Anyone miss Brigg's today?

AZ54

I heard that Briggs pulled himself from today. Can anyone confirm??? If true, I want him gone. Tommie Harris has played 3/4 of the season on one leg. If Briggs sat himself to protect for further injury, then screw him.

Peace

If that is the case. One of a few things occurred. One, he was told that the Bears are not re-signing him (Outpriced himself with Pro Bowl selection). Two, his agent advised him not to risk injury this late in the season. Three, he really was hurt and was held out as a precaution.

I think the key will be next week. If he doesn't play again, he will have played his last snap in a Bears uniform.

Not for how much he wants. If Williams does that again next week, Briggs will be in another uniform next year.

I think you're living up to your moniker Prophet. If the D shows as well next week as they did today with Briggs setting out, there is no way JA will give him all the $ he wants. And it should, but won't, send a message to potential buyers that Briggs is good, but not the greatest.

A guy plays his position with all of two games of experience and what exactly was the dropoff from the "best WILL in the league"? I'm not saying Williams played as well as Briggs but it's logical to think that with a few more games experience he won't be that far behind. I didn't see enough of a dropoff today to warrant giving Briggs the big money that we can use to fix the Oline.

A guy plays his position with all of two games of experience and what exactly was the dropoff from the "best WILL in the league"? I'm not saying Williams played as well as Briggs but it's logical to think that with a few more games experience he won't be that far behind. I didn't see enough of a dropoff today to warrant giving Briggs the big money that we can use to fix the Oline.

On the Packers long run it looked like he overplayed and got swallowed up by a blocker but he certainly seems like he is on his way to replace Briggs just as Briggs replaced Holdman. Denver can always find RB's maybe we can always find WILL linebackers.

Yep! :cheers

Jamar Williams was in most of the time if not the entire game while Briggs was inactive.

I didn't.

Give me a break. The guy does it for 1 game and he's all of a sudden "good"? :huh:

Briggs has been an All Pro LB since he was drafted.

Give him the money to stay here.

Give me a break. The guy does it for 1 game and he's all of a sudden "good"? :huh:

Briggs has been an All Pro LB since he was drafted.

Give him the money to stay here.

For once I agree with you on something... scarey thought, ain't it?

The only problem with Briggs is the money. I would say the only way the Bears sign him to the money he wants is if Urlacher's back is worse than expected.

The Bears have other needs than at LB. Losing Briggs would suck, but would you rather spend the money on Briggs or Harris?

The only problem with Briggs is the money. I would say the only way the Bears sign him to the money he wants is if Urlacher's back is worse than expected.

The Bears have other needs than at LB. Losing Briggs would suck, but would you rather spend the money on Briggs or Harris?

Agree with you. Urlacher's probably going to try some therapy for the back, though it's tough to recoup. Briggs is probably done as a Bear.

I'd rather spend it on Briggs. Therefore, i don't have to watch garbage next to Urlacher.

Between Harris and Briggs I choose Harris. While I would like Briggs to return, the $$ just doesn't addup. We want FA OL, WR, QB...We need to resign Harris...If Cliff and Jerry can fit all that under the cap and still keep Briggs, I'm all for it. But I would not sell the farm and mortgage the future on him.

Interesting fact. So he will end the season playing between 75-80%, just enough to not get Franchised again.

Hip sidelines Briggs, uncertain for Saints

December 24, 2007

BY BRAD BIGGS

The next time you see a Bears helmet on Lance Briggs' head might be the Pro Bowl.

The weak-side linebacker sat out Sunday's game because of an aching hip, and his status for the season finale against New Orleans is uncertain.

A source close to Briggs said the free-agent-to-be was aiming to return against the Saints to leave no question that he has been on the field for 75 percent of the defensive snaps this season. That's the threshold he must hit to prevent the Bears from again placing the franchise tag on him, which would deny him the lucrative payday it appears he'll get elsewhere.

But Briggs, who declined to speak when leaving the locker room, appears to already have reached the magic number, having played in 12½ games. He's a three-down linebacker who doesn't come off the field. It comes down to defensive snaps over the entire season, and the Packers held the ball Sunday for only 54 plays, a season-low for the Bears. In the other game Briggs missed in its entirety, Detroit had only 55 offensive plays.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...earnt24.article

If I KNEW the team was gonna use the money they saved on Briggs somewhere else where it was needed I wouldnt think letting him go would be that big of a deal but with the cap boost I dont think his salary would push us over the cap when its all said and done. However, if this thread is trying to say we wont miss him because of Jamar Williams and the play of our defense for one game in what Favre called the worst playing conditions hes ever been in, then thats laughable.

If I KNEW the team was gonna use the money they saved on Briggs somewhere else where it was needed I wouldnt think letting him go would be that big of a deal but with the cap boost I dont think his salary would push us over the cap when its all said and done. However, if this thread is trying to say we wont miss him because of Jamar Williams and the play of our defense for one game in what Favre called the worst playing conditions hes ever been in, then thats laughable.

fantasy_Salisbury2_180.jpg

"But, Jamar Williams is awesome"!