If Brown can't go???

flea

Tough question. My heart tells me Steltz, but I think Manning should start. He's had more reps,etc... But I would like to see a roation and get Steltz in there.

In all honesty, I think you could make a case for either 3...

Who starts??

Do we start flip[-flopping Manning again??

Do we go with the rookie "Steltz Bomber"??

Do we use our recently signed 40+ veteran Holt???

Really hard to say when one is not present for practices etc...but I would tend to take Manning personally. He is fast and has experience, and we need to be at full strength to have any chance against the Titans. It is not time to take a chance with players who are unfamiliar to our team.

Really hard to say when one is not present for practices etc...but I would tend to take Manning personally. He is fast and has experience, and we need to be at full strength to have any chance against the Titans. It is not time to take a chance with players who are unfamiliar to our team.

I think I'll go in the opposite direction. Start off with Steltz b/c I think he can bring more to stopping the run. Even though Manning showed some improvement, I would hate to seem him take the wrong angle on Johnson and get burned or try and strip the ball from White while getting dragged into the endzone. Either way, losing Brown will hurt. Maybe Steltz can continue showing signs he can make the big plays in this league. We seen it from Payne last year, let's see if another JA later round DB can play.

Guest TerraTor

D. manning wasnt even suited up. I think we go with run stoppers (although ive never seen Dmanning stope the pass either) against the Titans.

I'll take Manning because of his experience and his speed. We need a guy who can get to the sideline quickly. Now whether or not he makes the tackle when he gets there is a good question.

I've seen enough of manning to know that he A. he can not cover and constantly blows assignments and B. he takes poor angles when tackling and chris johnson is not someone you want to do that with.

Go with steltz. He was a very solid tackler at LSU and one helluva playmaker for that team. We saw what he is capable of last week, and given the opportunity and reps He could be on the way to our starting FS for the future with this team. The thing I really like about him is that he has the football smarts that brown plays with. Maybe not as good of smarts as brown as of yet, but he has ten times the smarts than that of d. manning. Let manning ride the pine and continue the secondary with Steltz at fs, payne at ss vash and p-nut at corner, and graham at nickel. Manning is good depth and a good rotation guy cause I feel that he can come in on rotation and not screw up, but when relied upon regularly he's bound to screw the pooch sooner than later.

I've seen enough of manning to know that he A. he can not cover and constantly blows assignments and B. he takes poor angles when tackling and chris johnson is not someone you want to do that with.

Go with steltz. He was a very solid tackler at LSU and one helluva playmaker for that team. We saw what he is capable of last week, and given the opportunity and reps He could be on the way to our starting FS for the future with this team. The thing I really like about him is that he has the football smarts that brown plays with. Maybe not as good of smarts as brown as of yet, but he has ten times the smarts than that of d. manning. Let manning ride the pine and continue the secondary with Steltz at fs, payne at ss vash and p-nut at corner, and graham at nickel. Manning is good depth and a good rotation guy cause I feel that he can come in on rotation and not screw up, but when relied upon regularly he's bound to screw the pooch sooner than later.

Agreed 100%.

Manning should take over on kickoff returns until Devin gets his head straighted out.

Peace :dabears

First, unless Brown is 100%, I sit him. I'd go with Manning and play him a tad deeper than usual. I'd also suggest playing starting Grahm and play vasher at nickel, as we need our best tacklers on the outside. I would run a lot of run blitzes and make Collins beat us. Anything to get the D Line fired up, as they the key to our success.