Do We Keep Arch?...

Mongo3451

I do nothing right now w/ him.

Hey, I agree. He sucked last year. At the same time, I would simply like to know what else is going on at S this year.

Is Mike Brown returning. If he is, then Arch is gone. If not, we have little at S, either as starters go, or in depth. McGowan showed enough to warrant a shot at the starting job. Payne is a young player the staff is high on, but is totally unproven, and lost nearly a year of development potential. Daniell Manning just freaking sucks, but hey, he is young.

My point is, if we decide to let Brown go, I think we keep Arch on the roster until we do something either in FA or in the draft. No rush to cut him, as it isn't like we are going to create a bunch of cap space doing so.

Keep him around until after we sign a FA, or draft a rookie day one.

Can we get him on the Clemmens training regiment and switch him to linebacker? ;)

Probably cut him, but hold on doing it for a little while. He could be good to have in camp to help some of the young guys develop.

Archulletta is on the books for 730K this year. Do we keep him as a cheap backup or is he worthless to us? I have my opinion, but...

Archulletta is on the books for 730K this year. Do we keep him as a cheap backup or is he worthless to us? I have my opinion, but...

I think we all agree he sucks. I think he will be deemed worthless in camp. No need to cut him sooner than that. It's sad that safety was supposed to be a position of GREAT strength last year. Now, it is close to the weakest in the NFL. We have to get some hitters in the secondary.

I don't think he's in the plans for the Bears but I agree, he stays until we have the new guys in place. Depending on who we add and how many we add he might even stay all the way until cuts are made in camp just in case there are some injuries (Mike Brown).

Someone within the Archuletta clan plays goalie for a local high school team(looks similar by the way). There are tackles in soccer but they involve sliding on the ground. Perhaps that's what our Archuletta should try next since he's good at sliding around the feet of other players.

That is not a lot of money, and we are going to spend that much (and then some) to replace him.

I don't think many (if any) have an issue w/ cutting him. I think the point made is, there is no rush. W/ FA, the draft and a possible decision on Mike Brown due, I don't see the need to rush out and cut him. As soon as we add a player, "he gone", but why cut him before you know.

Mike Brown is the key for me. If Brown is staying, then Arch should go. If they plan to release Brown, I simply would not be in a hurry to release Arch.

That is not a lot of money, and we are going to spend that much (and then some) to replace him.

I don't think many (if any) have an issue w/ cutting him. I think the point made is, there is no rush. W/ FA, the draft and a possible decision on Mike Brown due, I don't see the need to rush out and cut him. As soon as we add a player, "he gone", but why cut him before you know.

Mike Brown is the key for me. If Brown is staying, then Arch should go. If they plan to release Brown, I simply would not be in a hurry to release Arch.

Yeah, I think the Bears realize this now after getting rid of Harris last year.

According to LT, he's on the book for 960,000 or something like that (thanks LT).

That's chump change by cap standards.

That being said, what's the rush? If we draft a guy and decide to keep Mike Brown, maybe you go ahead and clear him out. Otherwise we have until the September 1st cuts to get rid of him and he wouldn't hurt our cap space.

If he does go into training camp, we'd have to be very suspicious of what the coaching staff says. They really bragged him up, yet every day there was a "Bradley/Hester/Berrian (take your pick) made a great TD on Arch today."

If it doesn't cost us anything to keep him around, why not keep him around?

I heard that he was the highest paid safety last year. Either way, cut him. I dont care if we LOSE money towards the cap because of it. Just get that ass hole out of here.

But you're forgetting that the Bears didn't pay most of that money. The Redskins did.

The one thing I'll say about Archuletta is that the guy appeared to bust his ass and do everything he could. The problem with him is not his mind or his desire, but with his ability. He's just too damn slow to play the position anymore.

If I think a Bear player is dogging it I'll call them an asshole (Cedric). I can't say that about Arch.

But you're forgetting that the Bears didn't pay most of that money. The Redskins did.

The one thing I'll say about Archuletta is that the guy appeared to bust his ass and do everything he could. The problem with him is not his mind or his desire, but with his ability. He's just too damn slow to play the position anymore.

If I think a Bear player is dogging it I'll call them an asshole (Cedric). I can't say that about Arch.

Ya, it wasnt really meant to say we were paying way too much for him, it was more referencing how ridiculous it was that he was the highest paid safety.

Here is the problem with Arch:

http://www.arch31.com/

He has a website that shows pictures of him on the Rams? Arch had one good year in STL and has been riding it since. He just turned 30, so he should not be declining yet.

Here is the problem with Arch:

http://www.arch31.com/

He has a website that shows pictures of him on the Rams? Arch had one good year in STL and has been riding it since. He just turned 30, so he should not be declining yet.

When Arch was in St. Louis he was a defensive MVP canidate. He's been an embarrassment with both Washington & Chicago. Which picture would you want on your web site?

I know he shouldn't be declining, but what else is there other then his speed & quickness? The coaches have said he gets where he needs to be. Physically he appears to be in great shape. He's just constantly a step too slow.

NFL.com lists him at being 5-11. I seriously question that. On one special teams play towards the end of the season, he was flat out blown up by a line-backer for the other team. The guy appeared to be a foot taller.

If Arch is short & comparitively small, if he's lost his speed & quickness, then what chance does he have?

I wonder if it's worth bringing up the PED question in relation to a guy like this who falls off a cliff when he should still be in his prime years, like age 28-29.