* - - Official 2024 Draft Day Thread - - *

adam

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, adam said:

We are 5 days away from getting the best QB prospect we have ever had since Sid Luckman.

I am pinning this thread for Thursday's discussion. 

Let's start a fight about whether Caleb is better than Luckman! LOL

Seriously, this is an amazing time for us, our future is ascending, and that direction should continue to increase for several years. It's a good time to be a Bears fan!

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Let's start a fight about whether Caleb is better than Luckman! LOL

Seriously, this is an amazing time for us, our future is ascending, and that direction should continue to increase for several years. It's a good time to be a Bears fan!

We have had our hopes up and have been let down so many times. However, this time is so different. There is zero correlation between past regimes and Poles and Co. Trubisky's play has nothing to do with Caleb Williams. 

To top off this day, the Bears still have their own 1st rounder, who would be the talk of the class. Now that guy is just icing on the cake. I am good with Edge, DT, OT, or WR there.

26 minutes ago, adam said:

We have had our hopes up and have been let down so many times. However, this time is so different. There is zero correlation between past regimes and Poles and Co. Trubisky's play has nothing to do with Caleb Williams. 

To top off this day, the Bears still have their own 1st rounder, who would the talk of the class. Now that guy is just icing on the cake. I am good with Edge, DT, OT, or WR there.

well said. It really does feel different. It is all fitting together, the timing of the rest of the roster etc. Poles obviously had a plan and stuck to it with discipline.

and I think we are all expecting DL, OL or WR, but I suppose Brock Bowers is in there somewhere too as a wild card.

Cant wait to see who it is - and while I dont have any clue who it will be, the guy at pick 75 could be exciting too.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

well said. It really does feel different. It is all fitting together, the timing of the rest of the roster etc. Poles obviously had a plan and stuck to it with discipline.

and I think we are all expecting DL, OL or WR, but I suppose Brock Bowers is in there somewhere too as a wild card.

Cant wait to see who it is - and while I dont have any clue who it will be, the guy at pick 75 could be exciting too.

It's arguably a no-lose situation, which is rare. I think there are going to be a lot of teams wanting to move up for a QB. MIN at 11, DEN at 12, LV at 13, NO at 14, and technically PIT at 20 all could be looking to move up into the top 10 for a QB. That helps the Bears as that would allow more players to be there at 9. We know 3 QBs will be gone, but there is a chance that a 4th goes in the top 8. I bet someone jumps MIN and grabs the 4th QB before they can at 11. 

This is going to be an exciting draft, even after the #1 pick. The suspense of the top 8 playing out live is going to be crazy. Then what do the Bears do at 9.

1 hour ago, adam said:

This is going to be an exciting draft, even after the #1 pick. The suspense of the top 8 playing out live is going to be crazy. Then what do the Bears do at 9.

yeah, it's going to be a lot of fun. I will be glued to the TV.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah, it's going to be a lot of fun. I will be glued to the TV.

In Thailand until May 1 , so normally I wouldn't be able to watch the draft but I just bought a box that literally lets me watch any TV program or streaming service in the USA free. I'm sure somewhere in sorted copyright laws it's illegal. I'll have to live with the shame.

As far as the draft we all have preferences but I will trust Poles to do what's best for the Bears. 1 + 9 are no brainers who ever we get so what can we get at 75?

The strength of the draft is WR and OL. I think CB is rated high to. The first two picks will be starters at some point this year but 75 and 122 will be looked at as contributors and potential starters down the road.

Using GBNdraft report big board. 250 strong. Here is 10 back and 10 forward from that pick.

65) Bralen Trice/DE

68) Roman Wilson/WR

70) Cooper Beebe/OG

71) Brandon Dorlus/DE

75) Luke McCaffrey/WR

79) Mo Kamara/DE

82) Kiran Amedgadjie/ OT

So who you taking?

If we took a DE at 9, Roman Wilson

If we took a WR at 9 Bralen Trice

I have read so called Bear fans comments on several other pages Sports Mockery, Bearswire, Windy City Gridiron etc. and I have never seen a more negative group. There are still fans expecting Poles to trade the top pick for a draft haul. I can't help but laugh.

This is one of the most unique draft scenario of my lifetime. Never have the Bears had a chance to draft the consensus number one QB and get a player with the confidence that Caleb Williams has. The only Bears QB I remember this confident was Jim McMahon. I'm all in and will cheer like Hell for this QB just like the rest.

2 hours ago, lemonej said:

I have read so called Bear fans comments on several other pages Sports Mockery, Bearswire, Windy City Gridiron etc. and I have never seen a more negative group. There are still fans expecting Poles to trade the top pick for a draft haul. I can't help but laugh.

This is one of the most unique draft scenario of my lifetime. Never have the Bears had a chance to draft the consensus number one QB and get a player with the confidence that Caleb Williams has. The only Bears QB I remember this confident was Jim McMahon. I'm all in and will cheer like Hell for this QB just like the rest.

amen. If Poles doesnt take Williams, he wont be in his job in two years. If he was considering not taking Williams, he would play this differently.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I think part of Caleb's confidence is the fact that the Bears already told him they are drafting him #1. You can see how relaxed he is in that interview. 

I heard he has regular conversations with the team already trying to get him up to speed with the offense. Or if was some players.

3 hours ago, dawhizz said:

The noise about the Bears consideringByron Murphy at 9 feels a lot like the noise this time last year about Darnell Wright. 

I don't think anyone knows what Poles has in mind. For the last two years no-one has got it right. 

A surprise for me would be to move back and draft JPJ  in the late teens getting  two extra picks. 

5 hours ago, dawhizz said:

The noise about the Bears consideringByron Murphy at 9 feels a lot like the noise this time last year about Darnell Wright. 

I seen that and as long as he gets a guy that can take over games, I am happy. Or a guy that can shut down someone, like Wright. Dexter in the future should be able to play both interior positions. 

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think anyone knows what Poles has in mind. For the last two years no-one has got it right. 

Not entirely correct.  Some of us had Darnell Wright as the target.   All the glory goes to the dice that I rolled.  

3 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Not entirely correct.  Some of us had Darnell Wright as the target.   All the glory goes to the dice that I rolled.  

I'm speaking in a general sense, of course some individuals picked right but as a community they had us taking Carter . 

What they do at 9 is dependent on pretty much every pick from 2-8. It would be amazing if ATL got docked their 1st rounder for tampering with Cousins, which could move the Bears to #8. No team would benefit more from an ATL docked pick than the Bears. 9 to 8 would be the biggest draft value bump (equivalent of a late 4th rounder). 

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

lol well roll em again, because you nailed it!

2 hours ago, adam said:

What they do at 9 is dependent on pretty much every pick from 2-8. It would be amazing if ATL got docked their 1st rounder for tampering with Cousins, which could move the Bears to #8. No team would benefit more from an ATL docked pick than the Bears. 9 to 8 would be the biggest draft value bump (equivalent of a late 4th rounder). 

that would be the cherry on top of the sundae that's been unfolding since last years' draft when we traded out of #1 with Carolina. It's been a series of unlikely events that have led us to what could well be the redemption and resurgence of the Bears as a championship caliber team!

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic