Marko Mitchell, Nevada

Height: 6-4. Weight: 213.

Projected 40 Time: 4.45.

Combine 40 Time: 4.46.

Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.

Vertical: 32.5. Broad: 10-3.

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

Austin Collie, WR, BYU

He's a little older than other prospects since he's coming from BYU and had his two year mission in there, but he also looks ready to contribute right away. I'm not sure you can say the same thing about a guy like Barden.

I'll bet we go almost all defense in this draft, which is fine with me because angelo has a much better track record drafting defensively, and frankly right now i think our biggest hole is at FS (we may have even worse depth there than at WR). Also if a guy who has the ceiling of being an elite pass rusher is there (ie Michael Johnson) in the second round, thats where I go as well. With the exception of Robiskie (who i think will be gone early 2nd anyways) I dont really see a reciever that will play right away. WRs frequently take a development year. Andy Reid says its the one position that almost always takes a year or two for the guy to make an impact after drafting (which is why he was shocked with Jackson this year). I personally think some of that has to do with WR beign the one spot that GMs tend to ignore wonderlic scores, but also it just takes some guys a while to learn how to run crisp, nfl calibur routes

I know it's old news, but I would really love to see Duke Robinson with the second rounder. If available, he'd be a great young player to bolster the Bears' OL, protect the new franchise QB, and grow alongside Williams. I could see the trio together in the huddle for the next ten years.

Now that the Bears have him, I don't want him to run into the David Carr problem of having the talent, but constantly being held back by a weak OL.

First, I think the 2nd round will be for defense. Just take a look at what all we have done on offense, both last year and this offseason in FA, and I think Angelo is going to go very heavy on D in this draft, starting w/ a FS in round 2. I do think we will see a WR, likely in round 3, and that could be the last time we see us draft offense until the 7th.

Robiskie should be gone before our 2nd. Of the rest, the team is reportedly very high on the Mossaqaui kid, and I think Barden too, though I think Barden is the sort of WR who could go higher in the draft than expected simply due to his size.

If I had to guess, I would say Mossaqaui, Iglesias or maybe Murphy will be a bear.

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State - Scouting Report

Height: 6-3. Weight: 209.

Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Combine 40 Time: 4.49.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.52.

Vertical: 37.5.

Louis Murphy, Florida

Height: 6-3. Weight: 207.

Projected 40 Time: 4.33.

Combine 40 Time: 4.43.

Vertical: . Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

Ramses Barden, Cal Poly-SLO

Height: 6-6. Weight: 227.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Combine 40 Time: 4.57.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.51.

Vertical: . Broad: 10-2.

Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

Aaron Kelly, Clemson

Height: 6-5. Weight: 204.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Vertical: 38. Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 4-5.

Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia

Height: 6-2. Weight: 207.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Vertical: . Broad: 10-7.

Projected Round (2009): 5.

Marko Mitchell, Nevada

Come draft day, just breath and remember how you felt yesterday afternoon. Close your eyes and go to your "happy place" because if you want OL, I think you are going to be sick. I will throw down the prediction that we see one OG drafted, but not until the 7th round, and likely w/ one of the late 7th compensation picks.

I know all the arguments. I have made them myself many times. But step back and take a look at this point. On the OL, you and I can debate the quality day and night, but the fact remains we have added 3 veterans for the OL, including one future HOF player. Meanwhile, look also at the weapons our franchise QB will have to throw to. Hester and Bennett yes, but then what? Then theres the defense, which has not gotten much attention. Last year, top 3 picks were offense, and this year, little done in FA. I think that we will see a WR drafting in either round 3 or 4, and that will be it for offense until the 7th.

I know it's old news, but I would really love to see Duke Robinson with the second rounder. If available, he'd be a great young player to bolster the Bears' OL, protect the new franchise QB, and grow alongside Williams. I could see the trio together in the huddle for the next ten years.

Now that the Bears have him, I don't want him to run into the David Carr problem of having the talent, but constantly being held back by a weak OL.

First, I think the 2nd round will be for defense. Just take a look at what all we have done on offense, both last year and this offseason in FA, and I think Angelo is going to go very heavy on D in this draft, starting w/ a FS in round 2. I do think we will see a WR, likely in round 3, and that could be the last time we see us draft offense until the 7th.

Robiskie should be gone before our 2nd. Of the rest, the team is reportedly very high on the Mossaqaui kid, and I think Barden too, though I think Barden is the sort of WR who could go higher in the draft than expected simply due to his size.

If I had to guess, I would say Mossaqaui, Iglesias or maybe Murphy will be a bear.

I agree with your logic, but it will all be determined by who is on the board at the time. I think if Robiskie is there, they will pull the trigger. I agree Johnson is probably the guy with a deep WR class and not deep in Safteys.

Sure, if a player drops further than expected, anything at that point can happen. I am talking about what I think our strategy heading into the draft will be.

I agree with your logic, but it will all be determined by who is on the board at the time. I think if Robiskie is there, they will pull the trigger. I agree Johnson is probably the guy with a deep WR class and not deep in Safteys.

Barden seems like the one guys we don't already potentially have. Big target for Cutler to hit...

I;d be OK with virtually all others. But, I still sould aim for a OL.

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State - Scouting Report

Height: 6-3. Weight: 209.

Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.52.

Vertical: 37.5.

Louis Murphy, Florida

Height: 6-3. Weight: 207.

Projected 40 Time: 4.33.

Combine 40 Time: 4.43.

Vertical: . Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

Ramses Barden, Cal Poly-SLO

Height: 6-6. Weight: 227.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Vertical: . Broad: 10-2.

Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

Aaron Kelly, Clemson

Height: 6-5. Weight: 204.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Vertical: 38. Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 4-5.

Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia

Height: 6-2. Weight: 207.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Vertical: . Broad: 10-7.

Projected Round (2009): 5.

Marko Mitchell, Nevada

Come draft day, just breath and remember how you felt yesterday afternoon. Close your eyes and go to your "happy place" because if you want OL, I think you are going to be sick. I will throw down the prediction that we see one OG drafted, but not until the 7th round, and likely w/ one of the late 7th compensation picks.

I know all the arguments. I have made them myself many times. But step back and take a look at this point. On the OL, you and I can debate the quality day and night, but the fact remains we have added 3 veterans for the OL, including one future HOF player. Meanwhile, look also at the weapons our franchise QB will have to throw to. Hester and Bennett yes, but then what? Then theres the defense, which has not gotten much attention. Last year, top 3 picks were offense, and this year, little done in FA. I think that we will see a WR drafting in either round 3 or 4, and that will be it for offense until the 7th.

i don't really look for an offensive lineman until late in the draft either if even then. as it played out, getting cuttler, i am not as objectionable as i was before this deal went down. with that in mind, the pace signing was an excellent decision by angelo for the simple reason cuttler needs someone to keep him clean and betting your established franchise qb on a rookie to do so was not a good idea in my opinion.

another reason is that there's just are too many bodies in camp with all the free agent OL pickups to draft a 4th round or lower lineman. we need to let the dust on this settle and make our draft move next season to fill the future offensive line positions, especially right tackle as a must. also.......

what i look for is williams to move into the left guard spot next to pace. we should have a 2 year window before pace explodes. this gives him good experience playing on the left side next to an all-pro LOT. i know some will say he is more of a finess (sp) type of player but i really don't see that as a major problem if they put him on the left side. he has the speed and ability to be a decent pulling guard and much of our running attack probably will go to the strong side. he should excel in pass protection.

this move by angelo picking up cuttler is excellent and i agree with others that it was a good pickup no matter how it plays out. i also have to add that this puts angelo back on an even keel in my opinion but...

it also does not give him a free pass in our draft future. he still HAS to draft well and with a lot more thought than he has in the past for this franchise to advance.

Barden seems like the one guys we don't already potentially have. Big target for Cutler to hit...

I;d be OK with virtually all others. But, I still sould aim for a OL.

Thats where Olsen or potentially a Matt Jones could fit in nicely too. Given that we lost draft picks, I think we'll see the Bears make one more offensive addition on the FA front and than see them try to address the guard or tackle spot if someone slides in the 2nd round, otherwise the priority will be on a high upside project DE and a guy that can come in and start immediately at the safety position.

i saw jeff dickerson at the place espn radio was doing their show tonight.... i talked to him about what the bears could potentially do in the draft....heres what he had to say

DE: bears want to get a DE...anderson, ogunleye and idonije are all FAs at end of this year...i asked him about michael johnson out of Ga tech because I really like him....JD said he likes him too, thinks hes a good fit, but he asked bears people about him recently and the bears supposedly do not like him...not sure why, but they dont like him at all

I asked him about Delmas potentially in the second round and he said they will draft a safety, but maybe not in 2nd round. He said bears like Bullocks, at least for depth.

JD said as of 2 days ago bears were for sure looking at tackle and he sounded like he thinks they will still look at a tackle or O line help at some point in this draft even though they have shaffer and pace. From the sound of it, he thinks the draft could be heavy on defense, but the second round pick could be either OT or WR....didn't have time to ask about specific WR, but he thinks we will also draft a WR, potentially in teh second

also he thinks the bears see LB as a place they need to fill and will draft a LB as well...

I love Iglesias, Williams, Britt, and Robiskie, but I doubt we go any of those 4 for the reasons that 2 of those won't be there and I doubt we take Iglesias or Williams. I don't like Massaqoui at all but supposedly we've put him through a private workout. Mind you, he is NOT a 2nd round pick but probably with our 3rd or even our 4th. I also like Barden but he's a 3rd round guy, not a 2nd.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/04/dr...he_bears_i.html

Kenny Britt, Rutgers, 6-3, 218 pounds.

The skinny: Britt is a big target who has been clocked fastest at about 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He was wildly productive for the Scarlet Knights but the competition in the Big East isn't the best. He could make an impact quickly as a possession guy with the size to give defensive backs problems. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner showed up at the Rutgers pro day.

The chance: Britt will likely be off the board well before the Bears select. He could go in the second half of the first round.

Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma, 6-1, 210.

The skinny: Ran a 4.5-second 40 at the combine and reportedly did well with his route running at his pro day. He's a tough performer who will go over the middle and do the dirty work. Has a burst in short space. The Bears like players from big programs, especially OU, but Minnesota might be showing the most interest in Iglesias at this point

UPDATED: The Bears will put Iglesias through a private workout on Tuesday, a day before he travels to Minnesota for a visit. So interest in him is rising.

The chance: There is a good chance he will be available at No. 49. Will probably be in the discussion.

Mohamed Massaquoi, Georgia, 6-2, 210.

The skinny: Boosted his stock with a strong senior season and then again when he was clocked between 4.47 and 4.53 seconds in the 40 at his pro day. Good leaper. Runs good routes. Was a two-time captain for the Bulldogs. The Bears are interested enough that wide receivers coach Darryl Drake will head in for a private workout next week.

The chance: There is a good chance he will be available at No. 49. Will probably be in the discussion.

Louis Murphy, Florida, 6-3, 203.

The skinny: Murphy blazed through the 40 in 4.32 seconds at the combine and wisely chose to stand on that number at his pro day. He has the speed to be a dynamic vertical threat but there is some boom-or-bust factor written on him. Raw skills might make him worth a shot.

The chance: There is a good chance he will be available at No. 49. Could be in the discussion.

Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina, 6-1, 212.

The skinny: Nicks is an explosive run-after-the-catch target who the Bears have shown great interest in with Gabriel attending the pro day and then Drake going in for a private workout. Nicks does a lot of things naturally and could thrive quickly at the next level.

The chance: Slim. Nicks took a hit when he was out of shape at his pro day but he's still targeted for the middle to end of the first round.

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State, 6-3, 209.

The skinny: Might possess the best hands of the group. Allayed concerns about his speed by running a 4.5 40 at the combine and then had a 37.5-inch vertical jump. Comes from a big program and is considered a strong character guy. Upside is he is a No. 2 who catches everything in sight. Downside is he is a possession guy on third down who doesn't gain a lot of separation. The Bears are known to be looking into him.

Mike Wallace, Ole Miss, 6-1, 199.

The skinny: Opened eyes with a hot 40 time at the combine, clocking in at 4.32 seconds. Has the speed to be a vertical threat and has a frame that he can fill out a little bit more. Definite risk/reward to this selection.

The chance: There is a good chance he will be available at No. 49. Probably too early for him to come off the board.

Derrick Williams, Penn State, 6-0, 194.

The skinny: Will the real Derrick Williams please stand up. Ran a miserable 4.65 40 at the combine. Followed it up with a 4.37 at his pro day. Something isn't right here. Had solid career for Nittany Lions and possesses traits to be successful in NFL right away. Just not sure.

The chance: There is a good chance he will be available at No. 49. Could be in the discussion.

Another couple guys to keep in mind a little later in the draft:

Aaron Kelly, Clemson - Another huge target who had a huge junior year (88/1081/11), but came back to earth last year. If you're look for a "Brandon Marshall-type" a little later than Ramses Barden will be drafted, but maybe a little more ready to contribute, he might be a good option

Jarett Dillard, Rice - He's only 5'10', but he led all receivers at the combine with at 42.5' vertical and his last three years of production have been insane:

Year G R Yds Avg TD

2006 13 91 1,247 13.7 21

2007 12 79 1,057 13.4 14

2008 13 87 1,310 15.1 20

Another couple guys to keep in mind a little later in the draft:

Aaron Kelly, Clemson - Another huge target who had a huge junior year (88/1081/11), but came back to earth last year. If you're look for a "Brandon Marshall-type" a little later than Ramses Barden will be drafted, but maybe a little more ready to contribute, he might be a good option

Jarett Dillard, Rice - He's only 5'10', but he led all receivers at the combine with at 42.5' vertical and his last three years of production have been insane:

Year G R Yds Avg TD

2006 13 91 1,247 13.7 21

2007 12 79 1,057 13.4 14

2008 13 87 1,310 15.1 20

Another guy to look at is Knox/Abileen Chr, big production, and 4.34 speed. Maybe a 4th or 5th round pickup.

Come draft day, just breath and remember how you felt yesterday afternoon. Close your eyes and go to your "happy place" because if you want OL, I think you are going to be sick.

Damn good point. It is a downer that the next two drafts won't be nearly as meaningful, but it was well worth it (assuming Cutler doesn't suck).

Agreed with the o-line. We currently have 7 guys on the roster who are either very talented or very proven. I see us going back to only keeping 7 0-lineman on the roster (not counting Mannelly). Beekman & Shafer will back-up and both can play multiple positions.

The one thing we have to look at with this trade is that our lack of a #1 pick next year might have an impact with how we draft this year. I'd previously assumed that next year our #1 priority would be DE, with Wale, Idonije, & possibly Mark Anderson all being free agents. DE might be our priority.

Then again, the whole point of trading for Cutler was being able to stretch the field. Hester is the only guy we have who can do that & top speed receivers should go quickly. There likely won't be a player like that available by the time we draft at the end of round 3. Last year I felt like we didn't really want Bennett, since he's more of a slot receiver, but we settled for him since everyone else was gone.

Due to our lack of high end picks, I no longer see us taking a safety in round #2 unless a top guy falls to us and we go with the "best available." I look for us to take a safety in the 4th or with one of our two fifths.

FS is a place I think we may look if WR/DE/OT isn't what we like, here's a list that could very well be available at 49:

Louis Delmas FS Western Michigan

5-11 202 40=4.53

skinny: tough/physical, great instincts/awareness, plays run well, can deliver a big hit, can match up in coverage, always in the action, decent hands and ball skills, team leader

fat: not blazing fast, doesn't have the burst to close, gets too aggressive, takes bad angles at times, may struggle in man coverage

William Moore FS/SS Missouri

6-0 221 40=4.53

skinny: has nice size/bulk and very athletic that tough/physical, huge hitter that can put fear in opposition, great against the run, has burst to close, strong work ethic, team leader.

fat: durability, instincts, slow in reading/reacting, average speed, struggles in man coverage, may be better if he shed some weight

Rashad Joshson FS Alabama

5-11 203 4.53

skinny: terrific hands, excellant instincts, reads and reacts quickly, can match up in man coverage, high football IQ - a coach on the field, great leader

fat: not elite athlete, average size, not as tough/physical, doesn't have great burst, not as great in run support,

Darcel McBath FS Texas Tech

6-0 198 40=4.55

skinny: adequate size/bulk, athletic, decent hands, can match up in man coverage, good instincts, smart/hard worker, team leader

fat: short arms, not very strong/physical, has trouble getting off blocks

Sean Smith CB/FS Utah

6-3 214 4.53

skinny: Excellent size/bulk, long arms, nice athleticism, good hands, decent speed, physical/aggressive, good run support, can jam at line well, read/reacts quickly.

fat: needs to get stronger, hips not fluid enough/struggles to turn w/ WR, too aggressive at times, tendency to get beat deep, lacks burst to close, raw/not great technician

Jairus Byrd CB/FS Oregon

5-10 207 40=4.68

skinny: excellent athleticism, decent hieght/bulk, great ball skills, physical/aggressive, good run support, good jam, nice instincts/awareness, strong work ethics, NFL bloodline.

fat: not great speed, lacks the burst, struggles against speedy WR, not a big hitter,

Sherrod Martin CB/FS

6-1 198 4.52

skinny: Terrific athlete w/ size/bulk, great speed/acceleration, very physical, great tackler, delivers the big hit, aggressive, plays through pain,

fat: health/durability will be a concern, a little older (did his mission or something like that) , didn't face top competition

Looks like JA is also eyeing a possible move up in the second if an impact WR starts to slip:

And on the subject of the Bears, don't count them out of draft-day dealing. General manager Jerry Angelo says the team already is discussing scenarios in which it can move up from its 17th spot in the second round to acquire a "bubble first-rounder" early in the second round. Angelo also is open to the possibility of moving down if the round does not break right.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0...0,3366579.story

FS is a place I think we may look if WR/DE/OT isn't what we like, here's a list that could very well be available at 49:

Louis Delmas FS Western Michigan

5-11 202 40=4.53

skinny: tough/physical, great instincts/awareness, plays run well, can deliver a big hit, can match up in coverage, always in the action, decent hands and ball skills, team leader

fat: not blazing fast, doesn't have the burst to close, gets too aggressive, takes bad angles at times, may struggle in man coverage

William Moore FS/SS Missouri

6-0 221 40=4.53

skinny: has nice size/bulk and very athletic that tough/physical, huge hitter that can put fear in opposition, great against the run, has burst to close, strong work ethic, team leader.

fat: durability, instincts, slow in reading/reacting, average speed, struggles in man coverage, may be better if he shed some weight

Rashad Joshson FS Alabama

5-11 203 4.53

skinny: terrific hands, excellant instincts, reads and reacts quickly, can match up in man coverage, high football IQ - a coach on the field, great leader

fat: not elite athlete, average size, not as tough/physical, doesn't have great burst, not as great in run support,

Darcel McBath FS Texas Tech

6-0 198 40=4.55

skinny: adequate size/bulk, athletic, decent hands, can match up in man coverage, good instincts, smart/hard worker, team leader

fat: short arms, not very strong/physical, has trouble getting off blocks

Sean Smith CB/FS Utah

6-3 214 4.53

skinny: Excellent size/bulk, long arms, nice athleticism, good hands, decent speed, physical/aggressive, good run support, can jam at line well, read/reacts quickly.

fat: needs to get stronger, hips not fluid enough/struggles to turn w/ WR, too aggressive at times, tendency to get beat deep, lacks burst to close, raw/not great technician

Jairus Byrd CB/FS Oregon

5-10 207 40=4.68

skinny: excellent athleticism, decent hieght/bulk, great ball skills, physical/aggressive, good run support, good jam, nice instincts/awareness, strong work ethics, NFL bloodline.

fat: not great speed, lacks the burst, struggles against speedy WR, not a big hitter,

Sherrod Martin CB/FS

6-1 198 4.52

skinny: Terrific athlete w/ size/bulk, great speed/acceleration, very physical, great tackler, delivers the big hit, aggressive, plays through pain,

fat: health/durability will be a concern, a little older (did his mission or something like that) , didn't face top competition

That would probably be my preference at this point. If you don't sort out the defense, Cutler's not going to make enough of a difference.

Looks like JA is also eyeing a possible move up in the second if an impact WR starts to slip:

And on the subject of the Bears, don't count them out of draft-day dealing. General manager Jerry Angelo says the team already is discussing scenarios in which it can move up from its 17th spot in the second round to acquire a "bubble first-rounder" early in the second round. Angelo also is open to the possibility of moving down if the round does not break right.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0...0,3366579.story

Its a possiblity, but we would be trading every tradeable pick to move up about 15 slots, that may give us: RD2-35, 3-99, 7-246, 7-251. I can see us doing it if that one player is available (hmmmm-I wonder who that may be)

2-49 = 410

4-119 = 56

5-140 = 36

5-154 = 30

6-191 = 15

-------------------

.......... 547 pts = PICK 35 (3rd pick in the 2nd RD)

This could be our mock:

2-35

Hakeem Nicks WR - doubtful he's there, but not impossible

Micheal Johnson DE - possible, but reports from Bears camp - not too high on him

Aaron Maybin DE -

Larry English DE-

Robert Ayers DE-

Brian Robiskie WR

Kenny Britt WR

James Laurinitis LB

William Beatty OT

Phil Loadholdt OT

3-99

Sherrod Martin FS

Darcel McBath FS

Andy Levitre OG

Kraig Urbik OG

Ramses Barden WR

Austin Collie WR

Brandon Tate WR

Jarrett Dillard WR

Brandon Gibson WR

Johnny Knox WR

With the 49th pick I'd include Paul Kruger from Utah. He's an all-around DE who good at getting to the QB. Also in the 2nd, Derrick Williams is the next best WR you didn't mention. There's a good chance Robiskie & Britt will be gone.

Most draft guides have a several safeties projected to go in round 4. That might make sense for the Bears.

Its a possiblity, but we would be trading every tradeable pick to move up about 15 slots, that may give us: RD2-35, 3-99, 7-246, 7-251. I can see us doing it if that one player is available (hmmmm-I wonder who that may be)

2-49 = 410

4-119 = 56

5-140 = 36

5-154 = 30

6-191 = 15

-------------------

.......... 547 pts = PICK 35 (3rd pick in the 2nd RD)

This could be our mock:

2-35

Hakeem Nicks WR - doubtful he's there, but not impossible

Micheal Johnson DE - possible, but reports from Bears camp - not too high on him

Aaron Maybin DE -

Larry English DE-

Robert Ayers DE-

Brian Robiskie WR

Kenny Britt WR

James Laurinitis LB

William Beatty OT

Phil Loadholdt OT

3-99

Sherrod Martin FS

Darcel McBath FS

Andy Levitre OG