Packers @ Bears, 12/23/07

balta1701-A

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the camp that thinks Rex sucks, so I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

Orton was definitely solid today. I hope he has another good game and Rex/Kyle can battle things out. The only way I wouldn't have a problem bringing in another QB is if it was McNabb and the cap cost would be equal or similar to what the Bears paid Griese/Grossman this year (because in that case you could have Mcnabb/Orton at the same price as Grossman/Griese and you could obviously make a major case for McNabb being a hell of a lot better than Rex/Griese).

I still think value wise, the best bet (which allows the Bears to go after safety, resign Berrian, get a big name olineman) is resigning Grossman cheap, drafting a QB in the 3rd round, and lettting KO/Rex battle it out. See what you can do with a much improved oline, an offense that focuses heavily on the run (using its play action and TE's to give a lot of high percentage passes, plus Berrians speed on the ocassional deep route/deep crossing pattern with Hester utilized in the slot) and I think the team would have more than enough capabilities of being a CONSISTENT offense (not a great offense, but a consistently solid to good offense).

Orton was definitely solid today. I hope he has another good game and Rex/Kyle can battle things out. The only way I wouldn't have a problem bringing in another QB is if it was McNabb and the cap cost would be equal or similar to what the Bears paid Griese/Grossman this year (because in that case you could have Mcnabb/Orton at the same price as Grossman/Griese and you could obviously make a major case for McNabb being a hell of a lot better than Rex/Griese).

I still think value wise, the best bet (which allows the Bears to go after safety, resign Berrian, get a big name olineman) is resigning Grossman cheap, drafting a QB in the 3rd round, and lettting KO/Rex battle it out. See what you can do with a much improved oline, an offense that focuses heavily on the run (using its play action and TE's to give a lot of high percentage passes, plus Berrians speed on the ocassional deep route/deep crossing pattern with Hester utilized in the slot) and I think the team would have more than enough capabilities of being a CONSISTENT offense (not a great offense, but a consistently solid to good offense).

2 points:

1. I don't think Rex will want to come back here, why would he? He has got to be the most villified person in Chicago sports history.

2. Rex is just too incosistent to play on this team. He has shown zero improvement in pocket presence (he actually regressed) and he still runs backwards to avoid the rush (I HATE that). I think that getting a FA QB to battle Kyle and Brian (Yes, an Orton homer I may be, but I want an actual competition this training camp). There will be some solid guys available this offseason, and with an improved OL we may actually resemble an NFL offense...

I too am a fan of Grossman,but Orton is doing a great job......to tell you the truth I really dont care if its Grossman or Orton behind center as long as we win.

I don't know that I'd say Ortone was doing a 'great' job, but he did well at managing the game today and completing some passes when he had to, particularly on that first drive. And I agree Adibear, it doesn't matter who the QB is, as long as there is a W at the end of the game.

Damn, the game I just had to miss and we crush Greenbay.. What was the game like? I don't feel like reading this whole thread. Can someone sum up how everyone played?

Weather was the 12th man for the Bears. It affected Green Bay much more than the Bears. GB had 4 fumbles, lost none, and 2 Interceptions thrown, even though it could've been 4 or 5.

Orton wasn't great, but didn't make any game changing mistakes (see Grossman). Peterson ran for over 100, and did well under the conditions.

GB had one long run (66 yards) for their only score. Fairly even game at half.

The Bears blocked 2 punts, one returned for a TD. Urlacher also had an INT TD return late in the game for another. By then the game was out of reach anyway.

You're the same person that thinks Benson is good and also thinks Orton is a #1 QB.

When it comes to football knowledge, you have NONE.

ooh, the petty insult really hurts me... I could throw insults at you, but I won't stoop that low.

Weather was the 12th man for the Bears. It affected Green Bay much more than the Bears. GB had 4 fumbles, lost none, and 2 Interceptions thrown, even though it could've been 4 or 5.

Orton wasn't great, but didn't make any game changing mistakes (see Grossman). Peterson ran for over 100, and did well under the conditions.

GB had one long run (66 yards) for their only score. Fairly even game at half.

The Bears blocked 2 punts, one returned for a TD. Urlacher also had an INT TD return late in the game for another. By then the game was out of reach anyway.

Thank you for the wrap up :D

You're the same person that thinks Benson is good and also thinks Orton is a #1 QB.

ooh, the petty insult really hurts me... I could throw insults at you, but I won't stoop that low.

Both of you need to stop the petty, girl-like bickering.

Brilliant game to watch

Is there any doubt that we have the top ST unit in the league. Green Bay should be looking for a new punter this week.

Orton played well for how little he was asked to do. Nice TD to Clark should have had one to Moose.

AP! Was I the only one grumbling at the amount of carries where he got nothin?

Still nothin from Bradley? But then again none of our receivers done much.

Sweet catch & run by Wolfe on the screen.

Urlacher had a good game sweet INT TD.

I don't think we ever said we think Benson is good, but you can't tell when he doesn't have an O-Line. You can get LT on this team and he would do just a little better then what Benson did.

Therefore, we do have football knowledge. Good bye now.

Without really thinking about it, Steve Bartman is much more villified.

Maybe, but I don't think so...Bartman is hated by Cub fans only, us Sox fans could care less. Grossman on the other hand is on a team the whole city roots for. I have never seen/heard this much negativity about 1 player ever.

Maybe, but I don't think so...Bartman is hated by Cub fans only, us Sox fans could care less. Grossman on the other hand is on a team the whole city roots for. I have never seen/heard this much negativity about 1 player ever.

Bartman has literally no positive support (except from Sox fans, but really, I'm a Sox fan and I could care less about Bartman and the Cubs). Meanwhile, there are still Grossman fans out there (hell, I'm one of them :P).

I think Rex Grossman is great. The BEARS made a mistake giving up on this guy so early in the season. Grossman, as young as he is, took us all the way to the SuperBowl last year and everyone in the NFL media was still talking smack about him.

Grossman gets blamed for everthing. He's used as a scapegoat. But he's better than any other QB on the Bears.

How many times does Grossman throw awesome passes that just bounce off the recievers' chests or shoulder pads!? Our recievers should learn how to catch before we start pulling GrossMan out of the game.

I think our offensive running game is so much worse than last year. AND THAT is the major factor and difference between this year and last. Of course our defense isn't as good as last year but how could it be? Last year, defensively we had a year that we cannot realistically have expected to match. It was superb!

And whoever mentioned throwing the last games of the season for a better draft pick, thats completely ignorant. Every game I expect my team to go out there and play for pride regardless of playoff eligibility. AND BEATING THE CHEESEHEADS FEELS GOOD! Bret Favre is overrated. Finally the packers have a good season in 10 years and all i hear is cornball announcers saying ooooooooh he's the greatest kissing his sorry ass. The Bears stomped the Packers twice this year. And our defense played the largest factor.

face it, Grossman is not good. How many times has he completely choked? How many times has he thrown easy touchdowns to the other team? How many times do we need to see his inconsistent play to finally realize he isn't the answer?

face it, Grossman is not good. How many times has he completely choked? How many times has he thrown easy touchdowns to the other team? How many times do we need to see his inconsistent play to finally realize he isn't the answer?

How come no matter who youre talking to or no matter what its about you always manage to throw in, face it, Grossman sucks. Listen, we know your opinion on the guy, and believe me, its an opinion. But youre beating a dead horse, we get it, you dont like him. Everything you post is getting more and more like Chitownmans.

Funny, I thought you were a fan of his.