The Earth is Flat

killakrzydav

What is Poles was asking for the Sun and the Moon in trade for JF (cuz his boss is meddling) and he doesn't want to select CW but wants to fleece Washington then fleece NE so that he would be forced to keep JF?  JF, and D, Line, and some weapons.🤷‍♂️

5-D Chess

There's another reason why the market is so light on Justin,  because  maybe they're not trading him. GMs understand choices but media and fans whip up narratives. This is a possibility even as slight as it may be.

1 hour ago, adam said:

This could be a huge psyop, and if it was, I would be impressed. 

or the league is not as high on Fields as most of the Bears fans are.

every interview done by reporters at the combine with teams around the league is telling us in strong terms that the league is not as high on Fields as some fans seems to be. And that makes sense given what he put on tape.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

every interview done by reporters at the combine with teams around the league is telling us in strong terms that the league is not as high on Fields as some fans seems to be. And that makes sense given what he put on tape.

Can you post those interviews? 

40 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Can you post those interviews? 

all the reporting is that the market is soft for Fields. There are dozens of stories saying that.

Youre just in denial dude.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

all the reporting is that the market is soft for Fields. There are dozens of stories saying that.

Youre just in denial dude.

I agree the media is but no team reported they think Justin is terrible. The lack of attention for a trade is because of Wilson, Cousins, and Mayfield. Once they're off  the table they will  turn to the draft and  if they are not able to get their guy, then Justin is in play. Then you can judge trade value. You are in denial if you think Poles is trading him for a 4 th or 5 th round pick. He will keep him . having a couple starting caliber QBs on the roster is not a bad strategy.

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I agree the media is but no team reported they think Justin is terrible. The lack of attention for a trade is because of Wilson, Cousins, and Mayfield. Once they're off  the table they will  turn to the draft and  if they are not able to get their guy, then Justin is in play. Then you can judge trade value. You are in denial if you think Poles is trading him for a 4 th or 5 th round pick. He will keep him . having a couple starting caliber QBs on the roster is not a bad strategy.

If teams thought Justin was great - they would be bidding all over for his services.  Now if we see him go for a 1st rounder - fine, that tells you someone thinks he is a dude. But if he ends up getting a 3rd - yeah - there is no way to chalk that up than teams just thinking he's a mediocre starter worth taking a chance at given his physical tools.  

Doesn't mean the league is right or wrong - he could use it as extra edge and turn into something, but nothing on film passing wise and progression wise over past 3 years show him getting the ball out faster and more on script.  It basically shows him being the same player from year 2 to year 3 and that is a player who flashes greatness off script but is very much not great during the game and who wilts in the 4th quarter.  

5 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If teams thought Justin was great - they would be bidding all over for his services.  Now if we see him go for a 1st rounder - fine, that tells you someone thinks he is a dude. But if he ends up getting a 3rd - yeah - there is no way to chalk that up than teams just thinking he's a mediocre starter worth taking a chance at given his physical tools.  

Doesn't mean the league is right or wrong - he could use it as extra edge and turn into something, but nothing on film passing wise and progression wise over past 3 years show him getting the ball out faster and more on script.  It basically shows him being the same player from year 2 to year 3 and that is a player who flashes greatness off script but is very much not great during the game and who wilts in the 4th quarter.  

exactly

6 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If Poles is not talking trades for Justin, then you're not getting any offers. When Caleb blew off the medicals and Poles had no choice but to keep Justin as a option. No one considers a draftee without the medicals. They might be probable in drafting Williams but ain't letting Justin go until they know that.

How would it look if Poles traded Justin and then it comes out that Caleb has some medical problems. Not a good look. 

Just now, Stinger226 said:

If Poles is not talking trades for Justin, then you're not getting any offers. When Caleb blew off the medicals and Poles had no choice but to keep Justin as a option. No one considers a draftee without the medicals. They might be probable in drafting Williams but ain't letting Justin go until they know that.

LOL Imagine thinking you have a franchise QB but now youre gonna keep Fields because you have to wait a month for medicals on a guy whos never been injured.

Some people just dont know how the world works.

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

How would it look if Poles traded Justin and then it comes out that Caleb has some medical problems. Not a good look. 

If Caleb had a bunch of injuries during college - sure, the medicals would be critical.  The meds aren't holding up the Bears - especially not when you have a couple QB's all out there.  I'm not saying they couldn't look at his meds and be thrown off - anything is possible - but that isn't stopping Bears from doing what they do with Field(s).  And the whole league knows Field(s) is available.  And even if Poles weren't taking calls - that doesn't stop someone from asking.  I am sure Washington and other teams have asked about #1 - they have probably gotten a pretty good feel for - oh man, they aren't budging (or if they are - they had an ask for something so unrealistic it basically implies the pick isn't available (something like 5 or 6 FRP's or something absurd).  

15 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

LOL Imagine thinking you have a franchise QB but now youre gonna keep Fields because you have to wait a month for medicals on a guy whos never been injured.

Some people just dont know how the world works.

He had two injuries last year. One kept him from playing in the Bowl game. It may be a stretch saying he has never been injured. The other one was a thumb injury that he played thru. Some people don't do research.

16 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If Caleb had a bunch of injuries during college - sure, the medicals would be critical.  The meds aren't holding up the Bears - especially not when you have a couple QB's all out there.  I'm not saying they couldn't look at his meds and be thrown off - anything is possible - but that isn't stopping Bears from doing what they do with Field(s).  And the whole league knows Field(s) is available.  And even if Poles weren't taking calls - that doesn't stop someone from asking.  I am sure Washington and other teams have asked about #1 - they have probably gotten a pretty good feel for - oh man, they aren't budging (or if they are - they had an ask for something so unrealistic it basically implies the pick isn't available (something like 5 or 6 FRP's or something absurd).  

100% and it wouldnt stop GMs from giving their opinions too, and around the league that is that Justin isnt good.

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He had two injuries last year. One kept him from playing in the Bowl game. It may be a stretch saying he has never been injured. The other one was a thumb injury that he played thru. Some people don't do research.

he had a hamstring in 2022 - thats not a concern, nor is it anything that w0uld show up on a medical.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

he had a hamstring in 2022 - thats not a concern, nor is it anything that w0uld show up on a medical.

The top CB in this draft has a Jones fracture that was discovered at the combine never reported before. I have no idea what that is. No GM is drafting a player without doing the medicals. I'm not pretending there is some secret injury its just common sense to get the medicals when your job us on the line with the choices you make.

Some reports have Williams meeting with the Bears here after the March 20th Pro Day at USC. That is when he will be expected to submit medicals. Supposedly his camp thinks it makes no sense to share medical info with teams that won't have a chance to draft him. Its unprecedented but, I understand the thinking.

6 minutes ago, lemonej said:

Some reports have Williams meeting with the Bears here after the March 20th Pro Day at USC. That is when he will be expected to submit medicals. Supposedly his camp thinks it makes no sense to share medical info with teams that won't have a chance to draft him. Its unprecedented but, I understand the thinking.

Yeah - I can't argue keeping personal info more private. Why give it to 32 teams when maybe 3-5 have a chance at getting you.  

11 minutes ago, lemonej said:

The only problem was we were the most likely team to draft Caleb, yet he blew us off for two weeks. It's a short trip from Indy to Chicago. He's trying to control everything which may be a red flag.

10 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Yeah - I can't argue keeping personal info more private. Why give it to 32 teams when maybe 3-5 have a chance at getting you.  

I don't understand it.  Every team in the NFL can trade for him.  I found it stupid from true beginning.  At the combine, 4 medical teams evaluate you, then it's over.  He chooses to have it done numerous separate times, which I would find overwhelming.

2 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I don't understand it.  Every team in the NFL can trade for him.  I found it stupid from true beginning.  At the combine, 4 medical teams evaluate you, then it's over.  He chooses to have it done numerous separate times, which I would find overwhelming.

I think he will just submit the standard medical report - which is all that happens at the combine, so I think this is more just him limiting the info and how widely it is shared.  

26 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

california is a 'smokey' state.

hmmmm