Is Mike Brown washed up?

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

wasn't very impressive

Either way, he was out of position many times, like the TD pass. that was terrible. But then again, typical bears make starts outta jackasses

wasn't very impressive

Either way, he was out of position many times, like the TD pass. that was terrible. But then again, typical bears make starts outta jackasses

He's rusty. He hasn't played live football (other than preseason) in over a yr. He will be fine.

Peace :dabears

Same issue came up on the official board. I don't know for sure about that TD play, but I do know Tillman admitted to blowing contain, which may have allowed the QB extra time that Brown wasn't banking on.

Anyway, people really have to stop making paranoid predicitions and/or reactionary judgements based on one preseason game. Next week it'll probably be "Is Hester washed up? Can free agency still help us replace our crap D-line? Now that Orton is proven, who's the backup?" Granted, this is a Bears forum and such topics are fair game...just as long as people know to take it for what it's worth.

He's earned the benefit of the doubt, but we legitimately have to wonder about his speed at this point. He's 30 years old and has injury after injury. With Dallas wanting to get rid of Roy Williams because he's not fast enough, and we've seen what happened with Arch, it is a legitimate concern.

Last year at this time I'd have said, "It's pre-season, don't worry about it." But this defense has sucked for two long to keep that attitude.

He's earned the benefit of the doubt, but we legitimately have to wonder about his speed at this point. He's 30 years old and has injury after injury. With Dallas wanting to get rid of Roy Williams because he's not fast enough, and we've seen what happened with Arch, it is a legitimate concern.

Last year at this time I'd have said, "It's pre-season, don't worry about it." But this defense has sucked for two long to keep that attitude.

Since when has M Brown ever been described as fast? When drafted the knock on him was his speed. Brown will be fine as long as he remains healthy. He has never been a speed demon, he knows schemes, angles, and is probably one of the most intelligent ball players we have on defense. He is going to make a heck of a coach when he retires if he chooses to go that route.

I didn't watch the 49er game entirely via DVR but I did watch the first quarter. On Gore's long run where he cut back all the way across the field you will see a few things.

First, Tillman gets out of position and/or gets blocked as Gore comes around the DE. This allows Gore the room to move upfield.

Second, Gore cuts back across the field as our LBs fall to the ground grasping air. Running across the field behind the LB is #33 chasing Gore.

Third, as Gore comes back past the center of the field you see Mike Brown about 5 yards deeper than him and he starts to run downfield away from Gore, taking a very shallow angle toward the sideline. There was nobody in front of Brown blocking his path toward Gore. It looks as if Brown is heading upfield to cover a WR on a passing route as he followed a couple 49ers. I have no idea where he was going nor why he didn't try to get wider on the field to cutoff Gore. At this time Tillman comes clear across the field and tackles Gore, Brown is still running upfield toward the endzone.

If that was any other safety we'd be talking about cutting him.

Do you seriously think Mike Brown and the defense takes the preseason seriously?

C'mon now. :rolleyes:

do I expect the same level of intensity we see in a Packer game, or any regular season game for that matter? No. Coming off an awful season where our D ranked near the bottom of the league, do I expect to see a greater sense of urgency than we have. Yes.

Guest TerraTor
do I expect the same level of intensity we see in a Packer game, or any regular season game for that matter? No. Coming off an awful season where our D ranked near the bottom of the league, do I expect to see a greater sense of urgency than we have. Yes.

Bears make STARS outta jackasses... my bad

and cracker dog, i hope we meet one day so i may piss on you. you internet tuff guy

Bears make STARS outta jackasses... my bad

and cracker dog, i hope we meet one day so i may piss on you. you internet tuff guy

Jeez dude, your stuff is about as fresh as a Vanilla Ice video. We get it already: you're cool; you think the Bears suck... Can we move on now?

Or will there be more of that scintillating humor like fake posts about career ending injuries. Or will you delight us all with another immature trolling of the chat during the game on Thursday? You're all class man. ALL CLASS. Now you want to fight a guy on the internet because he used YOUR OWN line against you. Here's an idea, quit being a dick.

Exactly. IMO they have something to prove. And that something is not proving how bad their fundamentals are.

Alright fellas...

Let's let calmer heads prevail.

And get to discussing the Bears instead of taking shots at one another.

As Steve Martin so aptly put in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"..., "How 'bout those Bears?"

Jeez dude, your stuff is about as fresh as a Vanilla Ice video. We get it already: you're cool; you think the Bears suck... Can we move on now?

Or will there be more of that scintillating humor like fake posts about career ending injuries. Or will you delight us all with another immature trolling of the chat during the game on Thursday? You're all class man. ALL CLASS. Now you want to fight a guy on the internet because he used YOUR OWN line against you. Here's an idea, quit being a dick.

As Steve Martin so aptly put in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"..., "How 'bout those Bears?"

Oh, I'm just having fun with him. Couldn't care less, really. He said he wanted to pee on me which I'm guessing means he has... um... issues.

But, hey, I don't think it'd be right not to call a jackass a jackass when it's warranted. Consider me "moving on." Don't want to get beat up by a big bad internet asskicker any more than I want to get operated on by an internet doctor.

:dabears

Oh, I'm just having fun with him. Couldn't care less, really. He said he wanted to pee on me which I'm guessing means he has... um... issues.

But, hey, I don't think it'd be right not to call a jackass a jackass when it's warranted. Consider me "moving on." Don't want to get beat up by a big bad internet asskicker any more than I want to get operated on by an internet doctor.