keep them coming Mongo, enjoying the stories.  Sure wish the Bears went after him.  It would have brought back that 85 hype.  The HC would have taken the lime light and injected new life into the team.

18 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's my view for the day.  Sitting with the Michigan parents.  And got to talk to coach.  I told him I wished he was our coach.  "They didn't want me"20240301_172707.jpg20240301_172337.jpg20240301_172337.jpg20240301_172255.jpg

20240301_172702.jpg

Super cool Mongo. We have our new TalkBears insider!

14 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I can see McCarthy as a Matt Ryan/Philip Rivers type QB. This seems like a great draft class overall. If the Bears do go Williams at #1, and if McCarthy slides into the top 8, the Bears are going to get a stud at #9. I would not be opposed to trading Fields AND the #1 pick, moving down a few spots and drafting McCarthy. 

15 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

He told us that he knew what we've all been hearing, but don't buy the hype.  He said JJ is going to be a player.  He was like, "mark my words.  He's going to be great". 

He’s been pretty constant about his opinion of McCarthy.  He called him “generational” at one point.  

17 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Mine was going to High School and skiing with Tommy Moe.  He went on to win gold in the Olympics, I did not…not even close.