The Earth is Flat

killakrzydav

12 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Well, Hondo Carpenter, I know when I owned my hobby store, if someone came into my store to purchase a collectible that I had priced at 1,000.00 and he offered me 500.00, I would politely reject the lowball.

I've said repeatedly that I am tired of the Bears giving players away in trades while other teams get great returns.

If Poles didn't get a proper bid, one that he felt was fair for the Bears, I applaud him for not accepting.

I have no doubt that next year the FA market will not have as many quality options for QB needy teams.

If he cannot get good value this year, keep him.

12 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Well, Hondo Carpenter, I know when I owned my hobby store, if someone came into my store to purchase a collectible that I had priced at 1,000.00 and he offered me 500.00, I would politely reject the lowball.

I've said repeatedly that I am tired of the Bears giving players away in trades while other teams get great returns.

If Poles didn't get a proper bid, one that he felt was fair for the Bears, I applaud him for not accepting.

I have no doubt that next year the FA market will not have as many quality options for QB needy teams.

If he cannot get good value this year, keep him.

Well said and I ageee Pix.  I wonder if behind the scenes Poles never really wanted to trade JF but wanted to put up appearances to help drive the market for #1?  Not all that long ago many here and several “expert pundits” were speculating Justin might be had for a 1st or very worst 3rd round pick. And now, it would seem “no one wants him” is the new flag to bear.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Like I said in an earlier post, the lying season is indelibly strong this year.  

18 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Like I said in an earlier post, the lying season is indelibly strong this year.  

There could also be a scenario that we keep Fields and draft Caleb.  People initially stated that it would be a tough locker room to win with Justin in it.  Now, of it's true that Fields has lite market value, Poles can have a frank conversation with Justin about what his role is.  "You're going to be the starter next season until Caleb is ready.  If you believe you are a franchise QB you have at least six weeks to audition and prove it."  Trade deadline comes and we may decide to trade Caleb if Justin transcends.  Win win, either way it goes.

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

There could also be a scenario that we keep Fields and draft Caleb.  People initially stated that it would be a tough locker room to win with Justin in it.  Now, of it's true that Fields has lite market value, Poles can have a frank conversation with Justin about what his role is.  "You're going to be the starter next season until Caleb is ready.  If you believe you are a franchise QB you have at least six weeks to audition and prove it."  Trade deadline comes and we may decide to trade Caleb if Justin transcends.  Win win, either way it goes.

As awkward a scenario as that could be I wouldn’t totally hate it.  As it stands right now, the Bears only have 5 picks in the draft. I’d prefer they have more.  But this might be the compromise we all end up having to accept. 

I think it would be a mistake, but as long as you draft Caleb, it's not a fatal mistake. I could live with it. I just think it will make problems.

I've surely been saying, I dont like Fields as a QB and I dont want him on the team, but it isnt getting rid of Fields that is so necessary, it's getting that rookie QB that is.

I still dont think they keep Fields, but as long as they draft that guy, fine.

Thanks to the other 10 people on this site that lend support to Justin and just don't accept the media frenzy that Williams is Mahones 2.0

For the 5000th time, I will support Williams if Poles says he is the man. I'm not doing  it because media says it's a fact. They are wrong a lot. 

Someone suggested a Justin rating. Mine is a 6. Worth dating but haven't decided if I want to marry yet. 

Justin was the 11th ranked QB over his last 7 games, that's not tier one but its not backup QB either.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I dont want the Bears to take Caleb because of the media LOL It's because I watched him play. He's great - I'd love to have a great QB.

Once again Im not speaking about you. 99% of my responses are to media posts, I don't really care what you think. Nothing personal meant.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Once again Im not speaking about you. 99% of my responses are to media posts, I don't really care what you think. Nothing personal meant.

Oh I thought this was a threaded group discussion. So much to learn!