USC pro day

50england50

I can't believe we are discussing mannerisms of the HC.  Flus has said or done nothing to show he doesn't command respect. I've had demonstrative leaders and quiet leaders.  What makes a leader a good leader is someone that understands the objective.  Knowing how to accomplish the objective. Making the proper decisions to achieve the objective.  Wishy washy doesn't work.  None of us knows what happens at Halas Hall and from the looks of it, we never will.  I do know that Pat McAfee said that Flus and his leadership style was loved and missed in Indy. Time will tell, but I think Flus gives respect on public and commands respect in private.  Poles and Flus have earned my trust.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of Flus' appearance and demeanor is media driven. I would probably have odd body postures or looks if cameras were on me all day long too. Hell, I would probably be fired after the first day.

Some people are uncomfortable in public, no big deal. I go by how I see his players interact with him. When it was announced that JJ was all pro , he called him in the conference room to go over film. He had a video made announcing he was chosen all pro. It surprised JJ and a bunch of people came in to congratulation him. That's the kind of respect they have for each other. Poles kept Flus because his players believe in him. Nagy is gone because his players gave up on him, that's not happening with Flus.