Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are the Lions doing? Really? How will Stafford throw to Pettigrew and Johnson if he doesn't have any time? Maualuga would have been a great pick at this point.

This is the Lions for you. :banghead

The Lions did use a high pick on Cheribus last year and I'm assuming you'll see them grab a guard or a tackle that falls with ther 2nd round pick. Considering no one else is off the board I could understand. I just don't like a TE this early. Than again, its the biggest safety valve for a QB and now Stafford should have in time a great TE and WR (or at least thats there idea).

The Lions did use a high pick on Cheribus last year and I'm assuming you'll see them grab a guard or a tackle that falls with ther 2nd round pick. Considering no one else is off the board I could understand. I just don't like a TE this early. Than again, its the biggest safety valve for a QB and now Stafford should have in time a great TE and WR (or at least thats there idea).

But there are plenty of solid looking TE's who will go in round 3 (where Detroit has 2 picks), like James Casey from Rice or Shawn Nelson from Southern Mississippi. Look, I'll take it, but for a team who just spent potentially $73 million over 6 years on a QB, you better protect him.

If Harvin keeps his head on, the Vikes just got a hell of a pick. The guy has all the tools, maybe not huge physical size, but he's got the speed, quickness and hands.

Yep, did not want Harvin to go to MIN. If he works out, could be a great pick for them.

freak, Ravens move up, I got to imagine this is where Nicks goes. WR's aren't falling at all. Giants are going to nab another WR later on in this round, imo. However, if Bmore/New York take WR's, than all of a sudden you might have the leverage to get Braylon.

Nicks is gone now to the Giants. It seems less and less likely there will be a free-fall for WR's dropping.

Bears are going to have to bring in a FA after the draft for WR help, too many WRs going in the first.

Think you're right. Robiskie is not going to make it to #49. I'll guess we'll look at D, SS or DE, if that happens.

Disagree. All the WR's drafted so far were projected to go in the first round. Robiskie could still be around.

I hope you're right. If not, we are going to need to pick up a vet later. Someone's cast-off. But hey, I'm happy cause we got Cutler.