2009 Bourbonnais Thread

Brian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple impressions from the Sun Times arrival photos.

Is it good or bad when the ice man arrives first?

Jarron Gilbert is a little bit too light to play DT in this league. I know he's a rookie and he is what he is this year but he'll need to add some weight in the next offseason to reach his potential. I'm not saying he can't contribute this year just that to handle a lot of reps he needs more bulk.

Payne looks a bit more stout than last year.

Nobody will believe Brad Maynard when he tells them he plays in the NFL.

Marcus Harrison put on the PUP due to weight issues, and we're talking about 14lbs? Not making sense to me seeing as the best way to work off the excess weight is to workout. He had his knee scoped during the offseason and said he had a lot of personal issues to deal with this offseason. My guess is that he's not just overweight he's out of shape and the Bears want him working out before getting into contact drills. Plus it's good to send a message like this. He's got some competition now and needs to understand he has to earn a job.

Joey LaRocque is released. That makes the roster 78 at the moment. With McGee expected to sign on as camp leg (both Punter and Kicker) that still leaves one open spot. So, what position will the Bears address? WR (i.e Matt Jones) or FS?

Joey LaRocque is released. That makes the roster 78 at the moment. With McGee expected to sign on as camp leg (both Punter and Kicker) that still leaves one open spot. So, what position will the Bears address? WR (i.e Matt Jones) or FS?

Too bad 'La Rock' was cut but he was going to have a hard time making this team.

Peace :dabears

Too bad 'La Rock' was cut but he was going to have a hard time making this team.

Peace :dabears

He was a solid special teams guy . . . why would we keep him through all the OTA's and dump him as soon as he reports?

Agreed he wouldn't make the team, but it seems like there are far worse players then "La Rock' who haven't been cut yet.

He was a solid special teams guy . . . why would we keep him through all the OTA's and dump him as soon as he reports?

Agreed he wouldn't make the team, but it seems like there are far worse players then "La Rock' who haven't been cut yet.

I think they decided that he would not make the team with Pisa, Hilly, & J Williams all on board. This way he has a chance to sign on with another team. I like the fact they are giving him a chance to find a new home before it is too late to do so.

To start, I think Iglesias, Knox, and Rideau all looked fantastic today. Cutler was a bit off but he probably had some nerves + it was his first practice as a Bear. Olsen looked outstanding. Danieal Manning had hamstring cramps and barely participated. Forte looks stronger + a new tattoo on his right arm.

Briggs and Urlacher

Picture015.jpg

11-on-11 drills with the first team offense

Picture014.jpg

Cutler

Picture013.jpg

Cutler and Hester

Picture012.jpg

Forte

Picture011.jpg

Hester

Picture010.jpg

Cutler

Picture009-1.jpg

Breaking the huddle after drills

Picture008-1.jpg

The WR's

Picture007-1.jpg

Cutler and Bennett

Picture006-1.jpg

Hester

Picture005-1.jpg

First play in the 11 on 11 scrimmage...guess what happened. Fumbled snap. :blink: G

Alex Brown signing after practice:

Bearbonnais2009094.jpg

Tommie Harris in on the autographs too:

Bearbonnais2009101.jpg

Greg Olsen:

Bearbonnais2009091.jpg

Tommie Harris & Matt Forte

ForteHarris.jpg

Marinelli, Ogunleye, and Dvoracek (who amazingly didn't get hurt)

MarinelliOgunDvorcek.jpg

11 on 11

Bearbonnais2009073.jpg

Forte is tackled by Briggs:

Bearbonnais2009044.jpg

Peanut gets a fresh ice pack strapped to his back:

Bearbonnais2009019.jpg

I think we need to sign a new tight end!

Bearbonnais2009047.jpg

Links to Videos:

Cutler to Olsen on the sideline

Cutler to Olsen deep

Cutler goes deep

Kevin Jones long run

Kevin Jones woulda been stuffed

Great catch by Wolfe

Rocket Man

Just remember a homeless guy that makes millions just to kick a ball. Sign me up. lol.

He certainly has been worth the money and probably one the the more forgotten guys on team. I can't recall a single bad snap on a punt (though in the past we have practiced that a lot in game situations), FG or extra point. He's one of if not the best long snapper in the league. I'm glad we have him here.

He certainly has been worth the money and probably one the the more forgotten guys on team. I can't recall a single bad snap on a punt (though in the past we have practiced that a lot in game situations), FG or extra point. He's one of if not the best long snapper in the league. I'm glad we have him here.

I completely agree. You never see him with a bad snap.