T. O. cut

VenomSox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you want him?

http://espn.go.com/

You should have titled this "T.O. Cut!" or something like that. I ignored this post at first, then went to PFT and I was stunned.

That being said, if this were 2006, and we were looking at that one guy to get us over the top, I'd say, "Hell yes!" Because you have to assume that TO is going to be like any woman you're with: She'll put out for the first year, and after that she's going to be more of a pain in the ass then anything else.

He's a one year player. No more, no less. Does he get us over the hump? I doubt it.

Either way, Angelo has tried to stay away from these types of players.

Hell yes, and the draft Nicks or Britt and cut Daiis then you have a good crop of WR and one loud mouth to bring the Monster of the Midway attitude back. It would be starting TO and Hester with Bennett, Nicks the other Devin and Rideau in the back up roles and or slot or put Hester in the slot

I would ABSOLUTELY go out and get Owens, no question about it. Yes, he has been known to be a huge cancer, but who is he going to get mad at? Orton has no one else to throw it too anyway outside of Olsen. What do we have to lose? Like others have said? What is there to destroy?

I would ABSOLUTELY go out and get Owens, no question about it. Yes, he has been known to be a huge cancer, but who is he going to get mad at? Orton has no one else to throw it too anyway outside of Olsen. What do we have to lose? Like others have said? What is there to destroy?

The league should step in and force JA to sign TO. We are the team where WRs go to die, so we would be doing the rest of the league a favor in ridding it of the cancer that is TO. Hell, think about it, he couldn't even last with the Cowboys.

No, seriously, I don't want TO in Black and Orange. He would take over the team, swagger about, complain all year, thow everyone under the bus and I'd rather not listen to that crap for the whole year from my team.

NO, NO, and HELL NO.

Anyone on this board who says they don't want me first players and they want players who respect the tradition of the Chicago Bears should say the exact same thing.

Peace :dabears

I agree with you about his attitude, but you have got to look at what he does on the field too. Last year he had 69 catches for 1042 yards and 10 TD'S. Who on the Bears even came close to that other than Forte's 58 catches? Your running back should not be leading the team in catches"if you are a running team" We had no threat downfield on the other side of Hester so Orton was just looking to throw to him or Oslen. But if you put TO in the mix then the teams will have to play the pass evenly between To on one side and Hester on the other. This will take away the 8 man in the box and give us more options in the run game

I agree with you about his attitude, but you have got to look at what he does on the field too. Last year he had 69 catches for 1042 yards and 10 TD'S. Who on the Bears even came close to that other than Forte's 58 catches? Your running back should not be leading the team in catches"if you are a running team" We had no threat downfield on the other side of Hester so Orton was just looking to throw to him or Oslen. But if you put TO in the mix then the teams will have to play the pass evenly between To on one side and Hester on the other. This will take away the 8 man in the box and give us more options in the run game

I wouldnt like it but you have to weigh the good and the bad. Do you think we will throw him the ball enough to keep him happy? He is a upgrade over what we have, but last time I looked I dont think were going to go the Super Bowl next year. He is a two year player and I would rather have a young player get the playing time than let that fat mouth dictate the offensive of this team. He would never work here and we would be complaining what a bad move that was. We dont have a stud qb, other options to get the best out of him.

Yes, TO can play, but what does it say when three teams now have cut him despite the fact that he can play? All three teams that cut him put themselves in weak situations at the WR position, but it didn't matter to them. The most important thing was to get TO out of town.

Here is Dallas, few are upset he is gone. The biggest problem is, he was doing here what he has done everywhere else. He was under-mining the QB and cutting him off at the legs every chance he got. He would call out Romo in film sessions. He would blast Romo in meetings. He would shred Romo during games on the sidelines. Worse, TO is a player who "can be" popular among some other veterans, and TO uses that to create clique's in the locker room, where he then begins to spread his feelings about the QB. And it wasn't just the QB, but also their pro bowl TE Witten, who was a target of TO's wrath because Witten was getting too much of Romo's attention.

Seriously. TO may still be a great WR (I think he is good at this point and not great, but regardless). Three teams now have decided he just isn't worth it. In each of the three cities, he has done the exact same thing. He makes enemies w/ the QB and begins a campaign inside the locker room, as well as in the media, against those QBs. First he calls his QB gay. Then he says his QB is a pussy. Recently he has been saying his QB is a borderline racist, and that is why he prefers Witten to him. Whether it is Orton, or a new QB next year, how the hell can we ever expect a QB to take charge if we add a WR like this.

Honestly, I am going to be very curious to see what TO's market will be, as he has now struck out w/ his 3rd team. In my eyes, TO is worse than most any other WR out there w/ character issues. No other WR I have ever heard of creates the internal problems that TO does, and does so in the same damn manner in every city he goes to. I just really wonder how many teams are going to want to add him, and for what price. Frankly, I would not take him for the minimum. Three strikes, your out.

Few want to do "something" more than I, but this would just be an awful move. As I said in another post, he has now be cut by 3 teams, and all for the same reason. The guy just hates QBs. Seriously. He called his QB gay in SF. He really went to down on McNabb in Phily. And he has been cutting Romo off at the knees every chance he gets in Dallas. What do you think would happen w/ Orton? If those three QBs could not make him happy, what makes you think Orton can? I understand willingness to take risks, but in TO, it just doesn't seem worth it. He is not the player he once was. Romo was throwing to other receivers because TO just wasn't getting open, but in TO's mind, even if he is blanket covered, by 3 defenders, and another player is wide open, the QB should still throw him the ball.

No question, even w/ his game diminished, he would be our best WR (like that is saying much) but he just isn't worth it. I would throw out a stone cold lock guarantee he would be ripping Orton sooner rather than later, and how well do you think Orton will develop when his top weapon is shredding him. That was the key reason Dallas dumped him. W/ TO on the roster, there was no way Romo could ever become a leader. And if your argument is Orton sucks, well then we are likely going to be looking for his replacement, and TO will just stunt that player's ability to lead and develop as well.

hell yeah...still produces more than any other player we have...worth the risk..we need something, anything..just do something

I'm one of the few!

...and I DO NOT WANT THAT CANCER ON OUR TEAM!

No need to explain why, you've done a great job already detailing it.

Few want to do "something" more than I, but this would just be an awful move. As I said in another post, he has now be cut by 3 teams, and all for the same reason. The guy just hates QBs. Seriously. He called his QB gay in SF. He really went to down on McNabb in Phily. And he has been cutting Romo off at the knees every chance he gets in Dallas. What do you think would happen w/ Orton? If those three QBs could not make him happy, what makes you think Orton can? I understand willingness to take risks, but in TO, it just doesn't seem worth it. He is not the player he once was. Romo was throwing to other receivers because TO just wasn't getting open, but in TO's mind, even if he is blanket covered, by 3 defenders, and another player is wide open, the QB should still throw him the ball.

No question, even w/ his game diminished, he would be our best WR (like that is saying much) but he just isn't worth it. I would throw out a stone cold lock guarantee he would be ripping Orton sooner rather than later, and how well do you think Orton will develop when his top weapon is shredding him. That was the key reason Dallas dumped him. W/ TO on the roster, there was no way Romo could ever become a leader. And if your argument is Orton sucks, well then we are likely going to be looking for his replacement, and TO will just stunt that player's ability to lead and develop as well.

He is a major pain in the ass that is not worth the time or money spent on his malcontent ass. Think back when he was with the 49ers and he had that game against us and caught some 20 odd passes for a new record and do you think he could have been humble about it, no freakin way!!!!!!!!!!! His attitude in the locker room and on the sidelines would be far too much of a distraction versus and investment. There is no way in hell that anyone would ever be able to prove to me that he is worth any type of risk. I know we need a legitimate receiver however, T.O. is definitely the wrong piece to the puzzle. Stay the hell away from this problem.

NO, NO, and HELL NO.

Anyone on this board who says they don't want me first players and they want players who respect the tradition of the Chicago Bears should say the exact same thing.

Peace :dabears

Or, conversely...

YES, YES, and HELL YES.

Anyone on this board who says they want to win, and want to see the Bears have a respectable offense, should say the exact same thing.

==================

Personally, I'm all for signing a few character guys if it means they are going to kick ass on the field. People that are unknowns like Benson are one thing, but guys like Owens who have ripped the league a new a-hole for the last decade are another. Sign him now, and he immediately makes Hester more dangerous on deep routes, the running game stronger, and the tight ends more open. As I've said for years now, I would rather have a few guys people hate and win the Super Bowl than a team full of boy scouts who finish around .500 every year. I swear; half of the guys on the 85 roster would have been "NO NO NO" guys to half the people on this board.

TO may have called Garcia a fag, and railed on McNabb...but correct me if I'm wrong...didn't he cry in SUPPORT of Romo? I'm not saying that it's an action indicative of all his media interactions, but he seemed to be on Romo's side more often than not.

Also, let's not forget that everywhere he's been, the QB there has looked better. There is no mystery in that statement.