A golden nugget from the Score?

Stinger226

For the longest time everyone said how randy moss was a cancer. He attacked a meter maid in minnesota. Admitedly took plays off in Oakland. And now he is in a great organization where the coaches fit his personality and he thrives.

This is just an observation:

-Moss didn't do well with enabling coaches but does well with a hardnosed coach.

-Plaxico already has played with two of the most hardnosed coaches in Cowher and Coughlin with mixed reviews. Maybe a less agressive and more enabling coach like lovie would be better with him.

Point is do we want to take the chance.

I say no for two reasons.

First, do you want a mental midget that isnt' even smart enough to put the safety on when a loaded gun is in his pocket. Not to mention his narcisistic disregard for rules (how many speeding tickets in a month).

Second, I know we are excited for Cutler to be here but if we are gonna run behind Cutler with a "whatever you say" attitude everytime he makes a phone call, then we are screwed before we get started. Just like Parcells wanted to be in charge of buying the groceries if he was going to be the chef, then let the front office do the same. They are the chefs and Cutler is in charge of delivering the food the chefs put on the plate.

For the longest time everyone said how randy moss was a cancer. He attacked a meter maid in minnesota. Admitedly took plays off in Oakland. And now he is in a great organization where the coaches fit his personality and he thrives.

This is just an observation:

-Moss didn't do well with enabling coaches but does well with a hardnosed coach.

-Plaxico already has played with two of the most hardnosed coaches in Cowher and Coughlin with mixed reviews. Maybe a less agressive and more enabling coach like lovie would be better with him.

Point is do we want to take the chance.

I say no for two reasons.

First, do you want a mental midget that isnt' even smart enough to put the safety on when a loaded gun is in his pocket. Not to mention his narcisistic disregard for rules (how many speeding tickets in a month).

Second, I know we are excited for Cutler to be here but if we are gonna run behind Cutler with a "whatever you say" attitude everytime he makes a phone call, then we are screwed before we get started. Just like Parcells wanted to be in charge of buying the groceries if he was going to be the chef, then let the front office do the same. They are the chefs and Cutler is in charge of delivering the food the chefs put on the plate.

I agree with the mental midget point, to a degree. That's for the staff to inverstigate. Some guys just love speed. To me that's minor.

The second point I really disagree with. Do you honestly think Cutler is contacting Plax without the consent or knowledge of the brass? I don't think anyone has those balls.

Lastly, it took Moss how long to grow up? I think Plax is at the age where he can show he's an eternal turd or wants to be a pro. Again, the staff will have access to a lot of intell we don't have and can make that determination. I find Eli's endorsement of him to be credible, considering Eli and his family's history of consumate professionalism. Like I said in a previous post, we'll have to use discretion if he is signed.

They won the SB because of their defense. Plax is a cancer and a tool. Pass.

Peace :dabears

With Plaxico in there, Eli became a great QB. Without him, he was mediocre. Nobody is saying what this guy has done off the field is fine, but when he gets on the field, he changes the game. For $3 million or less on a 1 year deal, I'd be willing to give him a shot.

I agree with the mental midget point, to a degree. That's for the staff to inverstigate. Some guys just love speed. To me that's minor.

The second point I really disagree with. Do you honestly think Cutler is contacting Plax without the consent or knowledge of the brass? I don't think anyone has those balls.

Lastly, it took Moss how long to grow up? I think Plax is at the age where he can show he's an eternal turd or wants to be a pro. Again, the staff will have access to a lot of intell we don't have and can make that determination. I find Eli's endorsement of him to be credible, considering Eli and his family's history of consumate professionalism. Like I said in a previous post, we'll have to use discretion if he is signed.

I highly doubt that every player has to get permission from the front office before they call their friends throughout the league. I would imagine there are phone calls on a regular basis between players that no one knows about.

I liked that he had the endorsemment of his fellow teammates even the some of the defense wanted him back. It is interesting that it seemed those endorsements were before he was cut. Endorsements from Eli and others accomplishes two things: Acknowledging how much he was missed in the offense and making sure that if the team brought him back he would feel welcome.

Finally, if Eli was to be drafted by the Bears and he pulled on us what he pulled on San Diego, would you call him a consumate professional. From what I see from other fans on this board, they would be hoping that he would get tertiary syphillis and live a painful life.

Ahhh, the constant quest for the player that will pass "the mom test"!!! Doesn't matter how much we need them, any past successes they may have had or what they can bring to our team.

What they actually do on the football field is secondary to issues like personality, sense of humor, ability to cook, clean driving record, good with kids, timing on planting tomatoes in the spring, easter speech memorization, how he makes his bed etc.

Plax Burress coupled with Cutler, Devin Hester on the other side, Matt Forte and an revamped OL would make our offense the best it has been since the old Turner days. I could see this offense creating big matchup problems for opponents with the ability to possess the ball to rest our defense.

But who really cares about that stuff? We need to bring in nice players that spend their off-seasons doing mission work in third world countries.

Ahhh, the constant quest for the player that will pass "the mom test"!!! Doesn't matter how much we need them, any past successes they may have had or what they can bring to our team.

What they actually do on the football field is secondary to issues like personality, sense of humor, ability to cook, clean driving record, good with kids, timing on planting tomatoes in the spring, easter speech memorization, how he makes his bed etc.

Plax Burress coupled with Cutler, Devin Hester on the other side, Matt Forte and an revamped OL would make our offense the best it has been since the old Turner days. I could see this offense creating big matchup problems for opponents with the ability to possess the ball to rest our defense.

But who really cares about that stuff? We need to bring in nice players that spend their off-seasons doing mission work in third world countries.

Never said that. I would, however, prefer players who put their teamates first (coming to meetings on time would qualify). Also, I would prefer someone who wasn't stupid enough to shoot himself. If you need to protect youself, hire some bodyguards.

Peace

Agreed. But then again, I was in favor of bringing in TO and Moss. At a certain point, I think the quest for a boy scout becomes a bit much.

Being fans we want win at all costs (Cowboys, Redskins). We tend to forget that it is a business and the owners and front office try and bring in people that represent the organization well. I run a business and I won't hire a raging hot chick to run my office that I can't trust and that is dumber than a sack of hammers. I hire people that represent what I want my business to be percieved as. So why would I expect my favorite football team to employ people with issues.

Just imagine the bears signing him. After a few wins he decides to quit coming to meetings and showing up late for practice. Now you have a problem.

Never said that. I would, however, prefer players who put their teamates first (coming to meetings on time would qualify). Also, I would prefer someone who wasn't stupid enough to shoot himself. If you need to protect youself, hire some bodyguards.

Peace

Agreed. But, I honestly think that personality stuff should be a distant second to how they perform on the field. We all would prefer to have good guys. But, I think that off-the-field stuff is given WAY too much emphasis on this board. We've discussed many guys who may be available. Almost every time, the focus is on something they've done off the field. Very little imagination/speculation is given to how we would use them or what it would do our offense.

This is football. These guys are here to play a very violent and competitive game. By nature, you're not going to have a bunch of boy scouts. Actually, you kinda want some mean and nasty players and hope their aggressiveness/testosterone can be kept in check enough so they don't get suspended.

If they don't show up to meetings on time, fine the heck out of 'em and then fine them some more. Once they see their money being affected, they'll wise up. I also don't mind having the NFL's version of "Cheddar Bob" on our team; as long as he doesn't lose speed and can equal his production on gameday, so be it.

Being fans we want win at all costs (Cowboys, Redskins). We tend to forget that it is a business and the owners and front office try and bring in people that represent the organization well. I run a business and I won't hire a raging hot chick to run my office that I can't trust and that is dumber than a sack of hammers. I hire people that represent what I want my business to be percieved as. So why would I expect my favorite football team to employ people with issues.

Just imagine the bears signing him. After a few wins he decides to quit coming to meetings and showing up late for practice. Now you have a problem.

But what if that smoking hot chick could type 80 wpm, address customer issues with minimal effort and produce PowerPoints like she developed the software? BTW, you also are in the market for a new Administrative Assistant. Changes things huh? She may be a bitch at home and drives her husband crazy. But, what do you care? She types 80 wpm!!

In regards to these players (Plax specifically), we are talking about guys that have proven that they can play at a very high level at a position that is a need for us. If he shows up late, fine him. Fine him by the minute if you choose. Just sign him first.

Agreed. But, I honestly think that personality stuff should be a distant second to how they perform on the field. We all would prefer to have good guys. But, I think that off-the-field stuff is given WAY too much emphasis on this board. We've discussed many guys who may be available. Almost every time, the focus is on something they've done off the field. Very little imagination/speculation is given to how we would use them or what it would do our offense.

This is football. These guys are here to play a very violent and competitive game. By nature, you're not going to have a bunch of boy scouts. Actually, you kinda want some mean and nasty players and hope their aggressiveness/testosterone can be kept in check enough so they don't get suspended.

If they don't show up to meetings on time, fine the heck out of 'em and then fine them some more. Once they see their money being affected, they'll wise up. I also don't mind having the NFL's version of "Cheddar Bob" on our team; as long as he doesn't lose speed and can equal his production on gameday, so be it.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. I simply do not want this idiot on our team. I say idiot because anyone who is making millions of dollars and jeopardizes by their own actions is an idiot.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. I simply do not want this idiot on our team. I say idiot because anyone who is making millions of dollars and jeopardizes by their own actions is an idiot.

My take is simple, after the draft if we filled in the right pieces and also drafted a WR, take a chance and bring him in to give us a ticket to the SB. If he fails cut him and move forward. He is only a cancer if you allow him to be a cancer. Also if were throwing stones theres players on this team that havent lived up to a upstanding citizens profile so start condemning them. Oh but there already here so thats ok.

My take is simple, after the draft if we filled in the right pieces and also drafted a WR, take a chance and bring him in to give us a ticket to the SB. If he fails cut him and move forward. He is only a cancer if you allow him to be a cancer. Also if were throwing stones theres players on this team that havent lived up to a upstanding citizens profile so start condemning them. Oh but there already here so thats ok.

I believe I was extremely critical of Briggs when he crashed his car. I called for them to cut Terrel when he couldn't keep his crap straight; same with Tank Johnson. I was critical of Moose when he threw both QBs under the bus. Who else do you want to talk about - Url? He hasn't done anything wrong other than act a fool in front of the microphone.

Maybe, if he'd sign for a really cheap 1 year incentive deal and stayed in line. I wouldn't hate it for a 1 year stop gap until we find our future no. 1.

i wanted Plax coming from Pit but after watching him in NY i'm not so sure. Last year he signs a new deal worth 36 million(i think, not 100%) he then acts like an ass by missing meeting and a ton of other things we never hear about. they then suspend him for a game, along with fines. it comes out that the Giants had fined him 40 to 50 different times because he breaks so many rules before they decided to suspend him. later on he then shoots himself in the leg out at a club. he can play but do we really want all the crap that comes with him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3606150

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,111051

read thes two articles and tell me if a 1year deal with incentives will do the trick??