Bears trade for Keenan Allen WR

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOB, Poles hits another home run in the bottom of the 7 th. Allen will be 32 , be is still productive. 108-1243-7 Even if he slows down a bit you still have a high level player.This is his last year of his contract and we will have to pay 23 mil of it. I except them to add a few years and get it down to 18 mil.A year.

Allen was never a speed guy at 4.71 forty so his game won't be as effected much by being a little slower.

Poles building through the draft (picks he trades away for veterans). 

Don’t get me wrong, I like the move, it’s just funny how he preaches building through the draft and yet so many of his moves involve  trading draft picks for veterans. 

14 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

SOB, Poles hits another home run in the bottom of the 7 th. Allen will be 32 , be is still productive. 108-1243-7 Even if he slows down a bit you still have a high level player.This is his last year of his contract and we will have to pay 23 mil of it. I except them to add a few years and get it down to 18 mil.A year.

Allen was never a speed guy at 4.71 forty so his game won't be as effected much by being a little slower.

I like Allen, but his age is a concern, and giving up another draft pick, cripes. If this keeps up, we won't need to turn in to see the Bears draft; we won't have any picks after the first round (unless his tossing picks around so freely indicates his possible trade of our first-round picks).

I don’t like it.  Way too much money and a pick.  This screams big trade down headed our way that will take us out of the MHJr range and will recoup the draft picks we’ve given up.  Now if he got LA to pay some of that salary that’d be sweet.  At 32 there isn’t really room to do anything but a one year contract extension.  Even that seems risky.  

1 minute ago, dawhizz said:

Poles building through the draft (picks he trades away for veterans). 

Don’t get me wrong, I like the move, it’s just funny how he preaches building through the draft and yet so many of his moves involve  trading draft picks for veterans. 

He will get more picks back, but uses the draft to acquire blue chip players via trades. Sweat- DJ Moore- K Allen.

2 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I don’t like it.  Way too much money and a pick.  This screams big trade down headed our way that will take us out of the MHJr range and will recoup the draft picks we’ve given up.  Now I’d he got LA to pay some of that salary that’s be sweet.  At 32 there isn’t really room to do anything but a one year contract extension.  Even that seems risky.  

Looks like they will trade back from 9 and fingers crossed more value than we think coming for Justin. 

Just now, AZ54 said:

I don’t like it.  Way too much money and a pick.  This screams big trade down headed our way that will take us out of the MHJr range and will recoup the draft picks we’ve given up.  Now I’d he got LA to pay some of that salary that’s be sweet.  At 32 there isn’t really room to do anything but a one year contract extension.  Even that seems risky.  

Risky I agree but this clearly shows he's going for it in 2024-25. That leans toward trading back with both first rounders and keeping Justin for at least one more year. He will still draft a WR but the player won't have any pressure getting use to the NFL in year one. Like you said, add one year, it falls into his window to win.

Interesting and unexpected move - Ryan Poles keeps adding talent.  Also, interesting fact is that Keenan Allen wears number 13; the same number Caleb Williams wore in college at both USC and OU.

Is Poles sending a message or playing a psychological test with Caleb; waiting to see how he reacts to the news the Bears just added a veteran pro bowler WR that happens to also wears #13?

Things are getting very interesting?

7 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Risky I agree but this clearly shows he's going for it in 2024-25. That leans toward trading back with both first rounders and keeping Justin for at least one more year. He will still draft a WR but the player won't have any pressure getting use to the NFL in year one. Like you said, add one year, it falls into his window to win.

I'm not a big fan of trading back from 9 because it takes you out of the range of the blue chip players and you don't get but one decent pick in exchange.   Trade 9/13 and get a mid 3rd Rd pick.    Trade 9/20 and you can get a 2nd Rd pick plus maybe a 4th but that's a huge drop in talent.   The money ball is all about moving out of #1 and I think I'm one of just 3 fans here that would gladly do that.  

18 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He will get more picks back, but uses the draft to acquire blue chip players via trades. Sweat- DJ Moore- K Allen.

Chase Claypool, Ryan Bates, N’Keal Harry. 

4 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Chase Claypool, Ryan Bates, N’Keal Harry. 

He has fails, it didn't stop him from hitting a home run. Ryan Bates will contribute more than any 5 th round pick will. Remains to be seen if that's a bad move.

Day 3 picks can come and go all day long.  Getting a quality backup in Bates is good value and not something we're going to find in the 5th Rd of the draft.     N'Keal Harry was for a future 2024 7th Rd pick.  Those are likely practice squad players and unfortunately that's all Harry turned out to be.  You can easily find similar talent in UDFAs so no real loss of value iMO.   Claypool sucked and that trade was stinking pile of guano.     

8 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I'm not a big fan of trading back from 9 because it takes you out of the range of the blue chip players and you don't get but one decent pick in exchange.   Trade 9/13 and get a mid 3rd Rd pick.    Trade 9/20 and you can get a 2nd Rd pick plus maybe a 4th but that's a huge drop in talent.   The money ball is all about moving out of #1 and I think I'm one of just 3 fans here that would gladly do that.  

We need to see what he does with it. If he ends up with Brian Thomas and Jared Verse, I'm not complaining. Plus several 2 and round picks.

My first blush on this reminds me of the time Victor Cruz signing with the Bears and never playing...until I looked at his stats.  

Last year Allen:  (13 games)  150 targets 108 REC for 1,243 yds (11.5 avg) and 7TDs  

Last year Moore: (17 games)  136 targets 96 REC for 1,364 yds (14.2 avg) and 8 TDs

Allen made the Pro Bowl....Moore did not.  

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

My first blush on this reminds me of the time Victor Cruz signing with the Bears and never playing...until I looked at his stats.  

Last year Allen:  (13 games)  150 targets 108 REC for 1,243 yds (11.5 avg) and 7TDs  

Last year Moore: (17 games)  136 targets 96 REC for 1,364 yds (14.2 avg) and 8 TDs

Allen made the Pro Bowl....Moore did not.  

The dude is a stud - older - but a legit stud wide out. This means Bears traded down one spot - Eagles got Jalen Carter, Bears got Wright and Keenan Allen. 

2 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

JCJ is a blue chip player. He’d be a great trade back target. So is Newton. Trading to 15 or 17 would be wise.

What is there about Jerzan Newton at 6'2" and 32" arms that stands out as a top 20 pick?  When I watch his highlights he seems a lot closer to Will Sutton than Aaron Donald.   it's not that I think Newton isn't a good prospect but I don't see him winning with elite quickness off the snap ala Tommie Harris or Aaron Donald.  When he doesn't win off the snap he's athletic enough to get to edge of blockers and then get upfield but will that work as well in the NFL with short arms?  As Aaron Donald has lost some of his initial quickness he's had more trouble defending the run.  If Newton is already in that slower category then he becomes more of a situational pass rusher and I'm not comfortable with that floor as a 1st Rd pick.    Seems Newton didn't want to or couldn't work out at the combine so we'll see what his numbers are at his pro day.  

I still like Ruke Orhorhoro who lacks technique but has really good tools to be a 3-tech as a day 2 prospect, at 6'4". 34" arms, and his 1.67s 10yd split shows he has some burst.  I think I'm just going to call him Scooby.  Say his last name fast and you tell me?  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/01/17/ruke-orhorhoro-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024

"Orhorhoro projects as a disruptive 3-technique, single-gap defensive tackle. He is an impact player on the defensive line. There’s more room for Orhorhoro to grow and develop his game. He possesses the overall skill set to be a potential three-down defender. I view Baltimore Ravens IDL Justin Madubuike as his ceiling."

25 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

The reality is this is like a 14 receiver draft. There’s tons of solid wrs after the top three that I’d love to have

I agree, and even with Keenan Allen in house I still prefer to draft 2 WRs in the top 100.   I still want one of the top 3.  

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

This is not a guy running a 4.7 forty.  He's not a 4.4 forty either but there are plenty of flashes where DBs aren't catching him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFUNDOaGhk

• adam changed the title to Bears trade for Keenan Allen WR