* - - Official 2024 Draft Day Thread - - *

adam

I would have no problem with any blue chip player we get at 9. Since we don't have control over the picks in front of us, having Rome be the pick is premature but glad to see Caleb taking an interest in who we might get.

Watched a Greg Gabriel barroom video and he said he hasn't talked to Poles but two GMs from other teams that said the Bears are looking to trade back. That's a logical choice being we only have 4 picks. Of course that may depend on who's on the board. We don't know of any details so probably doesn't matter. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, adam said:

What they do at 9 is dependent on pretty much every pick from 2-8. It would be amazing if ATL got docked their 1st rounder for tampering with Cousins, which could move the Bears to #8. No team would benefit more from an ATL docked pick than the Bears. 9 to 8 would be the biggest draft value bump (equivalent of a late 4th rounder). 

I'll say from 4/5 to 8. There is not going to be any punishment levied this close to the draft. 

My no trade Mock:

1. Caleb Williams USC QB - Both sides seemed to be locked in so much so that Caleb is on X saying he is a big fan of Rome Odunze

9. Rome Odunze Washington WR- This is the presumptive first pick's public choice but, if the top edge rusher is on the board , I'm grinding my teeth.

75. Bralen Trice Washington Edge- I like how tis player played in the CFP semifinal game against Texas putting pressure on the QB and setting the edge against the run. In the championship game it looked like Michigan schemed to minimize his production.

122. Sedrick Van Pran OC Georgia- with the moves that the Bears made in the offseason , the center position is still a mystery. So this is a pick that is insurance and long term continuity . So far Doug Kramer has not panned out

Who do you like not first round graded? Not necessarily sleepers.

At  OC) Zack Frazier--Tanor Bortonlini-- Beaux Limmer

At  WR) Ricky Pearsall--Roman Wilson's-- Luke McCaffrey--Ted Walker-- Johnny Wilson

At OL) Patrick Paul--Roger Rosengarten--Kiran Amedgadjie--Ask Zinter

At DE) Marshawn knee landmarks Isaac--Bralen Trice--No Kamara--Jonan Ellis--Jalx Hunt

At DT) Brandon cudos Jenkins--Gabe Hall

At) RB) Bucky Irving--Marshawn Lloyd--Blake Forum

At TE) Cade Stover--Theo Johnson--Tip Reiman

14 minutes ago, lemonej said:

My no trade Mock:

1. Caleb Williams USC QB - Both sides seemed to be locked in so much so that Caleb is on X saying he is a big fan of Rome Odunze

9. Rome Odunze Washington WR- This is the presumptive first pick's public choice but, if the top edge rusher is on the board , I'm grinding my teeth.

75. Bralen Trice Washington Edge- I like how tis player played in the CFP semifinal game against Texas putting pressure on the QB and setting the edge against the run. In the championship game it looked like Michigan schemed to minimize his production.

122. Sedrick Van Pran OC Georgia- with the moves that the Bears made in the offseason , the center position is still a mystery. So this is a pick that is insurance and long term continuity . So far Doug Kramer has not panned out

Van Pran won't make it to 122 but that would be a good draft.

A week or two ago I asked why Poles hasn't declared Caleb will be the first pick in the draft?  This is now the worst kept secret in the NFL especialy after watching his pre-draft press conference when he was talking about Caleb in glowing terms.  After reflecting on that a bit I now believe he's just doing this to give that moment to Caleb.  Caleb has been very clear this has been one of his goals for a long time.  IMO that's a class move by Poles not to steal the spotlight and that moment from him by making the announcement early.  

33 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

A week or two ago I asked why Poles hasn't declared Caleb will be the first pick in the draft?  This is now the worst kept secret in the NFL especialy after watching his pre-draft press conference when he was talking about Caleb in glowing terms.  After reflecting on that a bit I now believe he's just doing this to give that moment to Caleb.  Caleb has been very clear this has been one of his goals for a long time.  IMO that's a class move by Poles not to steal the spotlight and that moment from him by making the announcement early.  

I also think the NFL prefers teams to wait - even though technically the  Bears could announce they are selecting him and actually sign him to a contract before the draft.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Just knowing he is the pick takes a little of the excitement out of the draft, but then we have pick 9 and the not knowing which redeems the anticipation that you had as a child on Christmas morning. 24 hours and the excitement begins 🍻

3 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I also think the NFL prefers teams to wait - even though technically the  Bears could announce they are selecting him and actually sign him to a contract before the draft.  

Agreed, that makes for better TV.  

Someone brought up a good point, the Bears don't want to announce anything or sign him (technically they could sign him to his contract before the draft) because what if he gets in a bad car accident or something legal comes up that would make the Bears pass on him. So it makes sense to wait until the actual draft to make the selection. 

About 9 hours to go......

I am still stuck between Fashanu and Odunze at #9. I truly dont know which is better - they're both great and each would help a lot.

I will be happy of both are available ay #9 and Poles gets his choice.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I am still stuck between Fashanu and Odunze at #9. I truly dont know which is better - they're both great and each would help a lot.

I will be happy of both are available ay #9 and Poles gets his choice.

If Fashanu is starting LT caliber there is no contest you take him.  From some of the film I’ve seen I have my doubts about his movement skills but he’s also really young.   Poles will also likely have given him the same workout treatment he gave to Darnell Wright.  

34 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

If Fashanu is starting LT caliber there is no contest you take him.  From some of the film I’ve seen I have my doubts about his movement skills but he’s also really young.   Poles will also likely have given him the same workout treatment he gave to Darnell Wright.  

A few draft profilers have said they seen him playing RT , forgot the reasoning involved with that, but if you have any question on where he plays, don't take him.

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic