HOW ABOUT THOMAS?

Alaskan Grizzly

Thomas would probably be a great option, but that guy has had some concussion problems the last couple years. It would not do the Bears any good to sign Thomas to replace Briggs and watch him take a hit in the first game and sit the rest of the year like Dan Morgan. A guy with concussion problems who is in his later years as a player is someone you want to avoid, despite his career(see: Trent Green)

I hear ya. I wouldn't be surprised if he just retires.

I'd like to look at Dhani Jones if possible. I think he'll be free and wouldn't be a bad roatation guy if we can get him on the cheap.

Thomas would probably be a great option, but that guy has had some concussion problems the last couple years. It would not do the Bears any good to sign Thomas to replace Briggs and watch him take a hit in the first game and sit the rest of the year like Dan Morgan. A guy with concussion problems who is in his later years as a player is someone you want to avoid, despite his career(see: Trent Green)

I don't see Thomas fitting in well as our WLB. He doesn't have enough speed for one and two he's played his entire career inside between the tackles. I can see him fitting in the middle for someone else but I'm not even sure about him in a 3-4 Defense like New England. AT 5-11 and 228 how's he going to hold up inside? I can't see him standing up on the outside as a pass rusher either. Who knows, New England does love smart players and he fits that mold well and most importantly he's just a good football player.