Bears trade for Keenan Allen WR

ASHKUM BEAR

41 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

We only have 4 draft picks. He will absolutely get more. It increases the chances of his first round picks being traded. 

There you go, acting like it's absolute.  If you wonder why you take so much crap, there it is...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

There you go, acting like it's absolute.  If you wonder why you take so much crap, there it is...

That's my opinion. That means I 100 % thinks he will get more picks. You make statements like that all the time, why is that a problem ? You don't think so?

I'm A gambler, if you disagree 20? 100? That's how sure I am. I'll send the money to Adam to handle it.

I'd take that Bet too that he will get more picks in the draft.  Hell, he might trade another before the draft. One thing I am sure of is that he has hit some homerson some of these pick trades. Y'all know using a draft pick to trade for a player is still, technically, building through the draft.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

That's my opinion. That means I 100 % thinks he will get more picks. You make statements like that all the time, why is that a problem ? You don't think so?

I'm A gambler, if you disagree 20? 100? That's how sure I am. I'll send the money to Adam to handle it.

Show me where I make absolutes.  I'm begging you...

I only make opinions. Most of this board only makes opinions. I, personally, have been trying to bring more information to this site that I literally jack off another site so we have actual real information instead of all of our opinions.

We need to settle down Men and remember that we are all Bears Brothers. (Except that chick with the nice tits!) It's a divided time in our fandom but again men, settle down and allow your fellow posters to have an opinion. To mush back and forth with one another IMO.  Bring some substance to the table so we can help grow this site. Pix has a hard enough job as it is keeping this bitch up and running.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I absolutely never speak in absolutes!

Also, I think there's a decent chance we make picks at #1 and #9

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Show me where I make absolutes.  I'm begging you...

What came to mind was someone reported that Schefter said the Bears were trying to trade Justin and I said no one has access to Poles and what he's doing. I said I wasn't buying it. 

You said( not word for word) c'mon man everyone knows Scheftner and Rapoport are insiders and have sources.  That seems like an absolute to me?

I'm try to find the posters get it word for word but haven't found it yet.

We now have 4 weapons that  all have low drop rates. all are lower than 6% . Some QB is going to have a Bastille Day throwing to that group. The OL has depth, and a strong running game. This offense is going to hit the ground running.  

Allen turned down restructuring his contract and that is why he got traded. He could be a one and done here because I don't think Poles is giving him big money with an extension.

That's why we're getting a top WR early  to work with Allen and DJ and breakout his second year. 

12 hours ago, jason said:

I don’t buy that. All the draft pundits change their minds after getting their panties moist during the regular season. By the end of the year they’ll have 3-4 they think are “sure fire starters,” and maybe one that’s a “generational talent.”

That last “bad QB draft” where teams talked themselves into there being starters was 2022 and let’s see how that worked out:

1 (20) Kenny Pickett - Traded
3 (74) Desmond Ridder - Traded
3 (86) Malik Willis - Titans QB3
3 (94) Matt Corral - Birmingham Stallions (UFL)
4 (137) Bailey Zappe - Patriots QB2
5 (144) Sam Howell - Traded

43 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Minnesota traded with Houston to get draft capital to trade up for a QB. Does 11 and 23 plus a one next year work out in the draft value charts?

To #1 overall, yes depending on where you think their 1st Rd pick would land next year.  But there is a premium attached to moving up for a QB so they'd need to bring a little more amunition.   

Regardless my absolute 100% opinion is that there is no way Poles trades with them for #1.   Williams has the physical talent to be a very good QB but enough arrogance to think that will be handed to him.  If he's going to trade out of #1, however that plays out I don't think Poles wants to see it in his division.   

Minn knows that too so I think their thought might be to trade up for either Daniels or Maye, if not them then possibly for McCarthy.   McCarthy should be on the board for them anyway but someone can always leap frog you and trade into the 9 spot with Chicago to draft him. :) 

Also realistic is that Chicago trades to #2 and then drafts MHJr.  That pushes QBs into 3/4 and Minn might be able to trade with Arizona to #4.  

For anyone worried about Allen's age, which is a minor concern. Players 32 or older have hit 70-900 55 times since 2000. So there is an average of 2 players 32 or older hitting those totals every season. The last guys to do it were Thielen, Edelman, Fitzgerald, Smith, Boldin, Johnson, and Roddy White. 

The one thing that age doesn't account for is games played. People talk about mileage on RBs, but it is the same for any position. Allen missed some time early in his career, so he only has appeared in 139 games. So of the players with 10K receiving yards since 2000, Allen has the 4th fewest games out of 26.  Davante has 150g, Evans 154g, Julio 166g, Steve Smith had 219g, and Fitzgerald had 263g (which is insane). So it is likely that the Bears can get 2-3 good years out of Allen if they want to, without it being much more of a risk than his last season in LA.

Also, a fun fact, who do you think is taller Davante or Keenan? I was surprised to find out that Allen is an inch taller.

I liked his press conference answer about what it takes to be good on 3rd down.  He said (paraphrasing) ...knowledge, you have to know where to be and when to be there.    He's proven he can do that time and again. 

We have to draft a WR early to take advantage of the talent in this draft. Whoever that is they will have 2 excellent mentors in DJ and Keenan.       

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

To #1 overall, yes depending on where you think their 1st Rd pick would land next year.  But there is a premium attached to moving up for a QB so they'd need to bring a little more amunition.   

Regardless my absolute 100% opinion is that there is no way Poles trades with them for #1.   Williams has the physical talent to be a very good QB but enough arrogance to think that will be handed to him.  If he's going to trade out of #1, however that plays out I don't think Poles wants to see it in his division.   

Minn knows that too so I think their thought might be to trade up for either Daniels or Maye, if not them then possibly for McCarthy.   McCarthy should be on the board for them anyway but someone can always leap frog you and trade into the 9 spot with Chicago to draft him. :) 

Also realistic is that Chicago trades to #2 and then drafts MHJr.  That pushes QBs into 3/4 and Minn might be able to trade with Arizona to #4.  

Definitely adds more fire to trade back competition. Poles could move back 3 times with that first pick . Can't imagine how many bodies that nets.

13 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I liked his press conference answer about what it takes to be good on 3rd down.  He said (paraphrasing) ...knowledge, you have to know where to be and when to be there.    He's proven he can do that time and again. 

We have to draft a WR early to take advantage of the talent in this draft. Whoever that is they will have 2 excellent mentors in DJ and Keenan.       

absolutely. this is how you develop players.

from the Hill chart (if that helps)

pick #1 = 1000 points

pick #11 = 358 points
pick #23 = 245 points

together they equal 603 points

pick #2 = 717 points
pick #3 = 514 points.

From this one could guess that Minnesota is planning on trading up with NE to the 3rd pick for Jayden Daniels or JJ McCarthy. I hope it's Daniels, because while he has a gun of an arm, Daniels is a one read QB, and he's slight of build so Sweat is going to break him like a twig.

IF Minnesota wanted to get up to #2, theyd need 114 more points.

Next year's first rounder is probably worth about 130ish points, so they could reach #3 with this years picks, or Dav is right they would need to add in next years #1 to get to #2. But they'd still be nowhere near the regular value of #1 in a normal year, no less one with Williams.

• adam changed the title to Bears trade for Keenan Allen WR