Peanut on the SCORE

Connorbear

Peanut was on the SCORE tonight at 8 pm. Some highlights:

- Had a Flag Football challenge for charity last week. Evidentally, Rod Wilson was a all american QB in high school and tore it up on the field.

- Was very happy with his play last yr. Felt he dropped some easy picks, however, and this kept him from making the pro-bowl.

- Felt that rookie salaries may be unfair in that they get money based on their play in college. I hope the NFLPA is open to addressing this during the next contract negotiations.

Overall, a very good interview. One final note. He was in his car with his daughter and she kept saying she was hungry - evidentally they were on their way to dinner. It was funny listening to him interact with her. Being a daddy definately changes you.

Peace :dabears

- Had a Flag Football challenge for charity last week. Evidentally, Rod Wilson was a all american QB in high school and tore it up on the field.

- Was very happy with his play last yr. Felt he dropped some easy picks, however, and this kept him from making the pro-bowl.

- Felt that rookie salaries may be unfair in that they get money based on their play in college. I hope the NFLPA is open to addressing this during the next contract negotiations.

Overall, a very good interview. One final note. He was in his car with his daughter and she kept saying she was hungry - evidentally they were on their way to dinner. It was funny listening to him interact with her. Being a daddy definately changes you.

I think the part in bold is just stupid. That's like someone working as a DirecTV installer, doing really well, getting noticed, getting a promotion to a mid-level manager, and getting a raise that makes them higher paid than the most senior programmer/manager/salesperson in the company.

I'm going to throw out a scenario of my college experience. I went to school, kicked ass, was very involved in some business clubs and met quite a few people in the industry I entered into (Public Accounting....what was I thinking, I don't know) and had tremendous grades.

I eventually got job offers and accepted one. These offers paid me more than people going into the same industry with lesser grades (ie, top draft picks get more than lower picks) and I had the opportunity at even bigger bucks, but at the same time I wasn't coming out of college and being paid more than the experienced people doing what I did.

Personally I find it ridiculous that a #1 pick comes in and makes practically more than eveyrone else at that particular position. I think they should get paid more than the typical run of the mill guy (afterall, they are going #1 for a reason, but to even approach Peyton Manning money is a little ridiculous to me, imo).

I agree. Most fans I think agree. Most owners seem to agree. Many players are coming out saying they agree. It seems like the only ones who strongly disagrees (at least among those who have a say in the matter) are the head of the players union and the agents.

I have a feeling we will see a change in the next CBA on this issue. While the head of the union may not want a change, when players are speaking out against the status quo, it seems to me change is inevitable. I see this as a bargaining chip for the union. They know change is on the horizon, but will not simply make a change w/o the owners giving up something as well. Most likely, IMHO, is the owner agree to raise the "floor" minimum spending limit, and the union agrees to restructure how top picks are paid.

I do not think the entire draft will be effected, but the 1st round, particularly, the top half of the 1st round, will see a pay structure put into place. Top picks will still make more than many/most veterans, but the amount will not be so ridiculous that a top pick rookie QB will come close to the likes of Manning, Brady, etc.

It seem that the players and owners want this. now get it done. I would think the only ones that dont want it are the agents.

I think the part in bold is just stupid. That's like someone working as a DirecTV installer, doing really well, getting noticed, getting a promotion to a mid-level manager, and getting a raise that makes them higher paid than the most senior programmer/manager/salesperson in the company.

I guess I dont see any similarities. comparing a DTV installer to a professional football player..... :unsure:

to make that argument even remotely valid, this fantasy person would have to make more than the CEO of DTV. that's pretty much what's happening.

I guess I dont see any similarities. comparing a DTV installer to a professional football player..... :unsure:

to make that argument even remotely valid, this fantasy person would have to make more than the CEO of DTV. that's pretty much what's happening.

I don't care what profession you apply to it, but the comparison is valid.

Entry level guys are getting paid more than guys who are very productive and have years of experience. That doesn't happen in any other industry, any other job, and other situation of which I know. It's crazy.

The only knock I would have w/ your analogy is this. The low level guy who is promoted is not some highly sought after individual. He is just a guy getting a promotion. You can argue a rookie is getting a promotion, but IMHO, it is on a different level.

I would make this comparison. A kid graduates Harvard Law at the top of his class. He is a highly sought after individual, and is going to command far more than most any other graduate. He is also going to command more than many more seasoned attorneys. But this example also shows where the current NFL system fails. As highly touted as this player is, whatever big firm hires him, he is not going to make more than the senior partners, much less more than the best attorneys in the country.

I understand top picks getting a boat load of cash. But no way that contract should come w/in spitting distance of the elite of the league.

I too am an accountant...I feel your pain!

I'm going to throw out a scenario of my college experience. I went to school, kicked ass, was very involved in some business clubs and met quite a few people in the industry I entered into (Public Accounting....what was I thinking, I don't know) and had tremendous grades.

I eventually got job offers and accepted one. These offers paid me more than people going into the same industry with lesser grades (ie, top draft picks get more than lower picks) and I had the opportunity at even bigger bucks, but at the same time I wasn't coming out of college and being paid more than the experienced people doing what I did.

Personally I find it ridiculous that a #1 pick comes in and makes practically more than eveyrone else at that particular position. I think they should get paid more than the typical run of the mill guy (afterall, they are going #1 for a reason, but to even approach Peyton Manning money is a little ridiculous to me, imo).