Packers @ Bears, 12/23/07

balta1701-A

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh tough...unlike Cedric "2 yards fall over" Benson..... <_>

he fell over because all the wholes were clogged up and went for the only yards he, or any other runningback in the NFL if they were playing behind this line, could get.

I would personally like to evaluate Benson as a RB behind a good OL before I chose to put him in the same class as Enis or Salaam.

You may be right, Benson may = Enis &/or Salaam.

However, I do not know if we can make that evaluation on the basis of what we saw this year. I doubt ANY RB in the NFL would have had great numbers behind the OL play we saw this year.

I also must say I do not want to gamble another year if he proves to be ineffective behind a good OL (assuming we can get our OL in order before next season).

Therefore I am one hoping we can bring in another RB to give us a viable option in case you are right. Personally, depending on the $$$ involved, I would love to see M Turner in a Bears uniform next year. Benson is a power runner between the tackles (when there is a hole to hit). Turner has great speed. It would be a great combination.

QB Rex Grossman (3rd QB), CB Nathan Vasher, SAF Josh Gattis, LB Lance Briggs, G Josh Beekman, WR Mike Haas, DE Mark Anderson, NT Darwin Walker

Hard to have a lot of faith in a defense missing Vasher, Briggs, Anderson, and Walker, though it might be good to get a long look at Jamar Williams (who I assume will be taking Briggs' place) and another look at the DTs.

I really think Enis has to be seperated out from Salaam. Enis appeared to be breaking through and than had a disasterous injury to his leg/knee that he could never recover from (IIRC, he was looking towards having about 3 straight 100 yard games and had really been showing signs prior to ripping his knee). Salaam on the other hand had his strong rookie season, let the success get to his head, smoked too much dope, and turned into a turd who couldn't hold onto the football.

I agree with what you said Pix, Benson definitely deserves a shot behind a decent line. Given the way the line has played this year I think Tom Brady and Ladamian Tomilson would have had trouble suceeding in Chicago.

This is going to be a fun game. It is snowing with winds expected to be as hard as 50MPH. This is what I'm talking about. I'm going to take great pleasure going to a Packers bar today to see the Bears find a way to sweep the season series and give themselves something positive to think about going into next season.

QB Rex Grossman (3rd QB), CB Nathan Vasher, SAF Josh Gattis, LB Lance Briggs, G Josh Beekman, WR Mike Haas, DE Mark Anderson, NT Darwin Walker

Hard to have a lot of faith in a defense missing Vasher, Briggs, Anderson, and Walker, though it might be good to get a long look at Jamar Williams (who I assume will be taking Briggs' place) and another look at the DTs.

I'd like to see what Mike Hass can do. But, they'd rather watch garbage like Bradley.

I agree with what you said Pix, Benson definitely deserves a shot behind a decent line. Given the way the line has played this year I think Tom Brady and Ladamian Tomilson would have had trouble suceeding in Chicago.

More and more excuses for Benson.

More and more excuses for Benson.

Its not an excuse. He didn't play well this season, but he was better than the other two guys that have ran the ball this season in Chicago. Plus you have to look at how the Oline did and it was horrid. I didn't see him not making plays when he had good blocks. In fact, any time the blocking was decent he looked pretty good.

I also absolutely hated the play calling as it never allowed Benson to get into any sort of rhythm. Turner was horrendous this year and put Benson/Grossman and the entire offense in positions to fail rather succeed. The oline did more of the same. Every player has plenty to blame on themselves as well because aside from maybe Desmond Clark everyone on offense can say they could have done things better (maybe Olsen too cause he's been pretty solid for a rook).

I just hope that the Pack realize that they are still in a fight for home field through out. I just think that this game will not even be close and that Brett is going to have another incredible day against us like so many times before. I unfortunately see this being something like 37 to 10 if we're even that lucky. I really hope that we are able to pin loss #3 on the Pack however, they are playing a lot better then they did on October 7th. More losses definitely improves the draft pick and we needs lots of help!!!!!!

I have yet to give up on Bradley. I want to see him get more reps first. He looked awesome in his rookie season before injury. He then had problems staying healthy. He seems to have shaken that problem but has never had the chance, IMO, to try and re-establish himself on the field. Haas & Bradley could both give us some hope in the future at the WR spot. We will never know if not given a chance.

What the heck is going on? From a fantasy site I frequest, todays inactives for the Bears:

December 23, 2007, 12:05 ET

Chicago Inactives

Summary: QB Rex Grossman, WR Mike Hass, OL Josh Beekman, DE Mark Anderson, DT

Darwin Walker, LB Lance Briggs, CB Nathan Vasher, S Josh Gattis

I do not understand, Vasher is back on list? Haas? I was hoping to see him get some reps. M Anderson & Briggs? What the heck is going on??

Gotta like the first drive. If we can control the ball and the clock like that the entire game we will win this game!!

Yes, I liked the ball control and the pick up of 3rd downs, except for the final one. But I'll wait and see how the adjustments go down for the Puckers and Turner before I get excited about this one.