Perry, Tab WR UFA 6-3 215 4th Season MIA TBD

Porter, Jerry WR Released 6-2 220 9th Season JAC TBD

Robinson, Koren WR UFA 6-1 205 7th Season SEA TBD

Shepherd, Edell WR UFA 6-1 175 5th Season DEN TBD

Taylor, Travis WR Released 6-1 210 9th Season DET TBD

Toomer, Amani WR UFA 6-3 203 13th Season NYG TBD

Williams, Edward WR RFA 6-4 215 Rookie BAL TBD

Williams, Reggie WR UFA 6-4 212 5th Season JAC TBD

Burress will not sign with anyone until his legal situation is resolved.

Personally, I would like to stand pat at this point and see how the new WRs play with Cutler. We can make WR the #1 priority next yr if necessary.

Peace :dabears

I'm still game for brining Jurevicious, but overall, I like your game plan.

Personally, I would like to stand pat at this point and see how the new WRs play with Cutler. We can make WR the #1 priority next yr if necessary.

I think this list might be outdated - I know that Jerry Porter, Will Franklin, Keary Colbert, Ruvell Martin, and Sam Hurd have all been signed to long-term contracts or have signed their one-year tender agreements. I'm not sure the Bears would give up draft picks for any of them. Anyway, here's my two cents:

Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are young, they're both big receivers and each might have some potential, but both of them are facing suspension for multiple drug charges. Jones might be worth a look if he can clean up and his suspension's short; Williams is physical, but he's slow and inconsistent catching the ball.

DJ Hackett has some talent, but he's always hurt, and he was a healthy scratch in Carolina even when he wasn't. He's about as inconsistent as Brandon Lloyd. Ike Hilliard and Drew Bennett don't seem like they have much of anything left. We know Marty Booker doesn't.

Malcom Floyd might not be a bad pickup, since he's a good red-zone receiver and he can contribute on special teams, too. Since he hasn't signed his tender yet and he was undrafted, the Bears wouldn't have to give up draft picks to get him. It'd be nice to have a big receiver for Jay Cutler. Floyd's not as physical as Brandon Marshall, but he's comparable in size: Marshall's 6'4" 230, Floyd's 6'5" 226. The collapsed lung that he had is worrisome, so Chicago's doctors would have to clear him.

One guy who's not on the list is Reggie Brown from the Eagles. He's a relatively young guy with some talent who's fallen out of favor in Philly for some reason. He was a starter in 2006 and 2007, though, and he produced pretty well: between those two seasons, he put up nearly 1600 yards and 12 touchdowns. Not spectacular numbers, but pretty serviceable. Philly's already tried to trade him at least once this offseason (they were reportedly offering Brown and a 3rd to Tennessee for Bo Scaife) - if he's still on the trading block and can be gotten cheaply, he'd be a decent insurance policy in case Bennett and Iglesias can't step up. Brown doesn't play special teams, though, so I think Chicago should only look at him if they're convinced that they don't have a #2 wideout on the roster. If either Bennett or Iglesias can be that, then I'm OK with Chicago standing pat.

I will agree here. I like this cadre of young receivers. It means they will be hungry and motivated. I would like us to even get rid of Davis. I cant wait to watch these guys run around.

I wish we still had Haas.

Haas looked great when I saw him in TC. The worst part is, that poor guy might spend the rest of his life thinking, "What could have been?"

I'm still trying to figure out when Brandon Riddeau became better then Haas.

Haas looked great when I saw him in TC. The worst part is, that poor guy might spend the rest of his life thinking, "What could have been?"

I think SEA signed Haas from our PS and must have felt Haas was better than Riddeau as I think both were up for grabs. I thought both had excellent potential and could not see why we did not give at least one a chance on our main roster in that our WRs last year were not that impressive.

I wish we had both Haas and Rideau last year over Booker / Davis. Rideau showed some promise last preseason and Haas made one of the best non-cacthes ever when he made that amazing catch going out of the corner of the endzone in preseason action.

I love that Haas's name is now being brought up as - the guy who could have been...i swear its gonna be another 5 years before this board just lets go of the guy who never did anything and will never be better than a 4th WR.

I think you miss the point. I do not think any of us thought he would be the next superstar for the Bears. However, a lot of us thought, in the light of a very underachieving WR Corps, that he at least deserved a shot at the main roster. The same goes for Riddeau. Neither Haas or Riddeau will be more than a #3 option, but I think both could have contributed more than Booker or Davis did last year.

I hear ya Pix.

I think the handling of the WR corps last season will go done as one of the largest mysteries of this coaching staff's tenure.

I think you miss the point. I do not think any of us thought he would be the next superstar for the Bears. However, a lot of us thought, in the light of a very underachieving WR Corps, that he at least deserved a shot at the main roster. The same goes for Riddeau. Neither Haas or Riddeau will be more than a #3 option, but I think both could have contributed more than Booker or Davis did last year.

Or the most likely explanation, Hass and Rideau are actually worse than Lloyd and Booker! Occams razor you know! Especially viewed in the light that they spent significant time on the practice squad i without being offered a contract. Or is the other 31 teams as bad talent evaluators as the Bears?

Or the most likely explanation, Hass and Rideau are actually worse than Lloyd and Booker! Occams razor you know! Especially viewed in the light that they spent significant time on the practice squad i without being offered a contract. Or is the other 31 teams as bad talent evaluators as the Bears?

thank you

I am a firm believer in the thought that one can not truly evaluate a player until they get actual NFL game experience/reps. Haas & Riddeau have had zero chance to prove themselves. They both have looked outstanding in preseason, but that proves nothing. It does make one curious as to what they would do if given a chance for Prime Time.

Look at last seasons WRs.

Lloyd looked good the first half but then showed in the 2nd half of the season why SFO & WAS gave up on him.

Booker showed us he was no where near the receiver he was in his 1st run with us.

Davis dropped so many passes everyone wanted him cut, and many still do.

Bennett never saw the field.

In the light of the underachieving WRs we had, what would it have hurt to give Haas or Riddeau a shot? What could it have possibly hurt? Could they really have been any worse than Lloyd, Davis, or Booker?

I am a firm believer in the thought that one can not truly evaluate a player until they get actual NFL game experience/reps. Haas & Riddeau have had zero chance to prove themselves. They both have looked outstanding in preseason, but that proves nothing. It does make one curious as to what they would do if given a chance for Prime Time.

Look at last seasons WRs.

Lloyd looked good the first half but then showed in the 2nd half of the season why SFO & WAS gave up on him.

Booker showed us he was no where near the receiver he was in his 1st run with us.

Davis dropped so many passes everyone wanted him cut, and many still do.

Bennett never saw the field.

In the light of the underachieving WRs we had, what would it have hurt to give Haas or Riddeau a shot? What could it have possibly hurt? Could they really have been any worse than Lloyd, Davis, or Booker?

Come on man. The Seahawks had ZERO receivers last year after all of them got hurt and Hass caught exactly zero passes. They were signing guys off the street to play over him. The bottom line is that he simply was not good enough.

Come on man. The Seahawks had ZERO receivers last year after all of them got hurt and Hass caught exactly zero passes. They were signing guys off the street to play over him. The bottom line is that he simply was not good enough.

Well if they are that bad why waste a spot on the PS for them? Cut them and sign someone else to take their place. I assume the reason a player is on the PS is because they have 'SOME" potential. I guess I am sadly mistaken.

On Floyd, I believe it is too late to do anything with RFAs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the deadline to send in offer sheets on them passed the week of the draft.

The only real attractive names on that list for me are Hackett and Drew Carter, but honestly, I'd rather see what we have with the enigmas in-house over them. I know it's not very popular to go with such a young and inexperienced cast there, but at some point you have to actually develop those guys and play them, rather than bringing in vet retreads to stunt their growth until they go elsewhere and succeed.

Well if they are that bad why waste a spot on the PS for them? Cut them and sign someone else to take their place. I assume the reason a player is on the PS is because they have 'SOME" potential. I guess I am sadly mistaken.

Just because someone has potential doesn't mean they realize that potential.

Maybe the Bears saw something they liked but it didn't grow from there.

Doesn't the fact that Hass couldn't get on the field in Seattle tell you something?

And I have the feeling that if Riddeau can't earn a spot this year then he will be gone as well.

What happened to Marvin Harrison?? Why isn't he someone that the Bears are considering and not on the list???

11248054451press112200740809pm.jpg

Call me crazy...something about Ashley Lelie strikes me as intriguing. Sounds as though he could be headed to Pittsburgh.

As far as where the true attempt should be.....Anquan Boldin. Hands down. I hope the Bears make a re-attempt for this guy.

What happened to Marvin Harrison?? Why isn't he someone that the Bears are considering and not on the list???

Call me crazy...something about Ashley Lelie strikes me as intriguing. Sounds as though he could be headed to Pittsburgh.

As far as where the true attempt should be.....Anquan Boldin. Hands down. I hope the Bears make a re-attempt for this guy.

Harrison is reported to resign. BUT i wouldn't want him anyway. The line of thought in order to bring in a veteran WR is not only for him to catch the ball, but in order to learn the rookies (and Hester...) the ropes of being an NFL receiver. Marvin Harrison is a loner and not really the model citizen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3813507

Just because someone has potential doesn't mean they realize that potential.

Maybe the Bears saw something they liked but it didn't grow from there.

Doesn't the fact that Hass couldn't get on the field in Seattle tell you something?

And I have the feeling that if Riddeau can't earn a spot this year then he will be gone as well.

The rules for signing players from another teams practice squad make the signing significant alone. You must sign them to the 53 man roster so why would Seattle waste a roster spot on a guy they didn't value?

Haas played in the PAC 10 and maybe the Seahawks scouts thought he could add something to the mix and Mike Holmgren at the time was the coach and hye has developed a WR or two in his time.

The word potential could be tied to everyone of the draft picks that all 32 teams just made.BTW keep in mind that Keenan McCardell was once a Bears' practice squad player after originally starting in Dallas' camp as UFA.