Bears Sign JJ - 4yr 76M deal

BearFan PHX

Even after JJ extension, Bears still with $58M in cap space. Depending on structure, at $19M per year, that's 800K less than the tag this year, and would be several million below the tag next year.  

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Even after JJ extension, Bears still with $58M in cap space. Depending on structure, at $19M per year, that's 800K less than the tag this year, and would be several million below the tag next year.  

Adjusted cap space is 38 mil after the rookie pool and in year money.

7 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Adjusted cap space is 38 mil after the rookie pool and in year money.

So $38M for free agency.

The Bears have holes at WR2 and FS, and could use upgrades at C, Edge, and DT and or LT (depending on how they view Dexter and Braxton).

What is pretty wild is the Bears can basically field the same team for the next two years if they extend Jenkins and Herbert, obviously once they address the aforementioned spots.

numbers.png

2 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Sounds like cap hit is about $15M - so Bears have $50M in space heading into free agency.  I presume rookie pool will take up another $10M, so $40M available for free agency. Should allow them to add a couple impact players.  

we are starting to look like a real roster.  We dont need a haul of picks to put this puzzle together. I mean, sure it'd be amazing, but even more amazing will be putting a real QB into this mix too. I exepct another OL player in the under $10M range too. So a couple impact players AND a few more role fillers too.

I truly think Poles is taking the OL seriously this offseason.

34 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

we are starting to look like a real roster.  We dont need a haul of picks to put this puzzle together. I mean, sure it'd be amazing, but even more amazing will be putting a real QB into this mix too. I exepct another OL player in the under $10M range too. So a couple impact players AND a few more role fillers too.

He's been playing with it for two years. To his defense, he offered Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen a contract  in his first year and tried to get Bates, failed on all accounts.  Drafted Braxton Jones. His backup plans didn't work out. 

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Poles oline acquisitions. Many darts and resources used early on hoping to strike gold.  He did find  nuggets in BJones and Wright. 

2022 draft 

5- Braxton Jones LT

6- Zachary Thomas OL

6-Doug Kramer C

7-Jayre Carter OG 

2022 Free agency 

Alex Leatherwood OT claimed

Lucas Patrick C signed

Riely Rief OT signed 

Michael Schoelfield OL signed 

Julian Davenport OT signed

Jean Delance OT UDFA

Corey Dublin OL UDFA

2023 draft

1-Darnell Wright RG

2023 free agency 

Nate Davis G

Bobby Haskins OT UDFA

Loren Metz OT UDFA

Gabe Huey G UDFA

Josh Lugg T UDFA

Nick Amoah T UDFA

Roy Mbaeteka T International 

2023 Trade

Dan Feeney OL 

2024 Trade

Ryan Bates OL 

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Poles oline acquisitions. Many darts and resources used early on hoping to strike gold.  He did find  nuggets in BJones and Wright. 

2022 draft 

5- Braxton Jones LT

6- Zachary Thomas OL

6-Doug Kramer C

7-Jayre Carter OG 

2022 Free agency 

Alex Leatherwood OT claimed

Lucas Patrick C signed

Riely Rief OT signed 

Michael Schoelfield OL signed 

Julian Davenport OT signed

Jean Delance OT UDFA

Corey Dublin OL UDFA

2023 draft

1-Darnell Wright RG

2023 free agency 

Nate Davis G

Bobby Haskins OT UDFA

Loren Metz OT UDFA

Gabe Huey G UDFA

Josh Lugg T UDFA

Nick Amoah T UDFA

Roy Mbaeteka T International 

2023 Trade

Dan Feeney OL 

2024 Trade

Ryan Bates OL 

for sure. and he is definitely taking it as a serious issue.

for sure. and he is definitely taking it as a serious issue.

I would love to see them get Frazier or Van Pran in Aprl to help settle the C position once and for all.  That would tell me how serious he is if he gets a long term fix planted this offseason. 

11 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I would love to see them get Frazier or Van Pran in Aprl to help settle the C position once and for all.  That would tell me how serious he is if he gets a long term fix planted this offseason. 

another possibility could be free agent Connor Williams from Miami. Hes recovering from injury, and the Bates trade allows them a minute to wait for him.

But one way or another I think it's very likely they will add another center to this roster beyond Bates.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

JPJ will be awesome but don't think we have a chance at him. Zack Frasier is a 4 time state wrestling champion. Power and unbelievable skills. I hope we can get him.

another possibility could be free agent Connor Williams from Miami. Hes recovering from injury, and the Bates trade allows them a minute to wait for him.

But one way or another I think it's very likely they will add another center to this roster beyond Bates.

Also Poles tried to get Brian Allen when he went back to LA he was injured but was top 5 rated at the time. I can see Poles giving him a 5 mil one year deal to prove himself. Bates  is the backup plan.

Awesome deal for the Bears. They basically got Johnson and Bates for $1.8M less than Johnson's tag cost.

If Fields is traded, the Bears gain back an additional $3M+ on the cap. So they could have over $65M if a trade occurs.

That should leave between $45-50M for free agency alone. I feel like there is a big fish or two in those number. Wilkins please.

22 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

right so he's trade bait after the 2026 season rather than getting nothing we could get a second or third - Poles absolutely knows how to play this draft and trade game with the cap.

It really makes you realize how mismanaged our team has been for such a long time. I have a feeling that the new Bears era is about to begin.

Spot on 

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I've given you credit on many posts but you're to busy trying to find something I said you didn't like to notice.

ok good, we're back to that I guess.