Leinart, and the Curse of the Bad Judgment II

adam

Yeah, he is a jackass though -- my cousin dated leinart his rookie season and she said he was a complete jerk.

Yeah he gets roasted out here by the locals sports guys all the time for this crap. They say he should actually play well before he starts acting like a movie star.

Apparently he and Nick Lechey have these big ol parties all the time. lol

To be honest I think its extremely ridiculous that anyone would make ANY sort of deal about this. They were talking about it on the radio like he is Pacman Jones or something and even his coach was verbal about it. He was at his own house and not doing anything illegal and it was during the offseason before any type of training camps. Hes a young guy, good for him for enjoying himself. I dont think he owes anyone an explanation and for Wisenhunt to make it sound like he did something wrong is kind of stupid.

On the whole, I agree. One point though is there had been talk one of the girls (at least one) could be a minor. Frankly, as he is a recent college grad, this would not shock me as he is not that much over 21 himself. While many here may not think it a big deal to give a 20 year old girl a beer, it's a bit different for a NFL player with millions in contract. And if the party was at his house, and there were minors present and drinking, then he would be responsible.

I have no issue w/ the partying, but (a) if minors were present, he is setting himself up and (B) I guess as much as anything, doing beer bongs just seems like he has not grown up or left behind the college mentality, which is sort of an issue for a player who has not developed the way many expected, or (according to some) shown a level of committment expected.

On the whole, I agree. One point though is there had been talk one of the girls (at least one) could be a minor. Frankly, as he is a recent college grad, this would not shock me as he is not that much over 21 himself. While many here may not think it a big deal to give a 20 year old girl a beer, it's a bit different for a NFL player with millions in contract. And if the party was at his house, and there were minors present and drinking, then he would be responsible.

I have no issue w/ the partying, but (a) if minors were present, he is setting himself up and (B) I guess as much as anything, doing beer bongs just seems like he has not grown up or left behind the college mentality, which is sort of an issue for a player who has not developed the way many expected, or (according to some) shown a level of committment expected.

Ya I see your point about if its a minor. I doubt we will ever know either way. I just dont see it as any kind of issue mainly because he isnt under any type of obligation with the team at the present time. Sure, it would be nice of him to be studying film or working out all day but as long as he isnt breaking any laws or disrespecting the Cardinals in any way they should respect his privacy when he is in his home with some friends.

I go back and forth. It isn't so much I think he should be at home studying the playbook, so much as that it seems like he needs to grow up. If you look at the pics, does he appear like an adult, or a college kid?

In the top picture he almost looks like "Frank the Tank"! LOL.

They need to do a skit about him on SNL now. "Fu%4 the playbook, pass the beer bong"

Jokes aside, he does need to mature as a person. He is killing opportunities. Just think of how many marketing opps he is losing out on other than beer commercials.

I've heard from the grapevine out here that a couple of those girls are in the 18-19 range. The problem becomes if the cops were called to his house and they carded the girls, he can set himself up for a big legal issue. If he wants to drink with 19 year olds just go to Rocky Point

Not long ago, here in Dallas, a mom went to jail (short stint) for allowing their daughter to have a party at their house, w/ alcohol. Old argument. Parents say the kids will drink anyway, so it is better to have it under supervision, w/ keys taken at the door. Otherside of the arguments simply says it doesn't matter, and it is not only breaking the law, but teaching the kids it is okay to break the law.

Point is, mom went to jail for contributing to minors, and some other charges stemming from the party.

It may not seem like a big deal, but if that mom can go to jail, even if it was only for a few nights or whatever, so can Leinart. And Leinart has so much more to lose.

I agree about the underage thing....but everything else is crap IMO. If this was a Sat night before game day, I can see the problem. But I have no prob with him if he still wants to do beer bongs and party with girls. I was doing the same thing at his age. It's not like you hit 21-22 and you're suppose to be mature and stop partying. Funk that....Maybe some live their lives like that, but to each their own. There's nothing wrong with him partying his fuckin ass off if it isn't interfering with his job. Short of him pulling a Kerry Wood...he can sit in the hot tub with as many chicks as he wants.

He went to a bar with friends, met some college peeps and invited them to party back at his place.

Yes, all states have a min 21 drinking age.

I believe Louisiana tried to go against the Fed Gov't on this, and kept the limit at 18 for a while, but the Fed said Louisiana would not get any Federal highway funds if they didn't change their law, which they did. They don't enforce it as strictly as some, but they do have the law on the books.

Personally, I have always felt the law was ridiculous. I will never understand the argument that a person is old enough (18) to fight for their country and vote for the president, but not old enough to drink a beer. That just seems stupid.

But it is the law for every state.

I agree about the underage thing....but everything else is crap IMO. If this was a Sat night before game day, I can see the problem. But I have no prob with him if he still wants to do beer bongs and party with girls. I was doing the same thing at his age. It's not like you hit 21-22 and you're suppose to be mature and stop partying. Funk that....Maybe some live their lives like that, but to each their own. There's nothing wrong with him partying his fuckin ass off if it isn't interfering with his job. Short of him pulling a Kerry Wood...he can sit in the hot tub with as many chicks as he wants.

He went to a bar with friends, met some college peeps and invited them to party back at his place.

Yes but you were not given the reigns to a franchise, given millions of dollars, and are not a public figure.

I have no problem with the partying, but geez keep it private. Dont invite randoms to your house that are going to snap a bunch of pictures and put it up all over the net.

Shoot Jordan and Barkley were notorious for their partying in Phoenix when I was going to ASU (1994-1999), but their was never any pictures and such floating around. They kept it private by renting VIP sections at clubs not inviting underage girls to their houses.

Agreed. It is stupid.

But it's not the first and only time there is huge inconsistency in US law...

Yes, all states have a min 21 drinking age.

I believe Louisiana tried to go against the Fed Gov't on this, and kept the limit at 18 for a while, but the Fed said Louisiana would not get any Federal highway funds if they didn't change their law, which they did. They don't enforce it as strictly as some, but they do have the law on the books.

Personally, I have always felt the law was ridiculous. I will never understand the argument that a person is old enough (18) to fight for their country and vote for the president, but not old enough to drink a beer. That just seems stupid.

But it is the law for every state.

lol Who was the guy on the other thread that said he partied like Lienart too?

Did you party like this?

I'm sure the cards are thrilled.

To be honest, I could give a shit less how a guy has fun during his off time. It's only when that action starts to interfere with how he performs on the field or in the locker room that I have a problem.

Did his partying get him rocked against the Rams? Did his drinking break his collarbone? Did his faux homosexual act cause the coaching staff to give Kurt Warner more snaps?

If he were producing before hand, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But since he wasn't living up to expectations, this will snowball (no pun intended).