TalkBears Mock Draft

balta1701-A

Greetings!

For a bit of entertainment pre-draft, now that all the combines are in, all the comp picks are in, and on and on...would people here have an interest in slapping together our own mock draft?

The rules we've run previously are pretty simple. Everyone interested gets to sign up to be GM of a team...sometimes a couple teams if we can't pull off 30 some odd people willing to chime in. You can do whatever you want. Make trades with another person on the site for players or picks, let the clock expire and have your pick drop (I'd probably do something like a 24 hour deadline to get your pick in before the next person goes), etc. Basically, you go until we hit the actual draft or we run out of picks.

Would people be interested? If I can get 10-15+ affirmative replies, I'll open up a signup thread and we'll get started ASAP. Only 1 person gets to be the Bears, and I'll go first-come, first served when I put the thread up (but I will give y'all a warning several hours beforehand as to when it will appear.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. Sounds fun.

Greetings!

For a bit of entertainment pre-draft, now that all the combines are in, all the comp picks are in, and on and on...would people here have an interest in slapping together our own mock draft?

The rules we've run previously are pretty simple. Everyone interested gets to sign up to be GM of a team...sometimes a couple teams if we can't pull off 30 some odd people willing to chime in. You can do whatever you want. Make trades with another person on the site for players or picks, let the clock expire and have your pick drop (I'd probably do something like a 24 hour deadline to get your pick in before the next person goes), etc. Basically, you go until we hit the actual draft or we run out of picks.

Would people be interested? If I can get 10-15+ affirmative replies, I'll open up a signup thread and we'll get started ASAP. Only 1 person gets to be the Bears, and I'll go first-come, first served when I put the thread up (but I will give y'all a warning several hours beforehand as to when it will appear.)

How do we determine who gets what team? I am positive all of us would like to be the beloved, though if stuck with the Packers I can see drafting a nice 7th round prospect with their first round pick... :whip So how do we determine? And I am willing to do more than one team also if needed.

How do we determine who gets what team? I am positive all of us would like to be the beloved, though if stuck with the Packers I can see drafting a nice 7th round prospect with their first round pick... :whip So how do we determine? And I am willing to do more than one team also if needed.

Last year it was picked randomly with someone pulling them out of a hat I believe. I got stuck with Baltimore and Jacksonville or something.

Last year it was picked randomly with someone pulling them out of a hat I believe. I got stuck with Baltimore and Jacksonville or something.

Better than the Packers...I don't know if I could bring myself to draft someone good for them, even in a mock... :unsure:

Ok, do people think this sounds fair:

We seem to have enough people to pull this off if most people take 2 teams or so.

Tomorrow at noon CST, I'll post a list of every team other than the Bears. Those, we'll just go first come, first served, replying in the thread or sending me a PM/Email. Using a random number generator, I will then hold a single choice drawing of anyone who sends me a PM before that point saying "I'm interested in being the Bears" or something to that effect. I will exclude myself from this drawing for fairness, although I'll tell you right now I'm grabbing the Bills unless someone vehemently objects.

Does this work for everyone?

Works for me...

Thanks!

Ok, do people think this sounds fair:

We seem to have enough people to pull this off if most people take 2 teams or so.

Tomorrow at noon CST, I'll post a list of every team other than the Bears. Those, we'll just go first come, first served, replying in the thread or sending me a PM/Email. Using a random number generator, I will then hold a single choice drawing of anyone who sends me a PM before that point saying "I'm interested in being the Bears" or something to that effect. I will exclude myself from this drawing for fairness, although I'll tell you right now I'm grabbing the Bills unless someone vehemently objects.

Does this work for everyone?

Hester,

If you'd like, if for any reason I can't get to the pick in time, I'd be more than happy for you to be my vice-GM...

Beat me to it, Mad. :chair ;)

Anyways, I'll be able to use the computer from about 9:50-11:10 CT tomorrow, so if you can, post it then and I'll send my PM asap.