Bears release Benson

butkusrules

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedric Benson's time with the Chicago Bears is up.

The troubled running back, whose relationship with the team soured further because of his second arrest in little more than a month Saturday, was waived by the team on Monday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

and there it is from espn.com

NAH NAH NAH NAH, NAH NAH NAH NAH, HEY HEY HEY, GOOOOOOOD BYEEEEEEE!!!! :headbang

FORTE :headbang

from profootballtalk.BUH-BYE BENSON

Posted by Mike Florio on June 9, 2008, 5:12 p.m. EDT

The Chicago Bears have released running back Cedric Benson.

Technically, he has been placed on waivers, since he has less than four years of NFL service.

More to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Until I know that this is not affecting the Bears salary cap-wise, I will not be happy with this decision. It would have been better to sit his butt on the bench, save the money, and see if he learns after a year of riding pine.

Until I know that this is not affecting the Bears salary cap-wise, I will not be happy with this decision. It would have been better to sit his butt on the bench, save the money, and see if he learns after a year of riding pine.

:crying

Can't say any of us should be surprised.

I wonder if we go after someone as a possible Backup to Forte in case on injury?

Isn't Kevin Jones still out there?

I also would like to know how this will effect our cap space.

Can't say any of us should be surprised.

I wonder if we go after someone as a possible Backup to Forte in case on injury?

Isn't Kevin Jones still out there?

I also would like to know how this will effect our cap space.

I like that idea. Maybe on the cheap side low base salary with games played incentives and performance incentives. If healthy he and forte could make a potent 1-2 punch and wouldn't he love giving it to the lions twice a year? That alone would motivate me to sign with the bears, and have a darn good season. It's good to know lovie's character issue holds true.

well where do we go from here? Wouldnt mind signing someone.. I think we have to at this point....Henry or Shaun Alexander.....Alexander would be a good mentor to Forte while providing some leadership in the o huddle.

No way they bring in Henry. He is a worse character issue than Ced. I could see Alexander, Jones, or Jordan brought in for a 1 yr deal.

Peace :dabears

This puts the vomit on the crap sandwich that is Jerry Angelo's draft record.

I don't think it's as bad as this poster, but frankly, this is a major negative mark on Angelo's draft record and cannot possibly be construed any other way now. The classes of 07 and 08 better show up solid this year, for his sake.

Not really happy with this. Where do we go now? I think we HAVE to make a run at another RB now. AP is probably #1 on the depth chart now. Forte had better learn the playbook and get ready in a hurry. His time is coming up sooner than probably most of us expected.

Oh brother.

I just don't know how some of you guys can actually applaud and cheer this. It is very bad for our team. Clearly doesn't make us better. Makes us much softer.

Screw the off the field stuff. Just don't hurt anyone. Sit down a couple of games and get back to work. I don't know how this helps us.

Not really happy with this. Where do we go now? I think we HAVE to make a run at another RB now. AP is probably #1 on the depth chart now. Forte had better learn the playbook and get ready in a hurry. His time is coming up sooner than probably most of us expected.

Oh brother.

I just don't know how some of you guys can actually applaud and cheer this. It is very bad for our team. Clearly doesn't make us better. Makes us much softer.

Screw the off the field stuff. Just don't hurt anyone. Sit down a couple of games and get back to work. I don't know how this helps us.

This is the dumbest post i've ever seen about Ced. You make absolutely no sense.

Oh brother.

I am not applauding this situation. I am extremely disappointed that Cedric's lacks the judgement to understand that his behavior was unacceptable. I was hoping he would turn things around this yr and am disappointed that the Bears had to take this step. In my opinion, however, this is exactly what they needed to do.

Peace :dabears

This is the dumbest post i've ever seen about Ced. You make absolutely no sense.

What, specifically is so dumb about it? Not a post about Ced. This is a post about the BEARS. I am a BEARS fan. Not a Cedric Benson fan.

Selfishly, I just want what makes us a better football team. I want to win games and hopefully a Super Bowl.

Again, this doesn't make us a better football team.

Man, i know Olsen & Hester are just terrible. :bang

Yes, you're right. Two productive first day picks in the last three years is a super job.

Look, I've given JA plenty of slack in the past, but his draft record is not looking good. Tommie Harris is the only first round pick who has really lived up to what you expect a first round pick to be (I like Olson, but it's still early). Has he done well in the middle rounds sometimes, sure he has. But so has every team. Finding diamonds in the rough is a great attribute for a scout. But I expect the GM to do a little bit more than that.