Playoff hopes on critical

Connorbear

I am disappointed but you can't say they didn't have a chance to make a difference. They blew it against the Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons earlier in the season and had the opportunity to take the lead by beating Minnesota but they didn't.

I've been telling everyone for weeks that the Bears could actually have a much better record, with something like 10 or 11 wins, if only they had a little luck or a few bad breaks go the other way. They've been much more competitive than what the common pundits would have you believe.

Basically we need to win the division. Wild card is a long, long shot.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/12/be...ion_goes_c.html

Peace :dabears

It is disappointing that Arizona mailed in a lousy effort against the Vikings.

I am still caustiously optimistic that the Bears will have a chance to win the NFCN.

Atlanta is playing good Football right now and has plenty to play for. The Giants are still trying to lock up home field advantage throughout the entire playoffs. Both of these teams are more than capable of beating the Vikings.

So if the Vikings lose the remaining 2 games on their schedule, we must win against GBP at home and then the Texans on the road. Not an easy task but I would aruge an easier schedule than what the Vikings have to face.

Oddly enough, despite the results of the last game we had with GBP, I am more concerned with the game against Houston on the road then next Monday's game against the Packers.

Does any of this matter? I think so. Many on the forum say we would not deserve to make the playoffs. I ask why not? If we wind up the season 10-6 (with 3 of those loses I would suggest bordered on criminal neglegence on the part of the coaching staff) I certainly think the players on this team deserve to see what they can do in the playoffs and might just surprise everyone.

Tell me, does anyone see a team out there that is unbeatable?

...or a few better coaches.

I've been telling everyone for weeks that the Bears could actually have a much better record, with something like 10 or 11 wins, if only they had a little luck or a few bad breaks go the other way. They've been much more competitive than what the common pundits would have you believe.

....or stop giving games away. ;)

I love you optimism Pix!

I still think this team needs to play on like it matters. Win out and let the cards fall where they may...

If we go, then hopefully a few miracles can happen. If not, build on what we did and fire coaches like it's going out of style...

No one really looks truly unbeatable, but PIT seems to figure out how to win even when playing lousy. That kind of team scares me...

It is disappointing that Arizona mailed in a lousy effort against the Vikings.

I am still caustiously optimistic that the Bears will have a chance to win the NFCN.

Atlanta is playing good Football right now and has plenty to play for. The Giants are still trying to lock up home field advantage throughout the entire playoffs. Both of these teams are more than capable of beating the Vikings.

So if the Vikings lose the remaining 2 games on their schedule, we must win against GBP at home and then the Texans on the road. Not an easy task but I would aruge an easier schedule than what the Vikings have to face.

Oddly enough, despite the results of the last game we had with GBP, I am more concerned with the game against Houston on the road then next Monday's game against the Packers.

Does any of this matter? I think so. Many on the forum say we would not deserve to make the playoffs. I ask why not? If we wind up the season 10-6 (with 3 of those loses I would suggest bordered on criminal neglegence on the part of the coaching staff) I certainly think the players on this team deserve to see what they can do in the playoffs and might just surprise everyone.

I love you optimism Pix!

I still think this team needs to play on like it matters. Win out and let the cards fall where they may...

If we go, then hopefully a few miracles can happen. If not, build on what we did and fire coaches like it's going out of style...

No one really looks truly unbeatable, but PIT seems to figure out how to win even when playing lousy. That kind of team scares me...

Pittsburgh's defense is playing awesome football right now. I would not be at all surprised to see them in the SB. Their offense is not scaring anyone but with a defense like theirs they do not need to score many points. 2 of the better games I have seen on TV this year are the 2 games between the Steelers & Ravens, both of which Pittsburgh pulled out at the end of the games.

we will know our fate by the end of sunday. it will be nice to have a slim chance going into the final week. I guess were going to have to cheer for the:

Chargers to beat the Bucs

Falcons to beat the Vikings

Ravens to beat the Cowboys

Redskins to beat Philly

You figure at least 2 of 4 will happen. I really think the Bucs are finished, they have overachieved all year and stole a victory from us. I think the Chargers will win as they are still alive in the weak AFC West.

I also think the Falcons will upset Minny in Minny as they are in a must win situation. .

Hopefully Carolina beats New York so New York is extra motivated to beat Minny during the finaly week of the season. If Minny somehow loses vs Atlanta and we beat Green Bay i think we make the playoffs.

So in order:

1) Carolina beats New York

2) Atlanta beats Minny

3) We beat Green Bay

4) New York beats Minny

5) Chicago beats Houston to win the NFC North.

Complicated.... yes! Unlikely... yes! But without hope, whats the point of watching.....

Happy Holidays everyone.

we will know our fate by the end of sunday. it will be nice to have a slim chance going into the final week. I guess were going to have to cheer for the:

Chargers to beat the Bucs

Falcons to beat the Vikings

Ravens to beat the Cowboys

Redskins to beat Philly

You figure at least 2 of 4 will happen. I really think the Bucs are finished, they have overachieved all year and stole a victory from us. I think the Chargers will win as they are still alive in the weak AFC West.

I also think the Falcons will upset Minny in Minny as they are in a must win situation. .

Hopefully Carolina beats New York so New York is extra motivated to beat Minny during the finaly week of the season. If Minny somehow loses vs Atlanta and we beat Green Bay i think we make the playoffs.

So in order:

1) Carolina beats New York

2) Atlanta beats Minny

3) We beat Green Bay

4) New York beats Minny

5) Chicago beats Houston to win the NFC North.

Complicated.... yes! Unlikely... yes! But without hope, whats the point of watching.....

Happy Holidays everyone.

2 big keys this weekend. Altanta beating Minny and Carolina beating NY. If NY loses 3 in a row, Coughlin will be extra pissed and will not go into Minny to play it safe.

Peace :dabears

But how often could this be said. For most teams, I think fans could say that a few breaks go their way and they win several more.

Sorry, but the teams that go to the playoffs are often the ones who are best able to make their own breaks. Everyone suffers injuries, but some teams compensate better than others. Everyone, at some point or another, is in that "make or break" situation, and the teams who step up more often end up in the playoffs. We had our opportunities, but failed to step up.

Whoever is playing the Lions?

In all seriousness, I predicted 9-7 or 10-6 with a first round playoff loss at the beginning of the season. That's pretty much how it's been although I have been disappointed by the defense, and pleasantly surprised by the offense.

it's a crime to go 10-6 and miss the playoffs though - that's just weird - when was the last time a 10-6 team didn't make the payoffs?

But how often could this be said. For most teams, I think fans could say that a few breaks go their way and they win several more.

Sorry, but the teams that go to the playoffs are often the ones who are best able to make their own breaks. Everyone suffers injuries, but some teams compensate better than others. Everyone, at some point or another, is in that "make or break" situation, and the teams who step up more often end up in the playoffs. We had our opportunities, but failed to step up.

Agree. All we can do now is win out, and that is not going to be easy, as everyone is now jumping on the Texan's baandwagon. Then we have to hope the Queens do their part and lose out. Either way, win out and either make the playoffs or build for next season.

Sorry but the Giants don't even scare me right now. They have lost 2 in a row now and have not looked good in either game. Heck they looked pathetic against the Eagles and only managed 8 pts against Dallas who sacked Eli 8 freakin times. The Giants are a very good time but not unbeatable do not scare me. The hottest team in the NFC lately is actually Queens and we have proven that they are beatable.

Our own coaches scare me more than any other team...besides the Steelers. They are tough, and winning games however they can. They are dangerous.

Sorry but the Giants don't even scare me right now. They have lost 2 in a row now and have not looked good in either game. Heck they looked pathetic against the Eagles and only managed 8 pts against Dallas who sacked Eli 8 freakin times. The Giants are a very good time but not unbeatable do not scare me. The hottest team in the NFC lately is actually Queens and we have proven that they are beatable.

Agreed.

It's the old addage...good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose.

What scares me about the Steelers is that Defense. I believe our D could handle there offense as long as we get pressure on big ben. Big Ben has taken a huge beating this year because of how bad that Oline has played this year. However he continues to find ways to win. Scary.