Highlight Tape

BearSox

Hey, I have recently uploaded my highlight tape of my senior year in football onto youtube and I wanted to post it here. I just want to here what all the amateur scouts here think of it. I hope you don't mind me posting it in this section, but this is where all the trafic is...

I recommed going to the youtube link to view it, but you don't have to. It's just that the video is bigger and easy to spot me at youtube. Also, make sure you hit the HQ button at the bottom right, as it does make a big difference.

EDIT: For some reason I can't get the video to post on here, so you have to go to the link, sorry.

" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciM1vA-9Ww&hl=en&fs=1"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciM1vA-9Ww&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

EDIT: This ain't working for some reason.

It's obviously tough to make a left guard highlight tape. I have a couple suggestions:

1. If you are able, try to get a spotlight on yourself. I don't know how to do this, but I tihnk it's relatively easy with the right software. I'm sure someone here could tell you how. The video is from pretty far away, so most plays I lost you pretty quickly.

2. I would pick the best 3 or 4 plays you made all year and put them first. Any play where you lay someone out, especially if you pull and move well and then kcock someone out of the play would be good. A lot of people aren't going to watch your whole tape, so you want what they see to be your best. Whoever is looking at this will be looking at a LOT of other tapes, and offensive guard tapes are probably not the most exciting, so make the first couple highlights grab your attention. It looked like you fell down on one of the first couple plays (though i couldn't tell for sure, since i lost which one was you, like i said), and i don't think i'd put that as one of my first plays.

Nice work and good luck. It's funny how you have a mental picture of message board people without ever seeing them. My mental picture of you was a middle aged man looking like one of the superfans from SNL. Since you're in high school, i was obviously way off.

Best of luck Bearsox. I agree with the way to spotlight yourself, that would be huge. I'm a complete novice when it comes to breaking down or looking at tape but I had a really hard time following the play. The other thing I might do would be to remove some of the footage and instead slow motion some of your good plays so people can follow you and do others in full speed so they can see the actual live speed.

And I have zero experience in this so I'm not certain. Oh and one other idea would be to right after the beginning to start it off with a picture of you cause than a scout could get an idea of your body type and stuff like that.

Nice work! Keep it up!

Hey, I have recently uploaded my highlight tape of my senior year in football onto youtube and I wanted to post it here. I just want to here what all the amateur scouts here think of it. I hope you don't mind me posting it in this section, but this is where all the trafic is...

I recommed going to the youtube link to view it, but you don't have to. It's just that the video is bigger and easy to spot me at youtube. Also, make sure you hit the HQ button at the bottom right, as it does make a big difference.

EDIT: For some reason I can't get the video to post on here, so you have to go to the link, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciM1vA-9Ww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciM1vA-9Ww

The things that I loved is that your feet were constantly moving forward. You never gave up on any play even when your man beat you, you still did what you could to get back in there and pancake him. I absolutely love your explosion off the ball., I think that is 1 reason you personally did pretty well. I agree with the other guys of what to do with the tape though.

The things that I loved is that your feet were constantly moving forward. You never gave up on any play even when your man beat you, you still did what you could to get back in there and pancake him. I absolutely love your explosion off the ball., I think that is 1 reason you personally did pretty well. I agree with the other guys of what to do with the tape though.

I will have my friend take a look at the tape as well. He was also a LT so I think he could evaluate better than I could, I played QB but never for High School.

Thanks for the compliments.

This tape is an edited version of the one I sent out to the coaches. To make the tape, we used this program which had all the plays cut up, and to be honest, the original version is pretty bad. I mean it's not bad quality or anything, it's pretty much the same as this but with a lot more useless junk. I didn't have time to do a lot of editing before I sent it out, and I only really sent it out to some JuCo's.

I mainly re-did the highlight tape because I was bored and did it for fun, and to show it to some friends and family members...

No scholarship offers really except some partial ones from a couple NAIA schools. I was really a late bloomer and didn't really realize any of potential until my senior year. Played in grammar school, didn't play my freshman year (probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life so far), was a backup sophomore year, Junior Year I was 6'2" 220 and probably 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, and finally senior year with a new coach (who helped give me the drive I needed) I was 6'3.5" 250 (6'4" 265 is where I'm at now) and started every game, every snap, for a team that was a legit state contender.

I'm really leaning towards going to JuCo (Junior College) right now, and in fact I am 99.9% that's the route I'm gonna take (just a matter of choosing the right one, and I have it narrowed down, just depends on who the new HC is). I might also walk on at NIU, but I'm really only talking to them right now in hopes of being on their radar after a year (hopefully only a semester) or two in JuCo.

Also, for my JuCo highlight tape, I'll get it done by a professional where they can put an arrow or spotlight on me. Also, with the JuCo, I will have access to more tight views and endzone views where I can show multiple angles, and such. For my best plays I can play it fast normally from the wide sideline view and then slow motion it again in the tight endzone view.

Also, the JuCo I'm looking at (Harper) is one of the best in the Nation and basically have 4 holes on the OLine they have to fill.

This tape is an edited version of the one I sent out to the coaches. To make the tape, we used this program which had all the plays cut up, and to be honest, the original version is pretty bad. I mean it's not bad quality or anything, it's pretty much the same as this but with a lot more useless junk. I didn't have time to do a lot of editing before I sent it out, and I only really sent it out to some JuCo's.

I mainly re-did the highlight tape because I was bored and did it for fun, and to show it to some friends and family members...

No scholarship offers really except some partial ones from a couple NAIA schools. I was really a late bloomer and didn't really realize any of potential until my senior year. Played in grammar school, didn't play my freshman year (probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life so far), was a backup sophomore year, Junior Year I was 6'2" 220 and probably 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, and finally senior year with a new coach (who helped give me the drive I needed) I was 6'3.5" 250 (6'4" 265 is where I'm at now) and started every game, every snap, for a team that was a legit state contender.

I'm really leaning towards going to JuCo (Junior College) right now, and in fact I am 99.9% that's the route I'm gonna take (just a matter of choosing the right one, and I have it narrowed down, just depends on who the new HC is). I might also walk on at NIU, but I'm really only talking to them right now in hopes of being on their radar after a year (hopefully only a semester) or two in JuCo.

Also, for my JuCo highlight tape, I'll get it done by a professional where they can put an arrow or spotlight on me. Also, with the JuCo, I will have access to more tight views and endzone views where I can show multiple angles, and such. For my best plays I can play it fast normally from the wide sideline view and then slow motion it again in the tight endzone view.

Also, the JuCo I'm looking at (Harper) is one of the best in the Nation and basically have 4 holes on the OLine they have to fill.

Bear Sox, I really liked your ability to get downfield and "find" someone to block. RB's will love that, opponents DB's, not so much.

Nice work and good luck. It's funny how you have a mental picture of message board people without ever seeing them. My mental picture of you was a middle aged man looking like one of the superfans from SNL. Since you're in high school, i was obviously way off.

Don't worry, I'm half polish and will probably eventually be there.

BearSox--

Hey nice highlight film and thanks for sharing. I wish I had a video from when I represented my TF South Varsity Baseball team in a hitting contest both my Junior and Senior years at Comiskey Park in the 92' and 93'. My senior year I took 3rd place too bad I only have a couple of pictures and no video. Not bad for a kid who did not even make the freshman team when I was at Curie HS before transfering to TF SOuth as a Soph. I tried out at SIU as a walk-on but it was a joke of a try out beside not many schools will give a 5'5" 155lb guy a chance. I probably could of played at a JUCO but decided to attend a University. I am glad that I at least tried out becasue I did not want to have any regrets later in life.

Don't be discourage about being a late bloomer which is not always a bad thing. You have some talent and a good frame to get bigger but what can be the difference is your drive and how much you want it. There are many success stories out there and all you have to do is go out and give it your best and you never know what can happen!

Hey bro, I had my buddy look at the tape.(he played Guard in high school and this is what he had to say.

"He's a road-grater when it comes to run blocking. He's gets to the second level (past the d-line to the LBs and DBs) very quickly with a good, consistent burst off the line. With double team blocks he does a very good job of staying "hip-to-hip" with the other blocker to make sure the defender doesn't slip between the two of them. He's good at sealing off the defender on the inside running game to help create a hole or alley. He's very stout in pass protection. One "negative" thing I noticed was that when he gets into open space, like on a WR screen, it seems hard for him to find someone to hit. Also, at times, his pad level would be a little high. If he sticks his facemask in the other guys' chest, he can use his size and power much more effectively. Overall he looks pretty good though."

Hey bro, this is what my friend had to say about the tape(he played Guard in High School)

"He's a road-grater when it comes to run blocking. He's gets to the second level (past the d-line to the LBs and DBs) very quickly with a good, consistent burst off the line. With double team blocks he does a very good job of staying "hip-to-hip" with the other blocker to make sure the defender doesn't slip between the two of them. He's good at sealing off the defender on the inside running game to help create a hole or alley. He's very stout in pass protection. One "negative" thing I noticed was that when he gets into open space, like on a WR screen, it seems hard for him to find someone to hit. Also, at times, his pad level would be a little high. If he sticks his facemask in the other guys' chest, he can use his size and power much more effectively. Overall he looks pretty good though."

Hey bro, this is what my friend had to say about the tape(he played Guard in High School)