Which rookies will make impacts this season?

Bears4Ever_34

The most obvious pick is Chris Williams because he is basically guaranteed a starting position at left tackle unless he's injured or something. This is a good way to start building up a young offensive line, and you can't have enough good offensive lineman, everybody knows that.

Depending on what they do with Benson, Forte will be an impact player for the Bears this season. Now I remember watching him play a little bit last year and I remember he had over a 300 yard game with like 4 or 5 touchdowns. I don't know much about his gamebreaking speed but he looks to me like a better version of Thomas Jones. He will push Cedric for a starting spot come training camp and I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

Marcus Monk is someone who can come in without expectations because he is a 7th round pick. He's tall and fast with a good body to catch passes in the redzone. I could see a position where he could come in later in the year as a number 4 receiver and make several nice catches along the way.

I'm not really sure about the Bennett kid. I've been reading alot about how he reminds people of Hines Ward because he's got the same body type and is a possession receiver. He may come in and compete for a starting spot from the get go, and there really isn't that much competition with the lack of quality receivers on this team. Booker and Bradley are 2 guys I think that will definitely have starting spots coming into the year with either Hester, Lloyd, or Bennett being the 3rd guy.

The most obvious pick is Chris Williams because he is basically guaranteed a starting position at left tackle unless he's injured or something. This is a good way to start building up a young offensive line, and you can't have enough good offensive lineman, everybody knows that.

Depending on what they do with Benson, Forte will be an impact player for the Bears this season. Now I remember watching him play a little bit last year and I remember he had over a 300 yard game with like 4 or 5 touchdowns. I don't know much about his gamebreaking speed but he looks to me like a better version of Thomas Jones. He will push Cedric for a starting spot come training camp and I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

Marcus Monk is someone who can come in without expectations because he is a 7th round pick. He's tall and fast with a good body to catch passes in the redzone. I could see a position where he could come in later in the year as a number 4 receiver and make several nice catches along the way.

I'm not really sure about the Bennett kid. I've been reading alot about how he reminds people of Hines Ward because he's got the same body type and is a possession receiver. He may come in and compete for a starting spot from the get go, and there really isn't that much competition with the lack of quality receivers on this team. Booker and Bradley are 2 guys I think that will definitely have starting spots coming into the year with either Hester, Lloyd, or Bennett being the 3rd guy.

Williams will start all 16 games at LT. He will struggle at times but will eventually settle down.

Forte will not start right away but will be the starter by the end of the yr.

Bennett will be our slot receiver from day 1. He is that good and I project him to have 40 plus catches with 5 TDs.

Peace :dabears

Best hope that Orton is the one throwing to him...

Williams will start all 16 games at LT. He will struggle at times but will eventually settle down.

Forte will not start right away but will be the starter by the end of the yr.

Bennett will be our slot receiver from day 1. He is that good and I project him to have 40 plus catches with 5 TDs.

Peace :dabears

Williams would be the easy choice I think...but it could be Forte. If what we're hearing about Benson being injured is true...Forte could have the bigger impact.

Williams would be the easy choice I think...but it could be Forte. If what we're hearing about Benson being injured is true...Forte could have the bigger impact.

Williams isn't the sexy pick, but IMO, he easily has the best chance to make the biggest impact on our team. If Forte or whomever runs for us is going to be successful, it is going to be because of the impact from the guys up front. If Rex or Kyle are going to have a big season, it is because the guys up front are giving them time to throw. Like i said, it's not sexy, but the impact that Chris has by taking over the LT spot is just huge for us. It allows Tait to move to RT, which is automatically a HUGE upgrade, and though I'm not a fan of Garza, he is very much a solid/league average RG, so that makes our right side from Tait to Olin a very solid veteran group. Though he may struggle with the run, it is always preferable to have a young LT who excels in pass pro like him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Caleb Haine. And if I really drink some Kool Aid I predict Caleb Haine will be the next Tony Romo.

hahaha. Okay, impact THIS season, not four years down the road. You figured when you slobber all over the guy and make statements like this, you would at least know how to spell his name too.

hahaha. Okay, impact THIS season, not four years down the road. You figured when you slobber all over the guy and make statements like this, you would at least know how to spell his name too.

Was I really slobbering? I'm sorry I was beat as child with a wooden spoon. I thought the surgery corrected the problem.

The thing I like when reading about Harrison is that he is best suited as a 3 technique tackle (ala Tommie Harris) and is still considered a strong starter if placed next to Tommie. If Dusty is healthy and plays well, this gives us an excellent rotation and a replacement for Tommie if he gets hurt.

Marcus Harrison Article

It's obviously going to be Williams.

As for Forte, I actually don't think he'll do much this year. I think he'll serve as motivation for Benson, and with a better OL, Benson will do better. Then the Bears will have a RB quandry, and be forced to give carries to Benson while wishing they could give them to Forte.

While forte or williams may have great impacts for us this year I really believe the biggest rook impact will be on the other side of the ball. Steltz is a smart football player just like brown, and looks to me like he's always in the right place in the right time. Pair him with a healthy (yeah, I know not really expectible) mike brown and we could have a very smart secondary this year. Steltz is I believe 6'0" or 6'1", whichever he's also over 200 pounds and can punish receivers coming over the middle, but at the same time he has great awarness when the ball's in the air. Combine that with his ballhawk skills and height and I would not be surprised if steltz beats out payne and mcgowan and manning as our starting SS with a depth chart that looks like this:

FS - Mike Brown Reserve - Mcgowan, Manning

SS - Craig Steltz Reserve - Payne, Archuletta

CB - Tillman, Vasher

Nickel - Mcbride - Graham Odd man out Manning JR. June 1st casualty

We if healthy will be turning some heads defensivly and making the rest of the league and media remember the first half of the chargers game last year! No matter what we do offensivly as long as we stay healthy on the Defensive side of the ball we'll be in every game including jacksonville and indy and minny!